Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2013, 14:58   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz - Hard Gearshift

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Considering I am close to fully depressed myself, I transfer all the depression to the clutch for any and all gear shifts. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong, but thanks for clarifying this!

Just one point, the hardness (or bumpiness) of changing from 2nd to 1st is still the same in my Jazz regardless of how much the clutch is pressed (half/ full/ three fourths)
Well i dont know what adjustment did the SA make in the clutch, but i am pressing the clutch fully and the gear downshift to 2 and 1 seems smoother now. 1 was always the major problem.
Old 30th September 2013, 17:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post

Considering I am close to fully depressed myself, I transfer all the depression to the clutch for any and all gear shifts. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong, but thanks for clarifying this!

Just one point, the hardness (or bumpiness) of changing from 2nd to 1st is still the same in my Jazz regardless of how much the clutch is pressed (half/ full/ three fourths)
I have not driven the jazz, but is it the case of first gear being 'very short'?
Try and slot first gear only when the car comes to a complete stop, if it has even the slightest of motion try to use 2nd. If the jerkiness is only when there is motion then there is not much to worry about.
My matiz also shows this behavior (quite short 1st gear), so much that I almost cannot slot in the 1st gear if the car has even the slightest of motions, but Matiz has good low end torque so I put 2nd and with a little delay in clutch release I get moving.
Old 28th February 2016, 11:37   #18
BHPian

Ther is a slight leakage in my car. The service advisor told me its the axle seal front left.. As far as i know seals cost hardly 50 bucks or less. He gave me an estimate of 1500 for same. Saying the part costs 500.
Should i try a good local garage?
Old 3rd March 2016, 18:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parulkgupta View Post
Ther is a slight leakage in my car. The service advisor told me its the axle seal front left.. As far as i know seals cost hardly 50 bucks or less. He gave me an estimate of 1500 for same. Saying the part costs 500.
Yes - the underbody engine cover became loose in my City and Honda quoted Rs 1200 to fix a few screws

Got it at a FNG for Rs 200
Old 4th March 2016, 11:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parulkgupta View Post
The axle seal involves removal of the axle and disconnecting the tie rod ends, draining the gearbox oil, removing old and refitting the new axle seal, refilling the gearbox oil, fixing the tie rod ends and axle back. Around a 30 minute job if you ask me and service stations will charge the removal and refitting cost as per their list. If you have a competent mechanic with the right part number, sure you can do this with him, if its just saying a couple of hundred, don't bother and get it done at the authorised service station.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks