Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2015, 11:51   #31
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea (1.3 MJD EP) Acceleration Issue!!!

The issue was resolved quite a while ago, during subsequent service. Sorry I did not update this thread after that.
Old 2nd January 2015, 12:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

Please throw more light on how it got resolved, Autocrat
Old 13th April 2015, 16:28   #33
BHPian

Faced the same issue yesterday on my 75HP Punto Emotion. ODO: 83 K Kms.

I was at 120KMPH on a highway when i stopped accelerating for a sec and then hit the pedal when to get back but there was no response. I thought it was a turbo failure but later found this thread ! I have driven 100 KMS later on and 50Kms in the city and the issue has not resurfaced. Everything seems to be normal !

I am planning on a long drive in the near future. How do you guys advise me to proactively resolve this issue?

PS: I have been observing a sound lately, around the 1000-1500 RPM range in 1-3 Gears with AC on usually. The sound seems like something is opening up in the throttle for a short rpm range (Like i am running on a K&N Filter) .. vanishes below 2K RPM. Dont know if this is anyhow related to the above issue.
Old 4th November 2015, 16:57   #34
BHPian

And we have one more.

On Monday I picked up my car from Balaji Fiat in Thane after a routine 70,000 kms service. All was well and the car was silky smooth as ever. Not for long though. On my way back home, the acceleration issue cropped up. The car just wouldn't pull after 2000 RPM. I parked the car, switched it off, and then back on again, and all was normal. The next morning, the same issue cropped up again. Took the car straight to the service center where they are trying to look for the cause of this issue.

EGR has been cleant. They are now checking the intercooler and turbo. I hope this is not a Turbo issue.

Any tips on what the service center should be checking for?
Old 4th November 2015, 18:58   #35
BHPian

This probably might seem snake oil to most who read this but there is no harm in trying. I have had this issue in the Cruze when it crossed about 60,000km and it is squarely blamed on the dry diesel that we have these days. You can read a detailed write up elsewhere running into several pages of another forum. Code 0089 is the title.

To cut a long story short, get yourself a 100ml packet of 2T oil, yes I said 2T oil used in autorickshaws( the two stroke phut phut). Empty into a near empty fuel tank and then fill it up to the brim with diesel. Drive for about 20km and it should clear up. The problem is with a plunger valve that regulates diesel fuel pressure inside the fuel injection pump.

My car is purring along and has crossed 1,39,000km in five and half years of ownership. It does hiccup with the same issue and goes into limp mode if I do not use the concoction regularly but presently for the oiling I need just 20ml for 55 liters of fuel. I experimented with decreasing concentration till I ended with a figure of 20ml for 55 liters of diesel for my Cruze. Yours might need a different concentration. If I do not use it, then it goes into limp mode in about 300 to 400km of filling fresh diesel without 2T oil. At 60,000km when I had mentioned this problem to the service center they had asked me to change the pump which costs 58,000rupees.

Hope this helps all diesel heads with vehicles above 60,000km where the fuel pressures some times touch 20,000psi. Please note that it should be mineral 2t oil and not the high grade synthetic 2t oil that can be procured from abroad. Synthetic 2T will kill your engine.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 4th November 2015 at 19:08.
drpullockaran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 23:09   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Please note that it should be mineral 2t oil and not the high grade synthetic 2t oil that can be procured from abroad. Synthetic 2T will kill your engine.
This is mainly due to the low sulphur content in the Diesel. There are additives you can add as well. How much has your Cruze run on 2T additive?
Old 5th November 2015, 17:11   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
How much has your Cruze run on 2T additive?
I started using it from about 80,000km which is when I chanced upon this solution and till date it has crossed 1,39,800km. The hiccup surfaced after the vehicle crossed about 60,000km and I was driving with intermittent limp mode which I used to clear with the android app called TORQUE PRO. The ECU clear command stopped having effect by about 80,000km.The mix is 20ml for about 55 liters for my Cruze. On long distance high strung trips(mine is mapped to about 195bhp and 385Nm by Siddarth) I up it to about 30ml for every full tank which comes to about 0.54ml for every liter but 0.4ml/liter is what I use 90 percent of the time. System D and other diesel additives both cheap and expensive could not ameliorate the problem. From 60,000km to about 80,000km I have tried every single concoction under the sun in the concentrations mentioned on the label of each additive. Why I am dead sure about 2T is because the problem surfaces in about 300km if I do not use 2T oil which is what I experimented with from 80,000km to about 100,000km. 2T oil concentrations lower than what I have mentioned also brings about this issue.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 5th November 2015 at 17:21.
drpullockaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 19:25   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
I started using it from about 80,000km which is when I chanced upon this solution and till date it has crossed 1,39,800km. .
Thanks for the info. I am wondering if I could do this for my Figo too. I have a new spare set of injectors anyways. Figo's manual says no additives but I cannot totally believe that too. I will give it a try.
Old 6th November 2015, 11:10   #39
BHPian

The diagnostics are in. The service center says that the Turbo has gone bust. They fit a turbo from another Linea and it worked fine. The diagnosis is that the valve does not shut/open.

If the valve is problematic, then I have a serious issue with the quality Fiat is offering. A turbo going bust on a 70,000 KMS car is not acceptable to me!

I am off to my FNG to get a second opinion. Right now I can either replace the turbo for INR 50k, or get it fixed.

Just when I was beginning to go ga-ga over long term reliability...
Old 6th November 2015, 11:40   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Turbo went bust soon after you got the car back from routine service. Does it not sound fishy?

Anyway there are good turbo rebuilding centers in every city which refurbish the turbo with new set of gaskets and O rings . They use a proper repair kit specific to each turbo which contains all the parts to be replaced . All for less than 5K bucks. Would be worth a shot before going for a new turbo!

A turbo from a Totalled/written off Linea could be your second option
Old 6th November 2015, 17:41   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Turbo went bust soon after you got the car back from routine service.
I concur with Sagar. The whole place smells of dead putrid fish. Turbo's do go bust at about 70,000(rarely though) if driven real hard and not shutting down after a 30 second idle or slow driving for a minute or more. Make sure the turbo you have in your car is actually yours.

Another manufacturers authorized service center In Kochi, had a modus operandi of removing your original working part and fixing a defective part in lieu of it and then claiming to rectify your vehicle by selling you the original part that came with your vehicle in the first place. The service center had to shut shop fortunately and does not service any automobile but the thieving workers have been absorbed by other manufacturers. Its because of this that I give my vehicle in for just fluid change and nothing else and guess what I have traveled 1,39,900km with all original parts intact except brake pads, tires, caliper pins and wiper blades. The clutch plate too is the original one that came with the car. The less you let their greasy hands touch your babe the more faithfully she will serve you.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 6th November 2015 at 17:44.
Old 7th December 2015, 22:01   #42
BHPian

And it is bad news. The Turbo is bust. I had the car inspected at a FNG, and they diagnosed the same issue. I got the turbo rebuilt but I am not very happy with the performance. The punch that the original Turbo had is missing. I will make a trip to the FNG again to get this checked. Any tips on what I should be looking for?

On a related note, I am wondering what could have led to the Turbo going bust so early in its life? I rarely drive past the 3000 RPM mark, let alone red line the car. I follow the 30 second idling rule. Could bad fuel have led to this issue?

I have been thinking if this was foul play by the service center; but then, what do they gain out of it? A turbo which has been used for 70,000 KMS is hardly worth anything for them. Surely I wasn't going to let them touch the car even if it had to be replaced. Why then would they go through the pain of swapping the Turbo?

There are many questions; and I have answers to none

Lastly, are there any recommended Turbo gurus in Mumbai that I can consult with or have the car shown to them?

From,

A very very sad Turboholic!!

Last edited by iceman7 : 7th December 2015 at 22:05.
Old 8th December 2015, 00:45   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Lastly, are there any recommended Turbo gurus in Mumbai that I can consult with or have the car shown to them?
Look at the below links:

These guys manufacture Turbo's and have a wide range of application and are used by many OEM's (Application Catalogue). I have put the link to their ASC in Mumbai which will be easy for you to contact and get it inspected.

TEL

TEL Catalogue

TEL - ASC

If you have the budget get a new turbo for your car from them.

Last edited by a4anurag : 8th December 2015 at 01:04. Reason: Removed the costing part
Old 10th September 2017, 00:34   #44
BHPian

Guys there is this issue I am facing with my Punto Evo 90 hp (2015), 43k run for the past 1 week. At cold starts (ie the first time I start the car in the day) the engine misfires/stutters/hesitates between 1500-2000 rpms specially in 2nd gear. Once the temperature needle comes in the middle ie the engine reaches optimum temperature the misfiring goes away. The turbo seems to work well above 2k rpms as usual. Has anyone felt this?

I feel it's either the injectors are clogged (which seems unlikely as the car has run only 43k kms) or the MAF sensor has gone dirty or both.

Looking for pointers.

Last edited by Waspune : 10th September 2017 at 00:35. Reason: Corrected the spelling
Old 17th July 2023, 14:41   #45
BHPian

Hello BHPians,
Sorry to wake up an old thread. I faced the 2nd gear power loss issue in my Punto 75hp MJD, 2 times today and came across this thread upon a quick Google search.
The FNG which does the usual servicing of my car hasn't been able to replicate the issue. Can someone please share what the final solution was? Should I suspect the MAF sensor or the EGR valve or the turbo ?
I do a lot of late night highway trips and need to find a solution ASAP. Please help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks