Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2006, 13:19   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
It definitely could be faulty but imagine driving on the Expressway at 150+ and suddenly you start gettin these displays on ur screens. Can cause heart failures
Didnt this happen to ported_head when driving on the expressway in a C-class?

cya
R
Old 15th March 2006, 14:19   #17
BHPian

Electronic Glitches are common with each and ever new car coming out of Germany. You wouldn't believe the number of horror stories I've read from M5 owners of the E60 and regular BMW's. Everyone is complaining of horrendous oil measurement from BMW's new oil sensor which goes up and down within seconds which can be harmful if you don't get a correct reading for the V10. Then you have the transmission failure which is actually just an electronic glitch!!!
Mercedes have gone terribly wrong with their brake-by-wire system which is the #1 problem in the world. They've just realised this and now gone to the old way. Even the Porsche, used to irritate by just randomly showing that the passenger seatbelt is off. Even a simple restart would sometimes get rid of the glitch.

IMO, thats the price you pay for wanting an technologically advanced car. If you want decent looks/performance with great comfort and great reliability then your just better off buying a Lexus. You can't really ask for everything in ONE car. Germans will NEVER have complete technological reliability since they're the only ones willing to advance their cars, while Japanese/rest try to take the safe route and addin advances after maybe 2-3 years once theyve been tested. Of course this doesnt apply to all japanese cars but just generally.

BMW has advanced the competition for SUV (X5), small sports car (M3), 4 door supercar defeating saloon (M5) that such glitches are always accepted.

BUT, glitches on your first car are quite unnacceptable. Just hope nothing major is wrong and this car can have its quirks. My one a half year old C200K has absolutely no glitches upto now and has gone about 25k, so just hope for the best.
Old 15th March 2006, 14:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Guess, any issues with the M yet?

No offence, but I thought the 4 door supercar-beating saloon tag was also shared by the Evo and the Scooby!
Old 15th March 2006, 14:45   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Guess, any issues with the M yet?

No offence, but I thought the 4 door supercar-beating saloon tag was also shared by the Evo and the Scooby!
No electronic ones yet luckily.

Yes it is, but those are NOT useable everyday. This car had leather, comfort, dvd screen, and how many evos/scoobys have been acclaimed as a Ferrari beater in sooo many magzines/car shows.
Old 16th March 2006, 11:30   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
probably you could get another new c class at a cheaper rate from autohangar for this fault
Zklasse, I dont know if you are aware but neither me nor Auto Hangar appear to be lacking in the crucial grey matter that is biologically required to take such decisions. When there is ignorance about the depth of a previous case, it is best to stay away rather than make unnecessary comments.

The SRS malfunction was due to a faulty sensor which was replaced by Auto Hangar immediately.

GTO
Old 16th March 2006, 11:35   #21
Team-BHP Support

Thats good you got prompt service. I hope its a one off. On a slightly related note, will you look elsewhere when you go for a new car?
Old 16th March 2006, 12:19   #22
BHPian

Just to add : It seems the mercedes-benz india website it down. India does not seem to picture in the DC AsiaPac page??
Old 16th March 2006, 12:22   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

TSK - I wouldnt ever go to anyone but Auto Hangar for my Mercedes requirements. Being an extremely anal customer, and having interacted with them for 3 years, read here what I have to say about them.

GTO
Old 16th March 2006, 12:34   #24
Team-BHP Support

Well what I meant to ask was that when you go for a new car, would you still return to mercedes, or prefer to look at other brands, since you will have more luxury brands to choose.(Made in India BMW or Made in Germany Merc to be precise )
Old 16th March 2006, 13:32   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

To be honest, I would wait and watch. I really want to use the C for another 20,000 kms to gauge reliability (after my previous experience). And I hate Bangles designs.

But hey theres always W124s/126s/140s available, right?

GTO
Old 16th March 2006, 14:32   #26
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
Can cause heart failures
and they say airbags are safety devices!!!
Old 16th March 2006, 20:41   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
When there is ignorance about the depth of a previous case, it is best to stay away rather than make unnecessary comments.
GTO
If you say so I do not want to argue. It was supposed to be a joke.. Not to be taken seriously. Any which ways did not mean to offend, if there was anything to be offended in what I said.
Old 17th March 2006, 07:17   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
I wonder why European car makers have not been able to solve the electronic and electrical issues for so many years. They know the problem so whats stopping them from solving it? Maybe the amount of electronics going into cars is too much for them to handle!
Concentrating more on quantity rather than quality might well be the cause of failure here.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th March 2006 at 07:21.
Old 3rd April 2006, 22:27   #29
BHPian

an update !

Arite , now the last time i posted , i was whining and moaning about all the problems i was having with my c200 cdi and then i disapeared for a bit. the reason being ... u guessed it ! My car died again. Now i thought i havent driven it for a while (4 days) and the batterys dead , which like ive said has happened before. So i got the battery out, sent it for a quick recharge and stuck it back in and still no cigar. Now heres the biggest mistake i ever made. I presumed my battery was dead and ordered a brand now one.
had it installed and guess what , still nothing , but this time the battery guys written my name down on the warranty card and says it isnt transferable and he cant take it back either. so yeah imm now stuck with a brand new panasonic battery.
So i call autohangar over and have them check it out. the dude spends the better half of the morning and afternoon pouring over my fuse box and diagrams and still cant get it working. he finally gives up and says the car has to be towed. now this i wasnt willing to do until i knew for sure what was wrong and it couldnt be fixed at my place for sure.
So i call someone i know at auto hanger and manage to get him bring the diagnostic computer to check it out. And within five minutes figures out its a burnt out fuse , replaces it and it fires up in an instant with my old battery at that too.
Now the worst part of this whole fiasco is that imm straddled with a brand new battery which the guy refuses to take back.
any takers ?

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th April 2006 at 05:31.
Old 4th April 2006, 05:31   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikN
And within five minutes figures out its a burnt out fuse , replaces it and it fires up in an instant
2nd oldest trick in the book. (1st being a dead battery)
However, its HIGHLY unlikely that wherever you sent your battery to get charged will send you back your battery if it didnt charge, since they will try to sell you a new battery themselves!

Quote:
imm straddled with a brand new battery which the guy refuses to take back. any takers ?
Thats what we have the marketplace section for.

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks