Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2014, 00:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Doors won't unlock, Driver stuck inside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Have a small doubt bro.

Are the OE actuators on all 4 doors same? Because in case of aftermarket central lock kits, the driver door actuator will come with 4 terminals and rest 3 will have only 2 terminals (All 3 actuators get signal from the driver door actuator)
Initially one of the mechanic said the same thing, that the passenger side door will have only 2 wires/terminals connecting to the actuator.

But the other mechanic said, lets open it and check and to our surprise passenger side also there are 4 wires/terminals.
sbalagru6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2014, 09:04   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
But the other mechanic said, lets open it and check and to our surprise passenger side also there are 4 wires/terminals.
Does it mean that you could avail the central lock facility when locking / unlocking the passenger side door also? (will all 4 doors lock / unlock when using the passenger door?)
Old 31st May 2014, 09:59   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

The Ikon will have two master guns and two slave guns. Since it has a keyhole on both front doors, each of them will have a master gun to trigger the remaining lock guns. Hence it is possible to swap the front guns.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 13:50   #19
BHPian

Able to source a single actuator from JC road for ~1 K. Now both doors are perfect
Old 27th August 2014, 12:43   #20
BHPian

Honda City 2013 - Passenger door does not open after being hit

Guys - i had a moron back up his Safari Dicor into my passenger side door (2013 Honda City iVtec) and dented it. Its a small dent below the door handle.

But now the door wont unlock from outside. I can only open it from inside.

Would you know what might be the problem and how to fix it ?

Also, would any of you know if the 2014 City engine guard is compatible with the 2013 iVtec ?

Mods - Please merge this with any existing threads as you see appropriate.

Last edited by arepalli99 : 27th August 2014 at 12:45. Reason: fixed a typo in the title
Old 27th August 2014, 12:52   #21
BANNED

Re: Honda City 2013 - Passenger door does not open after being hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by arepalli99 View Post
Guys - i had a moron back up his Safari Dicor into my passenger side door (2013 Honda City iVtec) and dented it. Its a small dent below the door handle.

Also, would any of you know if the 2014 City engine guard is compatible with the 2013 iVtec ?

Mods - Please merge this with any existing threads as you see appropriate.
Sorry to hear about the incident.

If you don't mid, a picture would help us better to help you out.

Anurag.
Old 27th August 2014, 13:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

The lock has broken (the linkage inside that is), replace and reopen. The indentation can be dry dented if the paint is not chipped. The A.S.S. might tell you to repaint the door but that can be avoided by getting this done at any FNG or body shop like Sai Colorium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arepalli99 View Post

khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 14:01   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The lock has broken (the linkage inside that is), replace and reopen. The indentation can be dry dented if the paint is not chipped. The A.S.S. might tell you to repaint the door but that can be avoided by getting this done at any FNG or body shop like Sai Colorium.
Agree with Khoj on the suspect.

The dent may have cause the internal linkage between the Lever and the Latch (usually held by tiny plastic pivots on both ends with a Metal spoke between then) to break/dislodge.

Simply opening the Door trim/Panel would give you the Idea.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 13:57   #24
BHPian

Restarting an old thread for a 10 year oold car...

My Ikon is equipped with Xenos security system on top of central locking.
1. since last one year to about last month the LH door lock was not actuating by itself everytime. Adding to confusion, @ service station this worked flawlessly.
2. I relied on the master lock in RH to lock & unlock
3. Lately the RH side unlock started misbehaving initiating a loop behavior of trying to lock & unlock while engaging remote lock.

4. I thought it was the transmitter and a little DIY servicing helped then
5. Now the RH door is refusing to unlock, leaving the remote useless.
6. Current situation is that I use the LH to manually unlock (which initiates loop of lock-unlock) and internally unlock the master in RH for lock release. To lock I use the master in RH manually. I have disconneted Xenos temporarily to avoid further issues.

Showed to a local electrician, who opened up LH and claimed the lock elec/mech is faulty. Also after his service, the power windows started screeching

What are my options?

1. Service center is 35 km far and not within reach. Also cost of servicing means replacement of 2 master locks - bang 7k
2. Can installation of another security system help? As that person with his know-how perhaps can fix the lock issue?
3. Any recommendations to get this done outside FSS near to Mahindra world city

The car is 2006 Ford Ikon Flair
Old 27th April 2016, 14:17   #25
BHPian

I think the analysis of the local electrician that the the lock elec/mech (i.e actuator) being faulty is correct. There is a motor and switch in the actuator and sometimes they get bad or accumulate carbon causing these issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.nair View Post
Restarting an old thread for a 10 year oold car...

Showed to a local electrician, who opened up LH and claimed the lock elec/mech is faulty. Also after his service, the power windows started screeching

What are my options?

1. Service center is 35 km far and not within reach. Also cost of servicing means replacement of 2 master locks - bang 7k
2. Can installation of another security system help? As that person with his know-how perhaps can fix the lock issue?
3. Any recommendations to get this done outside FSS near to Mahindra world city

The car is 2006 Ford Ikon Flair
Old 27th April 2016, 15:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeevgpc View Post
I think the analysis of the local electrician that the the lock elec/mech (i.e actuator) being faulty is correct. There is a motor and switch in the actuator and sometimes they get bad or accumulate carbon causing these issues.
Unfortunately he is correct and i was only confirming by taking it to the mechanic. Appreciate if someone can suggest a non-FSS way to fix this.
Old 27th April 2016, 17:38   #27
BHPian

You can go to any multi brand service center and they should be able to replace the part. Changing actuator is not complicated and I have actually removed and repaired myself once. Not sure of the cost but I saw somebody mentioning less than a 1000/- for a pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.nair View Post
Unfortunately he is correct and i was only confirming by taking it to the mechanic. Appreciate if someone can suggest a non-FSS way to fix this.
Old 7th April 2018, 00:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Doors Won't Open From Inside The Car. Help!

Hello members,

As the title suggest, the doors of our Hyundai Eon won't open from inside using the door handle. The car is 4 months old and is a basic model (Era+) which came without remote locking or even central locking from factory. We got Autocop (Terminator something) remote locking fitted 2 months back from a Hyundai dealer.

The problem is that one is not able to open the doors from inside using inside door handle even when the car is unlocked. This happens intermittently with either of the front doors and we often have to roll down the window (it's a power window, means lot of work), pull the outside door handle to open the door. There's no problem with the remote locking as the door knobs function normally as they should. But, this issue (inside door handle not working) has come up only after installing the Autocop unit. Apart from that, the car has aftermarket ICE and that's all.

Since this is a beater car with extensive usage, spending a day at the workshop seems quite difficult if the issue is relatively easier to resolve. Any inputs would be appreciated. Thanks.

MODS: I couldn't find a similar topic and have created a new thread. Pls merge if similar thread exists.
Old 7th April 2018, 14:32   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Doors Won't Open From Inside The Car. Help!

Call up Autocop, they'll send home a technician at your convenience to set the problem right. No worries about time wasted. It's just 2 months, and you're covered under Autocop warranty.

Something is loose where the door handle connector rods are concerned, or the lock-unlock gun has worked itself loose and disengaging the lock only partially.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 7th April 2018 at 14:34. Reason: Adding link
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 16:03   #30
BHPian

Re: Doors Won't Open From Inside The Car. Help!

We had a similar issue with our Swift when it was new, turned out the culprit was the child lock function. Each door has a small black child lock switch on the inside door frame.
It's designed for safety of children in the back seat such that if it is switched on, the doors won't open from inside but can only be opened from outside.
I'd suggest you check the child lock first before suspecting the Autocop

Last edited by Skyline_GT : 7th April 2018 at 16:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks