Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2011, 16:20   #31
BHPian

Re: Softer suspension for my Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Is there any specific recommendation on when to change these rubber bushes? Also, which MASS do you go?
Sorry Iam not sure about the recommendation. It depends on the abuse the shocks take I guess. Because 25000 kms is not too much! And RNS Motors Bommanahalli where I did my routine 20k service did NOT change these bushes (May be we need to complain about the issue for them to do it!!).

This mechanic is a friend of mine who runs a small M.A.S.S called Green cars in Koramangala. I just told him my issue and that Iam planning to sell it off just bcoz of this. He was pretty confident that replacing the bush would do the job and he was spot on!

I dont think you specifically need to go to that service center. If you feel that your Swift is picking up even small boulders on the road and even on normal roads she is shaking like an elephant, then its time to change the bushes. And unfortunately I lost the bill so I donno the exact part replaced (generally he said rubber BUSHES holding the shocks replaced plus greasing). Will update the details after I talk with that Mechanic again.

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 10th December 2011 at 16:22.
Old 11th December 2011, 09:37   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
I donno the exact part replaced (generally he said rubber BUSHES holding the shocks replaced plus greasing). Will update the details after I talk with that Mechanic again.
Thanks Sam for the information.
I don't have any such issues with my car now, just wanted to check if there was any recommendation on this. Let us know if you get the exact part name that was replaced.
Old 24th July 2012, 19:17   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
New Gen struts on old gen car - will they fit?

Not sure if the the struts from the new generation swift will fit on old generation.

If the fit is same then it will definitely make your car softer, as the new gen swift is softer than the previous one.
Old 24th July 2012, 19:41   #34
BHPian

Suggest you to check the suspension from MASS. My friend's Swift MJD 2009 model had some issue with front suspension long time back which was repaired under warranty.

Playing around with suspension (especially unknown setups) may not work out to the results you expect.

195/70R14 Michelin XM1+/XM2 with 29psi in front & 27 psi in rear is worth trying. Pls check availability. Guess Yoko C Drives are also available in that size. Will be cheaper.
Old 18th August 2012, 20:24   #35
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
UPDATE:

I took the car to a known mechanic. After a thorough inspection he came back and told me that the rubber bushes went 'hard' due to real bad roads through which I was driving most of these 25000 kms. I wasnt convinced initially since I couldn't really digest the point that rubber bushes could affect suspension!!! Anyways I told him to go ahead with the rubber bush change and also do a regular service. Total cost Rs.2000.

And the result - TREMENDOUS! uh
And I test drove the new Swift - And my finding is - ITS ALL THE SAME!
urgent, please do me a favor, is there any way to find out and tell me which all bushings were changed? was it just control arm and stablizer bushing or anything else too? also did they change anything in rear or only the front?
Old 5th January 2014, 10:39   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
urgent, please do me a favor, is there any way to find out and tell me which all bushings were changed? was it just control arm and stablizer bushing or anything else too? also did they change anything in rear or only the front?
I think its the strut bushes which are changed. They are the one's who provide cushioning and shocks from being transmitted to the passenger compartment through the apron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Suggest you to check the suspension from MASS. My friend's Swift MJD 2009 model had some issue with front suspension long time back which was repaired under warranty.

Playing around with suspension (especially unknown setups) may not work out to the results you expect.

195/70R14 Michelin XM1+/XM2 with 29psi in front & 27 psi in rear is worth trying. Pls check availability. Guess Yoko C Drives are also available in that size. Will be cheaper.
If with 195's, you try 29PSI in the front as tyre pressure, your steering will be rock hard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks