Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2011, 09:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 - Electrical Problems EDIT - Now Resolved

Great, now it seems that your car is running fine now. One cannot rely on the Hyundai service personnel.
Have more and more miles of safe driving.
Old 30th April 2012, 16:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hello t-bhpians,

I'm back with a new electrical issue with my i10. This is a pretty serious one. When I park my car at night, the parking lamps turn on by themselves. I went to Advaith twice. But they gave up within half an hour because they were not able to reproduce the issue. Today morning, the battery ran out of charge. I'm guessing the parking lamps might be on whole night. Anyone else faced this issue? If yes, what was the resolution.

Once the issue happens, if I turn on and off the headlamps, the issue goes away.

And the issue started happening since last month. I had been to Advaith Hyundai to replace my broken tail lamp assembly. I actually told them this. They verified the connections on the tail lamp and found everything to be fine. But somehow I suspect, since the tail lamp also involves parking lamps, there is an issue with their job. Or it might be a plain co-incidence that the issue started from that day.

Thanks!

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 30th April 2012 at 16:20.
Old 17th May 2012, 14:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Hello t-bhpians,

I'm back with a new electrical issue with my i10. This is a pretty serious one. When I park my car at night, the parking lamps turn on by themselves. I went to Advaith twice. But they gave up within half an hour because they were not able to reproduce the issue. Today morning, the battery ran out of charge. I'm guessing the parking lamps might be on whole night. Anyone else faced this issue? If yes, what was the resolution.

Once the issue happens, if I turn on and off the headlamps, the issue goes away.

And the issue started happening since last month. I had been to Advaith Hyundai to replace my broken tail lamp assembly. I actually told them this. They verified the connections on the tail lamp and found everything to be fine. But somehow I suspect, since the tail lamp also involves parking lamps, there is an issue with their job. Or it might be a plain co-incidence that the issue started from that day.

Thanks!
Were you able to find the solution to the problem? Do let us know.
motorguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 18:42   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When I park my car at night, the parking lamps turn on by themselves.

And the issue started happening since last month. I had been to Advaith Hyundai to replace my broken tail lamp assembly.
Your parking lamps are getting direct 12v supply even with your switch off

since you say it becomes normal once you turn the headlamp switch on and off , to me it looks like an issue with the headlamp switch stalk.

Was any job done recently on the control stalks/steering column or was the dashboard opened for some job?
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 07:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Hello t-bhpians,

Thanks!

Hi,

Just a quick question - Did it rain just before this problem started ? Or did you drive in any area with a lot of water ? Or did you give the car for a wash recently ?

Lights coming on automatically, point to a short happening somewhere, which most likely is due to presence of water somewhere in the electrical circuit. Or it could be attributed to rats having chewed the wire somewhere.

The best DIY here would be to park your car in direct sunlight for 5-6 hours and then give it a shot.

Please keep us posted on how the car has been behaving lately and what steps have you taken.

Cheers,
Yogesh.
yogeshnagpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2012, 14:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 - Electrical Problems EDIT - New Issue (Page 2)

Extremely sorry folks, was too tied up with work this whole week.

Yes, the problem was identified and rectified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
Were you able to find the solution to the problem? Do let us know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
it looks like an issue with the headlamp switch stalk.
Yes, you are absolutely right. It was a headlamp stalk issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
Lights coming on automatically, point to a short happening somewhere, which most likely is due to presence of water somewhere in the electrical circuit. Or it could be attributed to rats having chewed the wire somewhere.
This is what I exactly thought. But the workshop guys ruled it out.

It was a simple headlamp stalk issue but the problem actually started from the time my tail lamp assembly was replaced. This actually led the investigation in a different direction altogether, I guess.

Finally after 4-5 visits to the workshop, the issue was identified and resolved.

I have a question for you guys. Did you ever pay advance amount to a Hyundai (or any other) dealership to procure a part, so that you don't go and fit the part in another dealership? I did. For the first time in my life. Will write a detailed report on that tonight.
Old 21st May 2012, 07:35   #22
BHPian

I have a question for you guys. Did you ever pay advance amount to a Hyundai (or any other) dealership to procure a part, so that you don't go and fit the part in another dealership? I did. For the first time in my life. Will write a detailed report on that tonight.[/quote]

No, I've offered them an advance amount in the past (even asked them if they wanted the entire payment), but they refuse. Possibly the dealer's accounting system wont allow this since no part has been issued.

But on another note, it pays to keep following with them (see a separate thread I wrote on needing a plastic gromet for the underside - which is a Rs.15 part making them quite uninterested in procuring the same). But consistent followup and buttering up the spare parts person (and a short email to Hyundai complaining about inaction) got me the part. I never got a reply from Hyundai, but seems like the Trident Hyundai manager was passed on the complaint from Hyundai.

BTW - going back on your headlight stalk issue, did they change the entire headlight stalk - how much was the part?
Old 12th April 2015, 02:24   #23

Hi Guys Today i have faced a Same issue. yesterday Evening in Bangalore it was raining and and after coming back i have parked my car out side on road and later at 12:30 AM i found my Tail lamp is on so i tried to switch off but every thing is fine and still its glowing can you please tell me what was the problem and how to fix it. Called Hyundai Customer Care but i never Experienced such a bad customer Support. Please let me know what exactly was the problem. Now battery is completely Down.
Old 12th April 2015, 08:58   #24
BHPian

Due to the rain, some water may have seeped into the wiring harness connected to the light. The 12V positive from the battery ahs been shorted to ground which is making the lamp light. It ought to go after it dries up.

Get your wiring harness at the rear checked & sealed up. This should be done on a priority basis as it's VERY dangerous. If you have recently installed aftermarket items at the rear, start checking there first.

Last edited by 1self : 12th April 2015 at 08:59.
Old 12th April 2015, 13:46   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
Due to the rain, some water may have seeped into the wiring harness connected to the light. The 12V positive from the battery ahs been shorted to ground which is making the lamp light. It ought to go after it dries up.

Get your wiring harness at the rear checked & sealed up. This should be done on a priority basis as it's VERY dangerous. If you have recently installed aftermarket items at the rear, start checking there first.
There was a Electrical wiring Leak under the Dashboard. Its been rectified but still in Observation so that it should not cause any serious Problem. Thanks Guys for prompt Response.
Old 12th April 2015, 14:03   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Blue_pulsar,
My dad's Ikon had a similar problem - Total unpredicatble electrical block out. A local electrician traced it out as a problem with a burnt connector that connects the ingnition switch with the vehicle wiring harness. He by-passed the connector with a similarly thick wire and the problem was solved. Yours also sounds similar. Though solving it wouldnt take much time, but identifying takes. Do elaborate us about the diagnosis and the solution provided by the service centre.
-Ilango
Sure I will, let me Check Weather problem is resolved permanently and not cause any further problem.

Hyundai Service Center Engineer has checked entire car wiring one by one and first he checked Rear Tail lamp and checked water leak or not, found nothing. then he moved to under Bonnet, nothing found then he started checking Under Dash board and removed all wiring including fuse console and after an 4 hour complete checkup then he found tail lamp wire was melted and it became direct so finally problem resolved. it happen due to heat or loose connection wire get heat and melt.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks