Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2012, 15:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Windshield vibration noise in Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
the society ethics as a whole have deteriorated to such a large degree for us to play as moral police in today's world.
Still, if we are starting a class in ethics on our beloved forum, let's do so with the incumbent Chief Minister of my dear state - UP...
We all can be our own moral police. If individually everyone sticks to ethics any group for that matter will be ethical.
The "incumbent" may not get to see our posts leave alone attend a class on ethics.

Last edited by rajeev k : 21st January 2012 at 15:17.
Old 21st January 2012, 22:52   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Irrespective of how society has developed (or otherwise) today, some people still have their ethics in place. Trust me.
+1 GTO.

-------------------------------

Now coming to the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget.fr View Post
I figured that it was coming from the windshield through a friend who pushed the windshield at the base outwards and the rattling went away.
Still, I believe its not a windshield rattling issue, as windshield is thoroughly seated in beading's and sealant, which will make NO noise, or rattling.

Please check the dash..
Old 22nd January 2012, 00:08   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanprash View Post
My cousin had a similar problem in his Scorpio. There was this keeech keeeech noise from the lower left part of the windshield. He broke the glass and got it replaced under insurance having little damage to his pocket.

Please note that after fixing the new windshield it is best to not use the car much. The windshield needs to seat ( I do not know the authenticity of this, but the guys at windshield experts told this ).
How different is this from say, receiving/giving bribes, child-labour and STEALING?

Not much, I'd say.

Now I know that I'm no one to give your cousin a lesson on being a good human being. But what goes around, comes around my friend. I hope your cousin knows that.

This is appalling to the core. How can our country prosper when individuals like this go to great lengths just to save some money? Oh wait, I'd just been to the 'Accidents in India' thread. So that would be a rhetorical question.

Sorry for going OT.
Old 8th February 2012, 16:45   #19
BANNED

Folks,

Thanks for helping me narrowing down the issue. In the end it doesn't seem to be the windshield. It's indeed the dashboard. It's easy to stop the noise by just pressing the dashboard at a couple of points (one of which is closer to the windshield).

Even though it's a minor niggle and most people don't care for such things, I really want to get this fixed and need your guidance.

I can show it to Ford A.S.S. again, but I don't have any hopes that they will rectify it effectively. They already fiddled with the dashboard and that didn't help.

Any place in Hyderabad that you recommend? Do you think it's worthwhile trying with some of the good car accessories shops? I'd imagine that they can handle things like doors etc very well but not dashboard. Please suggest.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks