Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2012, 08:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Restoration of my Premier Padmini

I am really happy to see your Padmini back to ship shape. The choice of color is good, haven't seen any in this shade. Please do share some interior pics too.
I really like those white front park light lenses, adds classic character to the looks. I need a couple of sets badly, can you help me with that?
BTW Few points i would like to mention,

- as Karthik bhai rightly suggested a little bit of tidying up in engine bay will enhance the looks.
- is your car running with a electronic fuel pump? I can't locate the fuel filter in your car hence asked.
- it seems the car's fitted with mix of radial tyres at front & cross ply ones at rear. I think its not advisable to use this combination. Well gurus can shed more light on it.

Hope to see you & your MVM attending Fiat meets in future

Last edited by samsag12 : 1st October 2012 at 08:36.
samsag12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 16:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations buddy, really good paint job it is.
Hope you replace the cross-plies soon.

You must be having a Cross-plie stephney as well i guess.

My car was a daily ( Weekend ) runner and it had 155R14 at front and 165R14 at back, both bridgestone, but had a brand new MRF cross ply stephney, thankfully never had to use it.

Do invite us for a Padmini meet whenever it is happening.
Interiors, where are the pics ?

Last edited by silverado : 14th October 2012 at 16:44.
Old 14th October 2012, 16:59   #33
BHPian

How I wish Overhaulin was in India. Its so easy to get our cars refurbished with us. They do a very good job restoring old cars with which our emotions are attached.
Old 15th October 2012, 18:48   #34
BHPian

Sorry folks,

Been busy lately. Just couldn't get much time for interior pictures. Yesterday night took a few, but will take some more clear ones in day light.

The damage to pocket is about 52-53k. The only mechanicals replaced being carb & exhaust/muffler. Still some areas to work on - rightly said by some of you - like engine bay, uniformity of tires, set of new seat covers, etc. Will do all of this in bits & pieces as per the availability of time and vitamin m. If any of you want to see the car in person you are most welcome. Send me a pm and we will meet.

@samsag12: send me your address through pm, I will send you a set.
@silverado: will inform you as & when that happens.

Guys, I need a help. Do I need to inform the RTO about the change in colour. Anyways I have to visit them before December for renewal for next 5 years.

thanks,
altoman
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration of my Premier Padmini-dsc01896.jpg  

Restoration of my Premier Padmini-dsc01903.jpg  

Restoration of my Premier Padmini-dsc01908.jpg  

Restoration of my Premier Padmini-dsc01911.jpg  

Restoration of my Premier Padmini-dsc01917.jpg  

Restoration of my Premier Padmini-dsc01918.jpg  

Last edited by altoman : 15th October 2012 at 18:55. Reason: RTO query added
altoman is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 15:15   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoman View Post
Will do all of this in bits & pieces as per the availability of time and vitamin m.

thanks,
altoman
Good job Altoman, nd nice choice of colour. Try to get the tyres white-walled. It will look good. White-walled tyres go superb with classics. Here's my Padmini S1. The white-wall tyres are a DIY. Did it with Asian Paints Weather-Proof . Its lasting so far. Else you can buy white-wall tyre inserts.

Feel free to PM me if you need some parts. There are a couple of shops at Kochi where the parts and spares are available.
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration of my Premier Padmini-whitewall-072.jpg  

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 16th October 2012 at 15:24. Reason: Adding the last line.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 15:36   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Good job Altoman, nd nice choice of colour. Try to get the tyres white-walled. It will look good. White-walled tyres go superb with classics. Here's my Padmini S1. The white-wall tyres are a DIY. Did it with Asian Paints Weather-Proof . Its lasting so far. Else you can buy white-wall tyre inserts.

Feel free to PM me if you need some parts. There are a couple of shops at Kochi where the parts and spares are available.
That sure looks awesome, DudeWithaFiat! But how come the paint never cracked or peeled with the flex of the tires?
Old 23rd October 2012, 02:12   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoman View Post
Sorry folks,

Been busy lately. Just couldn't get much time for interior pictures. Yesterday night took a few, but will take some more clear ones in day light.

The damage to pocket is about 52-53k. The only mechanicals replaced being carb & exhaust/muffler. Still some areas to work on - rightly said by some of you - like engine bay, uniformity of tires, set of new seat covers, etc. Will do all of this in bits & pieces as per the availability of time and vitamin m. If any of you want to see the car in person you are most welcome. Send me a pm and we will meet.

@samsag12: send me your address through pm, I will send you a set.
@silverado: will inform you as & when that happens.

Guys, I need a help. Do I need to inform the RTO about the change in colour. Anyways I have to visit them before December for renewal for next 5 years.

thanks,
altoman
Hi,

Thats a nice looking Fiat you have there.. You have done a great job rescuing the car from neglect and bring back to brand new condition. I am sure your father is proud of you for bringing back his first car to life..

Priyadarshan
Old 23rd November 2013, 16:26   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
That sure looks awesome, DudeWithaFiat! But how come the paint never cracked or peeled with the flex of the tires?
Sorry for the late reply. I did track, but only after I did a 120km drive. It held itself well for a long time when the Padmini used to run only 10-15 kms when I take her out.
Old 26th March 2015, 14:11   #39

Its great to see a padmini in such a top shape,being a owner myself, great job. I really like the colour of the car.
Old 1st April 2021, 14:38   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post

Could you share the shops details where parts are available in Cochin?. Also it would be helpful if you could guide me to a good mechanic for repairs to my fiat.
Old 1st April 2021, 14:57   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote View Post
Could you share the shops details where parts are available in Cochin?. Also it would be helpful if you could guide me to a good mechanic for repairs to my fiat.
Its been a few years. One of the shops is not in business anymore I heard. The other one is spare parts shop named Premier Automobiles near Palarivattom. Their last known contact number is 94466 07824. I heard they still arrange parts.

For repairs, please PM BHPian Justin.Das, he is in Trivandrum itself and recently restored his Fiat. His mechanic may help you.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks