Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2013, 16:09   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Project Starts : Contessa Classic Restoration

Great Job Twinhead! The good thing is that you have restored to the factory specs, I guess. Even if you have added something on your own here & there a little, that's done & blended perfectly. It is very easy to get carried away during the restoration process, which might end up going a little overboard.

Will look forward to the interior pictures.

Regards,
Saket
Old 1st July 2013, 22:42   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinHead View Post
thank you all. have managed to source a complete new set of glasses and fixed them too
Hello Twinhead, was really impressed by the beautiful restoration of your car. A friend of mine is restoring a Contessa and is looking for both front and rear windscreens, all 4 windows and outside rear view mirrors. Can you help in sourcing them?
Old 8th July 2013, 10:38   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Great Job Twinhead! The good thing is that you have restored to the factory specs, I guess. Even if you have added something on your own here & there a little, that's done & blended perfectly. It is very easy to get carried away during the restoration process, which might end up going a little overboard.

Will look forward to the interior pictures.

Regards,
Saket
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddd View Post
Hello Twinhead, was really impressed by the beautiful restoration of your car. A friend of mine is restoring a Contessa and is looking for both front and rear windscreens, all 4 windows and outside rear view mirrors. Can you help in sourcing them?
Thank you Saket, you are rite i did get a lot of ideas from my friends to restore the car to look like a mustang but i dint go in that direction as i love the way the stock car looks.

Thank you Siddd, yes surely i can help your friend sourcing a new set or worst case a good used one. Will PM you my number.
TwinHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 21:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

Dear Mate, Firstly i really appreciate the way the "muscle car" came off with the stock look. I would like to share a experience; My uncle Mr. Pandit has a car customization workshop here in delhi and he owned a contessa too which he modified very elegantly. He too kept the vehicle stock and did work on the interiors and had a metallic bluish-green color. He i guess sold it off later but befor that he tried stretching it and converted to a limo which was very nicely done. Seeing these beauties I feel today's cars lack the strength and the scope of elegant modification to a certain extent. You really have justified the idiom in Hindi "Saadgi mei he khubsoorti hei" i.e True beauty lies in simplicity.

Regards

AD
ad3952n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 19:10   #35
BHPian

Twinhead, really like your vehicle. We also own a contessa 2.0DLX 1996 and due to neglect it has to be restored now. I am in the process of starting very soon. Wish to meet up with out vehicles once its ready.

Please do keep sharing details so that it would be helpful for both. Can you tell me if you did any anti rust treatment? Also if you can please share costs so that I know I am not spending a bomb. You can inbox me if you do not want to share details here.
av8er is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2013, 17:12   #36
BHPian

Quote:
I do not have any manual, but thanks for reminding me, my friend has one but petrol contessa manual which i need to collect from him soon
Did you already collect the manual from your friend? If so would be good if you can share it with all of us.
It does not matter to me if its Diesel or gasoline manual.

Can you also detail out the major work carried out on your conti.
The initial state looked really bad. Had to be a hard job for you to turn her into a dream limo.

-UB
Old 10th September 2013, 12:49   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8er View Post
Twinhead, really like your vehicle. We also own a contessa 2.0DLX 1996 and due to neglect it has to be restored now. I am in the process of starting very soon. Wish to meet up with out vehicles once its ready.

Please do keep sharing details so that it would be helpful for both. Can you tell me if you did any anti rust treatment? Also if you can please share costs so that I know I am not spending a bomb. You can inbox me if you do not want to share details here.
Antirust coating costed around 2.5K, PM your number will be more than happy to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Dear Mate, Firstly i really appreciate the way the "muscle car" came off with the stock look. I would like to share a experience; My uncle Mr. Pandit has a car customization workshop here in delhi and he owned a contessa too which he modified very elegantly. He too kept the vehicle stock and did work on the interiors and had a metallic bluish-green color. He i guess sold it off later but befor that he tried stretching it and converted to a limo which was very nicely done. Seeing these beauties I feel today's cars lack the strength and the scope of elegant modification to a certain extent. You really have justified the idiom in Hindi "Saadgi mei he khubsoorti hei" i.e True beauty lies in simplicity.

Regards

AD
Thank you for the kind words, appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
Did you already collect the manual from your friend? If so would be good if you can share it with all of us.
It does not matter to me if its Diesel or gasoline manual.

Can you also detail out the major work carried out on your conti.
The initial state looked really bad. Had to be a hard job for you to turn her into a dream limo.

-UB
Yes i have got the manual book from my friend, there are too many pages, so if you need anything particular i can scan and try to put it here.
Major work carried out i have explained in my earlier posts
Old 7th March 2014, 17:55   #38

Hello Folks, I'm keen on acquiring an HM Contessa for sale in Uttrakhand. I would like to know your inputs on the availability of spares and the kind of maintenance the car requires?
BTW Great work on the Contessa, Twinhead! Its good to keep the classics alive, never let them be forgotten!
Old 10th March 2014, 15:15   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijai_DAH8084 View Post
Hello Folks, I'm keen on acquiring an HM Contessa for sale in Uttrakhand. I would like to know your inputs on the availability of spares and the kind of maintenance the car requires?
BTW Great work on the Contessa, Twinhead! Its good to keep the classics alive, never let them be forgotten!
let me know the condition of the vehicle and i can tell you what spares needed with its availability. To be frankly spares are becoming very difficult to find and stay away from local makes which they claim as original.
TwinHead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 22:08   #40

Quote:
Antirust coating costed around 2.5K, PM your number will be more than happy to help you out.

Thank you for the kind words, appreciate it.

Yes i have got the manual book from my friend, there are too many pages, so if you need anything particular i can scan and try to put it here.
Major work carried out i have explained in my earlier posts
Hey, it's been a while and as more years pass it has been more difficult for us to find the manual. Could you please share the manual with us if you have? It would be a great help as it can be stored in digital format without deterioration.
Old 12th January 2023, 18:45   #41
BHPian

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with an exhaustive list of the parts on a Contessa that require regular replacement, eg bushes.?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks