Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2006, 17:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
err..just wanted to clear up the steering wheel part; NO, you don't have to turn the steering wheel more- only more effort is required. that's because the steering wheel rotates the steering shaft, and ONLY the number of turns of the shaft counts; therefore, fitting a smaller steering wheel actually amplifies your inputs, and you have to turn a smaller dia wheel to obtain the same turning angle. a simple example might be the go kart- imagine a kart with a small steering wheel and a large one; the turning angle remains the same- only the radius and turning distance of the wheels change (if, say, the OHC turns lock to lock with 2.7 turns of the stock steering wheel, it'll remain 2.7 turns even with the momo wheel....).

s0uljah- fit one only if the santro is your second/optional ride. fitting one on your daily drive could get tiring; although it feels great in the city, trust me, you might not feel the same on the highway...
Thanks Point noted
Old 18th March 2006, 17:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
err..just wanted to clear up the steering wheel part; NO, you don't have to turn the steering wheel more- only more effort is required. that's because the steering wheel rotates the steering shaft, and ONLY the number of turns of the shaft counts; therefore, fitting a smaller steering wheel actually amplifies your inputs, and you have to turn a smaller dia wheel to obtain the same turning angle. a simple example might be the go kart- imagine a kart with a small steering wheel and a large one; the turning angle remains the same- only the radius and turning distance of the wheels change (if, say, the OHC turns lock to lock with 2.7 turns of the stock steering wheel, it'll remain 2.7 turns even with the momo wheel....).

s0uljah- fit one only if the santro is your second/optional ride. fitting one on your daily drive could get tiring; although it feels great in the city, trust me, you might not feel the same on the highway...
Thanks veyron1,
Point noted
Old 27th May 2006, 17:53   #18
BHPian

Okay I have been searching for the alst one hour and this is the closest thread that i can get to which has some relevance to my query. Mods please move my post if it does not belong here.

I am planning to buy a sports steering for my alto, The dealer has quoted me 2200 for the steering and 700rs for the hub. Is it a good buy?

The steering looks something similar to this

[COLOR=#22229c]http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/30513.jpg[/COLOR]

Last edited by Knight Rider : 27th May 2006 at 18:01.
Old 27th May 2006, 19:37   #19
BHPian

Team,

Would really appreciate if someone could share their views about the same
Old 27th May 2006, 19:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
the wheel i'm certain must have one of the best there is, as the car belonged to the suraj motors guy who stocks this stuff for the accessory market.

Ah Suraj Motors.......Ok i know that guy, rishi right???? I have seen been in his car, its a OHC right with Earthquake system and logos all over the car???

Well, it is a fake copy costing 1.7k, had confirmed with Rishi some time back.
Old 15th August 2006, 12:31   #21

guys i own a zen,

can somebody throw some light on the momo steering. Im planning to get this from US. http://store.racinglab.com/momo-sw-pi235bk0.html

let me know what shud i keep in mind before i buy a steering wheel.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks