Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: If you have used his services, would you say he's:
Recommended 7 41.18%
NOT recommended 10 58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2016, 10:09   #61
BHPian

re: Mechanic - Raj Motors (Nithari, Noida)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Oh, this is bad. I will speak to him later today. If this is true, then its no different from any other mechanic. Options will have to be considered. DO share the picture when you can. That would be undeniable by him.
I will definitely share the pictures.

He did say that he will replace the EGR from a written-off engine, so I knew it will be a used one. But broken and held together by m-seal, he never told me that.

While you are going to talk to him, please also ask him how the thermostat valve was broken while he worked on the car, why the sump-shield wasn't fastened properly, and how come sump was still leaking even after he charged me for it's repair.

I had been going to him for 3-4 years now; he has worked on 4 of my cars. Initially things were pretty good but there was a gradual decline. The latest experience had been a nightmare.
Old 1st June 2016, 18:27   #62
BHPian

he is a good mechanic if he has time to work on cars himself. His boys are a bunch of useless guys who do more damage than good. My skoda has been messed up multiple times trying to resolve simple issue of radiator.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th June 2016 at 22:33. Reason: Removed inappropriate word. Thanks!
Old 2nd June 2016, 15:44   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
I will definitely share the pictures.

He did say that he will replace the EGR from a written-off engine, so I knew it will be a used one. But broken and held together by m-seal, he never told me that.

While you are going to talk to him, please also ask him how the thermostat valve was broken while he worked on the car, why the sump-shield wasn't fastened properly, and how come sump was still leaking even after he charged me for it's repair.

I had been going to him for 3-4 years now; he has worked on 4 of my cars. Initially things were pretty good but there was a gradual decline. The latest experience had been a nightmare.
Hi,
I just had a chat with the guy, since he is sourcing a grille for my Tucson. I mentioned this to him. He did not deny it. He says that he did use Mseal, but the EGR is NOT broken. Very emphatically. The mseal was used to create thread in one of the pipes that connects, and then a bit more to seal it up completely. He did it himself. If the EGR is broken, you can return it to him. His words.
Rest of the things, I forgot about.

I'll ask when I get my grille.
Old 2nd June 2016, 17:21   #64
BHPian

Re: Mechanic - Raj Motors (Nithari, Noida)

Quote:
Hi,
I just had a chat with the guy, since he is sourcing a grille for my Tucson. I mentioned this to him. He did not deny it. He says that he did use Mseal, but the EGR is NOT broken. Very emphatically. The mseal was used to create thread in one of the pipes that connects, and then a bit more to seal it up completely. He did it himself. If the EGR is broken, you can return it to him. His words.
Rest of the things, I forgot about.

I'll ask when I get my grille.
Hi Mayank,

It's easy for him to say that he will take it back when he has been confronted. And if pipe didn't have thread, wouldn't it have been much easier to replace the pipe? Clearly, the thread would have been created on the valve itself, which gave way and turned the ECL one.

He did this after I have give my car to him four times. And very conveniently forgot to tell me about this jugaad.

A clear-cut case of cheating!!!
ntomer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 10:11   #65
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: As 80% of the votes in this poll don't recommend him, have moved this entry out of the Directory.

The Team-BHP Directory is only for top-class service providers.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 19:13   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
I visited another mechanic in Sector 63 Noida, who has a proper garage. He re-did the clutch overhaul and i was all set.
Hi !

Could you possible share contact details for this mech? I work in 63 and it'd be a great use. As of now I use Bridgestone ( near McD) that's okay price wise- he makes a proper VAT paid bill at times, though I've decided to keep it off the books for now with him. He does sorely lack spares though- and for that I'd like to get in touch with a reliable and reasonable fellow you may know.
Old 6th June 2016, 14:07   #67
BHPian

Today I got the valve reopened. It's broken, was held together by m-seal.

I will go to Raj and confront him. This is blatant cheating.
Attached Thumbnails
Mechanic - Raj Motors (Nithari, Noida)-img20160606wa0026.jpg  

Old 8th June 2016, 10:35   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Today I got the valve reopened. It's broken, was held together by m-seal.

I will go to Raj and confront him. This is blatant cheating.
Hi ntomer.
DId you manage to confront him? He sent me a pic saying this is the only bit(image attached) he changed, which he says he has not been paid for yet. I understand M-seal is not a fix, but he quite adamant that he was not out to gyp you.
Attached Thumbnails
Mechanic - Raj Motors (Nithari, Noida)-img20160607wa0006.jpg  

Old 8th June 2016, 12:05   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Hi ntomer.
DId you manage to confront him? He sent me a pic saying this is the only bit(image attached) he changed, which he says he has not been paid for yet. I understand M-seal is not a fix, but he quite adamant that he was not out to gyp you.
Not yet. I will get the part tonight, and will confront him tomorrow. Yes, I haven't paid him yet for this part, and will return it to him. I would also ask him exactly how this pipe was broken. AFAIK, there is not way that any external factor can break it, it could have broken only while fitting/refitting, please correct me if I am wrong. And if it was broken, found to be broken, why he didn't inform me and tried to cover it up by using M-seal?

He also managed to break the thermostat valve while doing all this. Which resulted me paying 2000 to another mechanic and 4463 to Ayush motors, sec. 63.

Now regarding payment - I have paid him 22100, and 3200 remain. Out of which 1800 were for the part, and 1000 for labor in changing it. Besides this he has charged me 1000 once for EGR cleaning and 1500 for EGR servicing. So I guess the amount I owe him is far more than what he swindled me for EGR/cleaning/labor. Let's not even talk about what his incompetence cost me.
ntomer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 22:23   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Just updating the thread. He's moved to a proper workshop now from the street operations earlier. And with mostly new staff.
This is the same place where he moved earlier and then went back to nithari.
I an especially impressed with the paint shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Mechanic - Raj Motors (Nithari, Noida)-img_20170413_143353.jpg  

Mechanic - Raj Motors (Nithari, Noida)-img_20170413_143359.jpg  

Mechanic - Raj Motors (Nithari, Noida)-img_20170413_143405.jpg  

Mechanic - Raj Motors (Nithari, Noida)-img_20170413_143506.jpg  

Mechanic - Raj Motors (Nithari, Noida)-img_20170413_143510.jpg  

Old 2nd May 2017, 01:06   #71
BHPian

Raj is not into partnership anymore. He is responsible for the management of this place all alone.
The new workshop is quite nifty.
The work seems to be more promising.
With the adequate working bays in his workshop there seems to be an assurance of safety of our vehicles if they are to be left behind.
Recent visit to his new work place reinstated the faith.
Old 27th September 2017, 18:47   #72
Senior - BHPian

After some recent experiences, i am drawn to the following conclusions:

- TBHP popularity has made him more complacent than before. Prices are higher but service or work quality has deteriorated massively.

- He still takes on more work than he can handle

- He still believes in hiring the lowest paid and most unskilled kids (yes, kids) as employees who lack any sympathy for your car

- Moving into a workshop has not brought in any professionalism in the working style or standards.

- Any damage to the car by his minions is the owner's responsibility.

All the previous experiences that some of us may have had are out of the window due to the popularity he has gained through this thread. The cheating and malpractices are blatant now and Raj is completely unapologetic about it.

In short only go to him now if:

- you want physical damage on your car
- you are OK with his grease monkeys breaking more things in your car than they fix
- you want anything and everything (valuable or not) left in your car to be stolen
- you want fuel from your car being distributed to the taxiwallas around
Deeps is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks