Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2006, 12:27   #16
Team-BHP Support

But you will get sprayed with brake fluid all over, dirty your parking. Better do it in a garage. It was the "messing the surroundings" issue due to which I stopped decarbonizing at home :d
Old 8th March 2006, 14:20   #17
DRC
BHPian

Thanks friends for being friends!

Surpisingly, the issue of veering got solved itself. Now I am unable to notice veering. Now the brakes are confidence inspiring.

I am only hoping the devil will not return.
Old 8th March 2006, 16:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
I think you are right. If the problem is only while braking, it can't be alignment. I remember having that problem with Chevy Malibu, turned out to be manufacturing fault in their rotar, Chevy had free part/labour regarding this complaint. Mine was replaced twice in 2.5 years following my complaint.
Had the same problem with my Esteem; got the front rotors ground on a lathe. They etch a fine (< 1 mm deep) tight spiral on the rotors, like an LP record. This gets rid of any imperfections / rust on the rotor surface and allows for even (read non-vibrating) braking.
Old 22nd December 2006, 13:00   #19
sAP
BHPian

I just came across this thread today, Nitrous. Is your braking vibration problem solved? If so, what worked for you?

sAP
PS: In my case it was rebleeding + new rotors + pads that worked.
Old 11th January 2008, 14:50   #20
BHPian

Hi Nitrous,
Just came across this thread when I checked to see if there was any one else suffering this problem. I have a Ford Fusion, which has done only 20000 KM. I started getting this steering vibration (juddering) when braking on the highway. Never noticed it in the city, where you can drive only at slow speeds. The service centre could not give any explanations. I will now go to them with your experience, and see what comes out of it.
Old 11th January 2008, 17:43   #21
BHPian

The same issue occured with my zen after clocking 130000. The issue was with the disks. Replaced both the disks and the problem newer came back.
Old 20th March 2008, 11:46   #22
BHPian

Update

Hi,
The Ford guys checked the front discs straight away and found that there were grooves in them, which apparently happens when dirt gets lodged between the disc and the brake pad. This is what causes the vibrations on braking. In my case, they re-finished the brake disc and that seems to have solved the problem.
I am a little surprised at how early the problem appeared in my car (just 20K on the odo). Maybe, that is a reflection of the condition of Kerala roads
Old 20th March 2008, 14:10   #23
BHPian

I'm facing a veering issue on my baleno too, it happens occassionally.. I've recently got new brake pads and got the brake bleeding done too!

Its a very strange thing, since it happens occassionally!

I guess I'm gonna get the rotors checked soon..
Old 20th March 2008, 14:48   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Nitrous,

Please do post here and let us know what solved the problem for you.
Old 20th March 2008, 15:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

The brake disc(rotor) had major imperfections.So, everytime I braked, the vibrations picked through the brake pads and caliper passed all the way to the steering.
I replaced the rotors. And it vanished.
If there was decent thickness,machining the discs would have probably worked.
Old 20th June 2009, 01:12   #26
BHPian

I have some thing some problem but in different condition.
If I put the brake with pressing clutch it does not vibrate. But the steering started vibrating if the I brake with out the Clutch.
Any suggestion ?
Old 20th June 2009, 01:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
I have some thing some problem but in different condition.
If I put the brake with pressing clutch it does not vibrate. But the steering started vibrating if the I brake with out the Clutch.
Any suggestion ?
+1
I have the same issue here. However i think its the Tyres that needs repalment as i have already covered 56K on the regular Fiesta MRF tyres.
Old 6th July 2009, 19:56   #28
BHPian

I have the same shuddering of steering while braking above speeds of 60 kms/hr in my fiesta which has done only 17k. My car is still under warranty as Ford gives 2 years warranty. This problem has occurred recently. Today i took the car to the service station and they claim that the rotors, discs and brake pads have to be replaced. They are charging me close to 6k for that.

I asked if the rotors and discs are covered under warranty. Their answer was "NO". But still i gave a go ahead for them to replace all the items mentioned above. But after a couple of hours i called and told them that i need all the replaced parts (they shouldnt be bothered what i going to do with those) the service advisor said he will check if any of these items is covered under warranty or not. Is there any foul play involved?

Please advice if any of the parts mentioned above are covered under warranty or not.
Old 7th July 2009, 09:19   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
I have the same shuddering of steering while braking above speeds of 60 kms/hr in my fiesta which has done only 17k. My car is still under warranty as Ford gives 2 years warranty. This problem has occurred recently. Today i took the car to the service station and they claim that the rotors, discs and brake pads have to be replaced. They are charging me close to 6k for that.

I asked if the rotors and discs are covered under warranty. Their answer was "NO". But still i gave a go ahead for them to replace all the items mentioned above. But after a couple of hours i called and told them that i need all the replaced parts (they shouldnt be bothered what i going to do with those) the service advisor said he will check if any of these items is covered under warranty or not. Is there any foul play involved?

Please advice if any of the parts mentioned above are covered under warranty or not.
If my memory is correct, then discs & rotors are covered under warranty.

Above all, why can't you read the owner's manual ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks