Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 18:47   #1
BHPian

Verna CRDI Acceleration Problem

I have a Hyundai Verna CRDI, it is in great condition. Recently I took it to a local electrician and looks like he messed up the wiring. After that car started giving problems like engine switching off while driving, Check Engine Light came on. Hyundai Showroom technicians took 3 days to find out a wire skinned out (?) and rectified the problem. Engine is not switching off and Check Light has gone.

Now the new problem is, Car doesn't accelerate beyond 3000 RPM.
They checked ECM, IVM, Sensors, Timing Chain, Fuel Pump, Wiring, Diesel Filter, Diesel Quality etc - still not able to find the root cause.

Technicians are still working on it and I am worried. What could be the issue? Why it doesn't go beyond 3000 RPM?
Old 12th October 2011, 18:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Verna CRDI Acceleration Problem

I know this might be already tried out, but reset the ECU once.
AbhiJ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 21:22   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Your engine appears to have gone into "limp" mode and is merely try to save itself from further damage. Did the Hyundai workshop connect a diagnostic system to check for error codes? If not, that's what you should do tomorrow.

As AbhiJ recommended, try resetting the ECU too.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 22:19   #4
BHPian

Thanks for the replies. Hyundai technicians have done all that. ECM reset, disconnecting battery for sometime, running the scanner etc. Scanner detects some error, they correct it, later the problems re-occurs.

Today check light came again and car stalls for every 1-2 kms while moving. Engine starts immediately when tried, moves and stops after 1-2 kms.

Car has been taken out of Hyundai showroom today and given a local expert mechanic for checking the electrical system and wiring. Hope he can resolves this, he suspects some skinned out wire is touching car body somewhere.

I got the clutch replacement, wheel alignment, interior cleaning, battery replacement etc, this problem started after all these, not sure if there is any link.

It has become a mystery.
Old 13th October 2011, 00:34   #5
BANNED

I faced this problem several times on my bike.i dicnct the ecu for a few minutes,it gets back to normal .i dont exactly know what tiggers it,but I would recmnd check fuse boxes(both under hood and under dash) for blown up ones.
In my case problem started when I pulled out a 10amp fuse while engine was running.
Although I did replace that fuse, but problem kept coming back at its own will.
Then I interchanged my cars ecu with bike's ecu,and both are working fine since than!
And I have no clue whats happning.
Old 19th October 2011, 11:36   #6
BHPian

Same discussion thread seem to be duplicated on indiagarage site with different user names!!!
Verna CRDI Acceleration Problem

Reg. my car problem, the issue seem to be Fuel Pump Switch, which is getting replaced. Hope it works.
Old 19th October 2011, 22:15   #7
BHPian

What is price of Verna (CRDi) Fuel Pressure Regulator?
One of the showroom guys told 21k + labor, is it right?
Old 20th October 2011, 08:10   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer
What is price of Verna (CRDi) Fuel Pressure Regulator?
One of the showroom guys told 21k + labor, is it right?
Call and check with another Hyundai service center.you will get to know if it is correct or not
Old 27th October 2011, 09:33   #9
BHPian

Problem is resolved. Ultimately it was not fuel pressure regulator, but some small sensor, car is running fine after replacing the part.

Thanks for all your responses.
Old 27th October 2011, 15:23   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Problem is resolved. Ultimately it was not fuel pressure regulator, but some small sensor, car is running fine after replacing the part.

Thanks for all your responses.

Please let us know what exactly was wrong,i face similar problem once in a while
Old 28th October 2011, 08:22   #11
BHPian

Mechanic says he replaced two sensors on either side of engine + cleaned fuel hose. Earlier I guess they cleaned the fuel tank to remove the contaminated diesel (just to be safe). Total bill was Rs.12k.
Old 5th February 2012, 12:03   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Mechanic says he replaced two sensors on either side of engine + cleaned fuel hose. Earlier I guess they cleaned the fuel tank to remove the contaminated diesel (just to be safe). Total bill was Rs.12k.
Hi .. My Verna is also Facing the same problem now . All the Sensors have been replaced but still facing the same problem. Can you please confirm what Sensors were changed to your car ?? Thank You
Old 5th February 2012, 16:47   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haryan View Post
Hi .. My Verna is also Facing the same problem now . All the Sensors have been replaced but still facing the same problem. Can you please confirm what Sensors were changed to your car ?? Thank You

Can you please tell the problem you are facing in detail ?
Old 5th February 2012, 22:29   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
Please let us know what exactly was wrong,i face similar problem once in a while
Quote:
3 Verna owners with the same issue? Looks like it had nothing to do with the local electrician's work as @hummer had suspected. Is it with the 1.6 or 1.4 Verna?

One of my friends has booked a 1.4 CRDi.
Old 7th February 2012, 22:59   #15
BHPian

Quote:
I know how much headache this can cause. I moved to a different location within Bangalore, I will try to contact the mechanic and get the details of sensors.

My observations:
1. I got this problem (on 2 occassions) after a full tank of diesel from Shell
2. Car stalled once after the sensor replacement also, I checked the Fuel tank cap. It was not closed tightly, it started running fine after closing properly. I havent faced this stalling issue since then (touch wood)
3. Get the fuel tank cleaned once (moisture/water drops in diesel may cause this)

Meanwhile try these things. If all the sensors are already replaced, then I suspect it is fuel pump. Showroom guys can test with demo car's parts and confirm it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks