Team-BHP - My Experience With adding Boric Acid in Engine oil
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   My Experience With adding Boric Acid in Engine oil (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/14280-my-experience-adding-boric-acid-engine-oil-6.html)

Are you joking here!!

No arguments here about any claims as these were reported by actual users.....it seems so difficult to digest but its true......entire concept of friction reduction is so beneficial to engines.....there is neither placebo effect nor psychological feeling......this works best with new engines....if we are able to stop mechnical wear and tear in the initial stage then its beneficial for the life of an engine......

Enjoy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by finetuning (Post 380338)
No arguments here about any claims as these were reported by actual users.....it seems so difficult to digest but its true......entire concept of friction reduction is so beneficial to engines.....there is neither placebo effect nor psychological feeling......this works best with new engines....if we are able to stop mechnical wear and tear in the initial stage then its beneficial for the life of an engine......
Enjoy...

Update at 500 Kms, I have driven the car for 500 kms , today morning i drained the engine oil into a pan to see if there is any residue but none whatsoever was found.
I also got the oil filter changed.
Some points to be noted.
When i start the car in the morning the RPM rises to around 1500. it stays that way till around 1kms then it settles down to the normal rpm of 700-800.
The smoothness in the engine is very noticeable.
:Cheering:

If it is a MPFI engine then this is quite normal. Coz on a cold start the RPM increases with a rich mixture being let in and also the oil is circulated to every place quite fast.

Once the little warm-up temp is achieved the mixture leans out and the engine smoothens and settles out..

I hope, my theory is right or am I shooting my mouth off..??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaizer Sozay (Post 382655)
Update at 500 Kms, I have driven the car for 500 kms , today morning i drained the engine oil into a pan to see if there is any residue but none whatsoever was found.
I also got the oil filter changed.
Some points to be noted.
When i start the car in the morning the RPM rises to around 1500. it stays that way till around 1kms then it settles down to the normal rpm of 700-800.
The smoothness in the engine is very noticeable.
:Cheering:

sameer_dg >> Are you joking here!!

No, we are not. This is real stuff.

gd1418 >> I hope, my theory is right or am I shooting my mouth off..??

Am not sure whether MPFI engines rev up automatically on cold-start. Didn't observe this on my MPFI Zen. But, one thing is for sure about MPFI... they are crazy. The engine rpms rise and drop on their own. Almost as if they have their own brain. When I start in the morning, the rpms will be low at first, but as soon as I rev up a little, they rise and stay high for a few seconds, then drop again. After a long drive, as I idle at a signal, the rpms will drop again automatically, stay low for a few seconds and rise again.

PS - I'm sure, I'm not confusing the fan noise with the engine rpms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 382958)
I hope, my theory is right or am I shooting my mouth off..??

With my limited knowledge of automobile engines :p , I'd say your theory is right!

Last night i went out with a couple of friends for a drive, we were four guys in the car. some very notable points was that the car picked up very easily from 60 to 100. there was no timing noise that i used to experience when i reved above 80.
At 110 The engine was very silent. The smoothness is unbelieveable. It must say that the boron treatment takes a bit of time but the more i drive the effect starts improving.

I will be doing a long drive in the next 15 days from Nagpur to Bombay will test for FE and other things during this run

Hi Kaizer,

Enjoy BEST friction reduction method available for automobiles.....more you log on km more you will notice benefits......now after 2000 km you can change your engine oil......do look out for extra carbon debris in drained oil...there after you can add fresh oil with new filter......

Enjoy your ride.....

Hi kaizer,

One question to you,

Did you notice rise in RPM up to 1500 at morning start up before adding boron?...If its no then really this treatment is working so well.....normal mpfi car starts at high rpm say up to 1500 then settle down to 600 or so....if you havent observed this till now then I m sure your car is really really getting better & better just as new car....isnt this the BEST decarbonising agent??

When very old carbon layers starts getting removed then cars tends to behave just like a new one.....if comression is restord to original one by this method then there is definitely increase in performance as well as FE....thanks for your input....

Enjoy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by finetuning (Post 385411)
Hi kaizer,

One question to you,

Did you notice rise in RPM up to 1500 at morning start up before adding boron?...If its no then really this treatment is working so well.....normal mpfi car starts at high rpm say up to 1500 then settle down to 600 or so....if you havent observed this till now then I m sure your car is really really getting better & better just as new car....isnt this the BEST decarbonising agent??

When very old carbon layers starts getting removed then cars tends to behave just like a new one.....if comression is restord to original one by this method then there is definitely increase in performance as well as FE....thanks for your input....

Enjoy...

For the 1st few days in the morning the rpm rose to 1500 then settled to the usual 700-800, but over the past 3 days the rpm rises to its normal 1000 then comes to 700-800. so yes its working

Why don't we add a poll to this topic.. with options like

1. Yes, it has helped me a lot.
2. Slight improvement.
3. No noticeable improvement at all.
4. Negative results. Stay away from this stuff!

This would give an instant statistics to new readers, who now have to go though the entire thread to see how people have responded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amu1983 (Post 386599)
Why don't we add a poll to this topic.. with options like

1. Yes, it has helped me a lot.
2. Slight improvement.
3. No noticeable improvement at all.
4. Negative results. Stay away from this stuff!

This would give an instant statistics to new readers, who now have to go though the entire thread to see how people have responded.

I like the idea infact why dont we extend this same poll to the Acetone thread also.

Mods pls help

I m very sure that boron treatment works well beyond any doubt.....more I went deep into thhis subject more I ralised its tremendous potential in current senario.....there are exhaustive study materials available for this.....with the introduction of zero sulpher fuel this will have major role to play....my aim & intentions were to find out beneficial elements from our surroundings.....

Even if a single personn is benefited I m happy.....few years onwards autoworld will be riding boron waves.....it makes much sense to sudy a little then implement such thing hence I wish that those who are keen to try this must go through links......there is no substitute for knowledge....this techniques is so different hence rejected by most......but those who tried are enjoying the benefits that cant be gained by any other means........ignorance is bliss many times but not always.......infact many times its opposite......

Enjoy.....

The treatment is scientific, I agree. But, most people have only one car and if it breaks down, for whatever reason, their work/business gets affected. So, they will always hesitate before trying anything like this.

I read this thread 3-5 times, and carefully searched for any ill-effects, and then tried it on my car on a weekend. So, a poll will be very beneficial to the first-time-readers of this thread.

And.. am sure most people will choose the first (very good, or helpful) option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amu1983 (Post 386749)
The treatment is scientific, I agree. But, most people have only one car and if it breaks down, for whatever reason, their work/business gets affected. So, they will always hesitate before trying anything like this.

I read this thread 3-5 times, and carefully searched for any ill-effects, and then tried it on my car on a weekend. So, a poll will be very beneficial to the first-time-readers of this thread.

And.. am sure most people will choose the first (very good, or helpful) option.

hey could you pls share your feedback as i guess you & i have added it around the same time also we both have mpfi cars.