Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2012, 22:05   #16
BHPian

Re: ECU Firmware Update from Tata for Safari 2.2 & Aria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameaa View Post
Hi Shams, i am sure you were talking to Narasimha. I too inquired yesterday and got the same reply.
Yes. I spoke to Narasimha about this. Also spoke to Mr. Veeresh as well. Both were not aware of any ECU updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Mine is the latest tata safari and still i faced this jerk issue. I knew about this update long back so immediately updated my ECU. The missing issue got resolved.

Now i would be more interested in Safari Storme ECU Maps

Amit, For the benefit of all, can you please let us know how can we approach our TASS for this update. Many TASS in Bangalore is not aware of this ECU remap / updates.
Old 20th October 2012, 22:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyank View Post
I checked with KHT Motors (as my safari was purchased from them) the service manager had no clue about this.
Called Concorde Motors Hosur road, spoke to Tulsi Service Manager, he said the vehicle will be taken to the vendor to do remapping. I asked who is this vendor he said TVS, someone from concorde will accompany me with the vehicle to TVS and remapping will be done free of cost.
Keyank, Request you to post your experience and procedure for this ECU remap. I wish you all the best for this exercise.
Old 21st October 2012, 00:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams_4x4 View Post
Amit, For the benefit of all, can you please let us know how can we approach our TASS for this update. Many TASS in Bangalore is not aware of this ECU remap / updates.
Its strange that they are not aware of the update. But here in pune every safari that is being serviced is flashed with the new ecu update.

It hardly takes 10 minutes.
Old 21st October 2012, 00:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Monday, I will also give call to KHT and would ask about this re-map. I am also suffering this jerk issue in my BS-IV Safari since beginning.

It would be great, if they know about this. Otherwise, I will write an email to Tata Customer care for information regarding this upgrade.
Old 23rd October 2012, 14:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyank View Post
I checked with KHT Motors (as my safari was purchased from them) the service manager had no clue about this.
Called Concorde Motors Hosur road, spoke to Tulsi Service Manager, he said the vehicle will be taken to the vendor to do remapping. I asked who is this vendor he said TVS, someone from concorde will accompany me with the vehicle to TVS and remapping will be done free of cost.
Thats something interesting . What I have seen and understand is the software (interaction OBD software ) is some called Tata Diagnostic Center . How can somebody from TVS use a Tata specific software , moreover how do they source it ? Would Tata instead of providing it to its service center provide it to a TVS so called vendor TVS .

BTW, Did you get the update done ?

On the performance part , well the remap has surely cured the jerk problem to a great extent . have driven the vehicle almost 400 + kms till now . The FE till now seems to be on same levels (yet to drive another 300kms for a tank to tank check ) . The jerk problem , well I won't say its resolved but for sure its cured to 90 % extent . I still feel the jerk and smoke puffs (occasionally) while driving on 3rd gear on low RPM's (1600-1800) ,but thats becomeing a rarity now-a-days , may be at times I tend to drive too light foot .

I stand by my statement , the ride quality definately feels rich and smooth .

Any fellow BHP-ian who had the upgrade , please share your findings .

BTW , the upgrade is only applicable for BSIV vehicles , as confirmed by the TML guys . No firmware upgarde is planned as of yet for the existing BSIII vehicles

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 23rd October 2012 at 14:46.
Old 23rd October 2012, 16:27   #21
BHPian

jealousdiamond, i went this morning to concorde motors met Mr.Tulsi he then got another colleague of his, he connected the laptop and the OBD, after checking he says they don't have the latest firmware. but confirmed my vehicle needs to be flashed with new update after checking my VIN/Chassis number. the test didnt show any error.
Prerna motors it seems have the updated firmware, fail to understand while Concorde which is a TATA group co doesn't have the latest firmware, Prerna a dealer has it. Prerna is closed for next 3 days so have to wait.

with regards to TVS they did the BS3 vehicles, even i was not convinced on this.

anyone in Bangalore done this? pls update
Old 25th October 2012, 15:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Monday, I will also give call to KHT and would ask about this re-map. I am also suffering this jerk issue in my BS-IV Safari since beginning.

It would be great, if they know about this. Otherwise, I will write an email to Tata Customer care for information regarding this upgrade.
Hey Anuj - did you manage to talk to KHT on this?
Old 7th November 2012, 12:22   #23
BHPian

I called most of the TASS in NCR, no one knows about this update. Called tata motors CCare, they are also not aware of update
Old 21st November 2012, 11:26   #24
BHPian

Friends

Any update from anyone in Bangalore?
while during my recent trip to shirdi, on my way back about 200 odd kms before bangalore i happened to see the MIL indicator light up and i stopped for few minutes and started again and saw the indicator.

during my conversation with Mr.Tulsi earlier during my visit he asked if the MIL indicator came up anytime.
maybe the new firmware update could solve this error as well

thanks
keyan
Old 4th December 2012, 18:42   #25
BHPian

Friends,

Today, I had been to Concorde Motors, Mysore road for the ECU s/w flashing /update. But unfortunately they had not yet downloaded the software into their laptop and also the respective person in charge of this was not there.
Since I was on leave today, insisted the service manager to find any other alternative for the ECU s/w flash. He spoke to the Person in charge @ Dairy Circle Branch. He asked me to go there.
At 3:30 I went to the Dairy circle branch (Concorde Motors). The SA checked the version with the help of the diagnostic tool and told me that the s/w needs to be updated in my beast and he asked me to wait for 10 minutes.
After 30 minutes of wait, I got the reply saying that the laptop is not functioning properly (Yes, the laptop was in a very pathetic condition). Then rescheduled this task for Saturday and came back.

Now, atleast we know that Concorde Motors are having the latest software update for BS 4 Safaris. But their Laptops are in pathetic condition and I doubt that the laptops are still functioning.
Will update further on this after the s/w flash on my beast on Saturday.
Old 5th December 2012, 13:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

ASC in Mangalore still say that the updates is only for those vehicles which is showing the "malfunction error", wonder why TATA is not keeping all of their service centers informed?
Old 5th December 2012, 13:29   #27
BHPian

I went to Triumph motors for flashing , but flashing not completed. There was one error coming whle flashing and then we read errors in ECU and got this error

"P2015 Swirl Feedback Fault-Memorised Current"

We were able to clear the error, but when again tried for re-falshing same error came. As per TASS we can not flash unless this error is corrected. They suspected some loose connection and cleaned battery terminal and ECU terminals but of no use.

Does anyone have any Idea how to proceed. TASS is checking with Tata motors.
When i checked error details, it was written that if error is comming again and again we need to replace ECU.
Old 6th December 2012, 10:32   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyrana View Post
I went to Triumph motors for flashing , but flashing not completed. There was one error coming whle flashing and then we read errors in ECU and got this error

"P2015 Swirl Feedback Fault-Memorised Current"

We were able to clear the error, but when again tried for re-falshing same error came. As per TASS we can not flash unless this error is corrected. They suspected some loose connection and cleaned battery terminal and ECU terminals but of no use.

Does anyone have any Idea how to proceed. TASS is checking with Tata motors.
When i checked error details, it was written that if error is comming again and again we need to replace ECU.

This issue has been discussed in considerable detail in the thread -

The Tata Safari 2.2L technical/Other problems/solutions Thread

I have also faced this in the early ownership days of my Gx.
Below was the reply posted by me on the above mentioned thread regarding issue of “P2015…” error code bugging my vehicle-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2674843

Hope this may be of help to you, as any further elaborate discussion on the above may be deemed to be here.
Old 10th December 2012, 10:53   #29
BHPian

friends

I had my ECU update done last week on thursday at concorde motors hosur road center.

I managed to speak to technical support manager at TML and he in turn spoke to Dinesh tech incharge at concorde. I had also given my vehicle for 30k service.
so far in the last 3 days of driving i havent experienced the draw back in power or black smoke.

thanks
keyan
Old 10th December 2012, 12:08   #30
BHPian

Any idea which center in NCR can I go to for this?
I called up Rama Motors and they were clueless about this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks