Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2012, 12:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: i10 Trip display resets from Tripmeter to Odometer on restart

Hi guys,

This could possibly be a feature but definitely a feature that is not working like it is supossed to. I have a Polo 1.6 and in this case also the trip meter resets.....but only if the car is left idle for 08 hours or more.

In the cases above, some trip meters are resetting randomly or after 05 minutes which doesn't seem normal.
Old 6th September 2012, 12:38   #17
BHPian

I have an i10 Asta automatic Jan 2011 model.

I use tripmeter A to record KMs run between refueling, and B to record the monthly run. Whenever I switch off the engine and re-start, the odometer comes on. However, if I then switch to tripmeter A or B, it shows the KM run since the last time I re-set it to zero, i.e. the last fuel stop or the 1st day of the current month.

I find this perfectly normal. After all, I don't need to see the KM run on a daily basis between fuel stops or the middle of the month !
Old 6th September 2012, 13:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benu9714 View Post
After all, I don't need to see the KM run on a daily basis between fuel stops or the middle of the month !
Let me try to explain with slightly exaggerated example. Imagine driving in Delhi and trying to use the directions from a google map. It will give directions in 0.1 kms unit, and in the traffic you are supposed to switch off car at every signal. Then you would keep pressing the button every 5-10 mins, or waste petrol by not switching off the car.

Similarly imagine driving long distance, once you forget to reset the meter to trip meter after a break, you might mistakenly drive all over wrong place.

Simply its stressful to keep in mind about setting the trip meter on, if one seriously uses it.

@Epic: My Alto and 2010 i10 never reset to odometer, you might want to get your car checked.

Thanks.
Old 6th September 2012, 14:18   #19
BHPian

^^ Jjits: Your example completely beats the meaning of a 'Trip' doesnt it ? On a trip i would expect the trip meter to be reset just once when is start my trip and check it only once i end to understand the kms i drove. We also usually use the same for checking the FE or monthly, daily runs.

Also with Google maps the focus is mainly on your current location measured by GPS and not by the Kms mentioned. Atleast for India, i have found inaccuracies in most of the distances showed by google maps.

Last edited by dar3dev|l : 6th September 2012 at 14:20.
Old 6th September 2012, 15:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
^^ Jjits: Your example completely beats the meaning of a 'Trip' doesnt it ? On a trip i would expect the trip meter to be reset just once when is start my trip and check it only once i end to understand the kms i drove. We also usually use the same for checking the FE or monthly, daily runs.
By reset i meant display reset to odometer/trip meter, not reading reset to 0.

I don't need trip meter for checking FE, a small app like aCar in my android will do the job. But, I am not okay pressing button 5 times or after every break, in 1 trip to Bangalore, to know how far I am, thats the purpose of trip meter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks