Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2012, 08:00   #1
BHPian

i10 Trip display resets from Tripmeter to Odometer on restart

Hi Guys,

I have bought my i10 in Dec 2011, mfg of Nov 2011. From the day 1 I have observed that the tripmeter is not sticky, i.e. after setting to trip a or trip b, if i stop the car for 5 minutes or more the tripmeter will change to ODOmeter on start.

This problem is not there in my friend's i10 bought in 2010. The service team and the Hyundai local customer relationship tells me this is the "new design".

I have been writing to Hyundai for over three months now and there is almost nil response from them. My second service is due this month, and I am considering not accepting the car after service till this problem is resolved. Is that safe?

Can someone please guide me how to take this matter up further with Hyundai?

Thanks,
Jitendra
Old 7th June 2012, 08:56   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: i10 Tripmeter resetting to ODOmeter on restart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jits_1998 View Post
Hi Guys,

I have bought my i10 in Dec 2011, mfg of Nov 2011. From the day 1 I have observed that the tripmeter is not sticky, i.e. after setting to trip a or trip b, if i stop the car for 5 minutes or more the tripmeter will change to ODOmeter on start.
Looks like some software error. See if you can take it to some other A.S.S. who display some maturity while diagnosing the problem.

I'm not sure if this would work but try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

Quote:
The service team and the Hyundai local customer relationship tells me this is the "new design".
This is by far the silliest excuse ever!
Old 7th June 2012, 10:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The service team and the Hyundai local customer relationship tells me this is the "new design".
Send a E-mail to Hyundai about this super cool "new design" which they might be unaware of. Your car is in warranty, get it checked from some other SVC, it's a software issue as pointed by libranof1987.

But do shoot a email to Hyundai about this. They will help you.
Old 7th June 2012, 10:24   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Send a E-mail to Hyundai about this super cool "new design" which they might be unaware of. Your car is in warranty, get it checked from some other SVC, it's a software issue as pointed by libranof1987.

But do shoot a email to Hyundai about this. They will help you.
I have been speaking to one Mr. Krishnan from Hyundai over last 3 months. This is the reply I have got from them today:

"The trip odometer and the function in your vehicle is the part of the vehicle's feature and there is no maufacturing defect in the said odometer part. In this case please do not comapre with any other vehicle's features. And further we cannot ammend or refit other design clusters related to odometer in the vehicle."

I don't know what to do.
Old 7th June 2012, 10:29   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
"The trip odometer and the function in your vehicle is the part of the vehicle's feature and there is no maufacturing defect in the said odometer part. In this case please do not comapre with any other vehicle's features. And further we cannot ammend or refit other design clusters related to odometer in the vehicle."
This is an inexplicably unprofessional reply!

Btw, did you check with cars from the same vintage?

If they display the same behaviour, I'd be extremely amused!
Old 7th June 2012, 10:48   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Btw, did you check with cars from the same vintage?
According to them this is the "new design" in all i10 and i20 models since 2011.

Wondering why on earth I shifted from Maruti to Hyundai!

I am considering taking the matter with consumer court for faulty product.

-Jitendra
Old 7th June 2012, 11:01   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

This problem is not there in my friend's i10 bought in 2010. The service team and the Hyundai local customer relationship tells me this is the "new design".

I have been writing to Hyundai for over three months now and there is almost nil response from them. My second service is due this month, and I am considering not accepting the car after service till this problem is resolved. Is that safe?

Can someone please guide me how to take this matter up further with Hyundai?

Thanks,
Jitendra
Dear Sir,

Now that you spoke of it, I checked and realised that i am having a similar problem. But the odometer in my case does not reset each time. It resets randomly. Mine's a 2009 i10 Magna.

I can say this because I clearly remember that I have not reset the odometer over the last two months.

I just checked, both trip meters show some 400 odd kms while my daily drive is around 35 kms.

Looks like my A>S>S centre needs some explaining to do!

Cheers!!
Old 7th June 2012, 11:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplang1 View Post
Dear Sir,

I can say this because I clearly remember that I have not reset the odometer over the last two months.

I just checked, both trip meters show some 400 odd kms while my daily drive is around 35 kms.
This might be due to rotation after 999, the trip meter will record only upto 999, after that it will round up to zero.

My problem is new to model 2011 onwards.

Thanks,
Jitendra
jits_1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 15:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Reply from Hyundai sounds similar to 'It's a feature not a bug'.
Does this happen on recently launched vehicles from other brands?

OP: Can thread title be changed to 'i10 Odo/Trip display resets from Tripmeter to Odometer on restart'?

Current thread title lead me to believe that tripmeter display shows Odometer reading as trip reading on restart and I was like 'how can it display more than 3 digits?'.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 22:53   #10

I do not recollect having any issues with my car's tripmeter . Trip A and B works as it should and doesn't get reset until I press the button. I own i10 Magna 2008 model (iRDE) . If it's new design , looks wierd!!
Shivubs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 18:28   #11
BHPian

Re: i10 Trip display resets from Tripmeter to Odometer on restart

After a busy 3 month period on personal side, I have taken the matter up with Hyundai again. And guess what? Customer service manager Hyderabad tells me "We are waiting on feedback from Hyundai".

I have taken up the matter with Akosha, lets see.
Old 6th September 2012, 09:17   #12
BHPian

I own the next gen i10 and the trip meter seems normal to me !

- set the Trip Meter A to 0 (use it for calculating FE)
- drive the car around (without stopping) - it displays the Trip Meter A reading
- stop the car, power it off
- start the car, ODO reading comes up
- push the button to Trip Meter A

Even if i do not switch back to Trip Meter A and continue driving with ODO reading on, the trip meter still continues to tick in the background. So during my next fill all i do is push the stick to Trip Meter A and get the reading !

Now, isnt that normal ?
Old 6th September 2012, 09:32   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Jitendra
Jitendra, I just got hold of my i10-AT, but the trip meter is normal. I had run around 50km since yesterday and it is showing it in both trip meters, A and B. The car is switched off since yesterday and I just checked now. I think it has to do something specifically with your car. I remember reading something called a memory fuse in the car manual.

Regards
Old 6th September 2012, 12:24   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
- stop the car, power it off
- start the car, ODO reading comes up
Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
Now, isnt that normal ?
[/quote]

Nops, thats not normal. The Tripmeter should come up after restart, not odometer. Thats the way it is in all cars except i10 and i20 of 2011 or later.

Thanks.
Old 6th September 2012, 12:27   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
I think it has to do something specifically with your car.
Please follow the steps by daredevil and see if it works as he has described. If it doesn't then I am after Hyundai's pants, if it does, then join me :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks