Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2012, 11:58   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda Refusing To Honour Warranty. What To Do?

Agree with what coolboy has to say. Honda has every right to not honor their warranty as per their clause. I suggest you take up the matter with the works manager at the service center and persuade (request/butter) him to get it changed under warranty. Having a good cordial relationship with the ASC guys will always help during these times.
Old 21st June 2012, 12:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

My cousin's civic had the same steering lock not working problem. The car did not have extended warranty, so we had to pay for it from our pocket. However, the SA told us that it would have been covered under extended warranty. He also added that its a rare problem with civic, but a very common one on city.

more details up here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2734836

Although, Honda can deny warranty because you missed service, it would have been good on their part to replace a component thats not related to service in any way under warranty.

Honda, doesnt have GSM servers, try and contact some other service center which doesnt have any service records of yours, they may be of help?

In between, most Honda service centers arent very keen on attending warranty claims, whats with my cousin's civic consuming over 1 litre of oil in 5k kms from day one and Honda service centers did nothing..
Old 21st June 2012, 12:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

All the Honda City ZX's in my family have plaqued with this problem.

Thankfully with all of them the entire Lock Set was replaced by Pinnacle Honda under warranty.
Another problem with the City ZX are the Rear Bearing wearing out between 75-90K Kms.
Old 21st June 2012, 12:59   #19
BHPian

@cityvic

Rear wheel bearing wearing out by 75-90k is a proper life of the bearing in my opinion.
so it cannot be termed as a plagued problem.
Old 21st June 2012, 14:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkunaldas View Post
i have informed honda HQ's thru their website.

i want to know what is a better strategy?
1. pay them the amount --> take car delivery --> negiotiate with them latter if they do not process the claim, or if they accept the claim, take chq for the amount.
2. Wait for the company to respond and keep the car in the dealership premises till the claim is accepted / rejected.
3. can i ask for a written submission of the claim (by the dealer - Ace Honda)and rejection of claim (by HONDA SIEL). will the dealer / manufacturer be willing / made to will to share this information to the customer. has dealer any grounds to refuse?
kunal
I advise you to adopt the third strategy. You, first of all, ask them for a written claim if they agree for doing so! No, the dealer can not have any grounds to refuse you. If he does so, then you must take a strong action against them!

S@ndy
Old 21st June 2012, 17:11   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@cityvic

Rear wheel bearing wearing out by 75-90k is a proper life of the bearing in my opinion.
My city zx rear wheel bearing has worn out @ 30K. What would be your opinion now?
Old 21st June 2012, 17:13   #22
BHPian

@sha09mel

can be a plagued problem but a wheel bearing conking off after 75-90k is a healthy life for the bearing.

30k is downright stupid life.
Old 23rd June 2012, 00:01   #23
BHPian

Guys,
Bad news. Honda is refusing to budge, not willing to honour the extended warranty. I have written to customer relation email to honda, but no response. only response is from Honda 1to1, which only answered by call center guys, and it is not possible to connect or talk to any senior manager.
Old 23rd June 2012, 11:15   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i have informed honda HQ's thru their website.

i want to know what is a better strategy?
1. pay them the amount --> take car delivery --> negiotiate with them latter if they do not process the claim, or if they accept the claim, take chq for the amount.
2. Wait for the company to respond and keep the car in the dealership premises till the claim is accepted / rejected.
3. can i ask for a written submission of the claim (by the dealer - Ace Honda)and rejection of claim (by HONDA SIEL). will the dealer / manufacturer be willing / made to will to share this information to the customer. has dealer any grounds to refuse?
kunal
Sorry to hear about your experience and the inconveniences that you are facing. Let me share that as an ex-Honda owner, my Honda City Type II car was sold off many years ago, I have not been happy with their attitude towards customer satisfaction.

I have a basic question about the extended warranty - does it actually cover the steering lock/ignition lock assembly? This is an electrical part. Does it mention the coverage of electrical parts explicitly? As far as I know extended warranties covers the only the drive train - engine and transmission. After all, they together form the most expensive part of the car and the part(s) that merit extended warranty coverage.

I may be wrong as I haven't seen the Honda warranty T&C. You may want to read the fine print in the warranty including the # of services (and frequency) to be performed to keep the warranty valid.

Since you would need your car for a daily commute and other travel, (assuming you don't have a 2nd car), it would be better to get this fixed. Keeping the car at the dealer is NOT a good idea. I have seen cars being treated shabbily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha09mel View Post
My city zx rear wheel bearing has worn out @ 30K. What would be your opinion now?
I had the same experience with my OHC Type II. The front bearings were making a low rumbling noise, alignment would go off frequently. They were finally replaced @ 20K kms..yes, that's not a typo, 20K kms. Not impressed with the quality.

Last edited by R2D2 : 23rd June 2012 at 11:16.
Old 24th June 2012, 01:32   #25
BHPian

UPDATE
after many calls to honda one 2 one, i finally had a talk with someone from Honda siel, and was offered 50% off on the part cost, which i accepted. will take the car delivery tomorrow. finger crossed.
Old 25th June 2012, 22:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE
after many calls to honda one 2 one, i finally had a talk with someone from Honda siel, and was offered 50% off on the part cost, which i accepted. will take the car delivery tomorrow. finger crossed.
Sorry to hear that you have to shell out from your pocket, for a part/issue which may be related to the latest service. IMO, once you have taken the car from the dealership. Use social media to raise your concern with Honda.
Old 25th June 2012, 23:00   #27
Team-BHP Support

Day light robbery. It's not a part that fails coz of lack of service , on the other hand a critical part that should not fail in the first place! Usual high handednes from Honda.
Old 25th June 2012, 23:33   #28
Team-BHP Support

So since the part failed due to service not being done on time, Honda must have mentioned in their service check list that the steering lock needs to be inspected at 40K service. The service technicians carry a check list and have it marked.

If this is not mentioned in the Honda check list then how will the service getting missed result in part failing?

Just a lame excuse from Honda I feel.
Old 28th June 2012, 12:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@cityvic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha09mel View Post
Jatin,so how come the Honda City Type 1/2 didnt have the bearing problem?
Why is it only with the City ZX that too only the 10th Anniversary Editions?

Sha09mel have replied to your post in another thread on the Bearing Issue.
Old 28th June 2012, 14:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that you are getting 50%. The fact that Honda agreed to that goes on to show that they dont have a case. Ideally Honda should have covered the entire item in warranty since servicing has nothing to do with this item unless its pointed out in service manual somewhere.

Its unfortunate that you cant do much more without going into too much trouble of complaints, consumer courts and not getting your car fixed for a longer duration which would be the biggest inconvenience in itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks