Team-BHP - My Experience With adding Boric Acid in Engine oil
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   My Experience With adding Boric Acid in Engine oil (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/14280-my-experience-adding-boric-acid-engine-oil-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammykhan (Post 388466)
Hi GD, Suman, have you tried the boric powder treatment in your Safari or should I go Delvac oil for turbo diesel engines before putting boric powder in my engine oil

Hey Sammy, I wouldn't dare to try it in my Safari, I find it quite smooth for a 3 tonner in any case. GD is a brave man though.........:p and you'll see that he has tried it out in both his cars!

Hi Finetuning,

I wanted to try out the theory that you have shown, but before I do it on my car, I will first try it out on my bike. I wanted to know what do I do for my bike. I have already read your thread for the Fiero F2 and have created the same kind of mixture. 8 gms of boric, 30 ml Acetone and 100 ml engine oil. I have a pulsar 180 on which I am trying this out. In cars we have oil filter that needs to be replaced, but what about the bike.

Hi Finetuning,

It was great talking to you today on the phone. Man I am eagerly waiting to meet you and have a "dekho" at your esteem. I am really impressed with what you have told me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kailashnj (Post 396173)
Hi Finetuning,

I wanted to try out the theory that you have shown, but before I do it on my car, I will first try it out on my bike. I wanted to know what do I do for my bike. I have already read your thread for the Fiero F2 and have created the same kind of mixture. 8 gms of boric, 30 ml Acetone and 100 ml engine oil. I have a pulsar 180 on which I am trying this out. In cars we have oil filter that needs to be replaced, but what about the bike.

Great to know that you are interested in the boric acid. I am amazed by it next week i will be draining my oil and adding new oil with a fresh dose of boric acid. This time i will add it to the gear box also.

Hi kailashnj,

Waiting to meet you next week or so...meanwhile I m over excited with the results of boron treatments in our bikes.....its so positive...it seems unbeleivable too.......many riding pulsars are reporting 60+ FE figures with excellent performance.......this means that these 150 cc bikes are delivering 100 cc FE with excellent performance.....those who cant beleive in this need to ride these bikes......so I expect that boron treatment will be the buzz WORD in friction reduction....I remember when I tried this of my own in my car I never imagined it to pass on so much benefits......this works without any doubt in IC engines.....this is a revolution itself in friction reduction....those who had tried of their own or with me are immensly benefited in terms of smoothness of vehicle & power.....

Now grooving concept is spread to two wheelers too......I will be doing grooves in 150cc pulsar in coming days....will share result...

Enjoy.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by kailashnj (Post 396663)
Hi Finetuning,

It was great talking to you today on the phone. Man I am eagerly waiting to meet you and have a "dekho" at your esteem. I am really impressed with what you have told me.

Hey im glad that you are getting your engine grooved let me know if you want a test drive in my zen im back in bombay

Update - Changed my oil filter (old Zen) after 1000kms. Yes, there were lots of carbon particles trapped in it (Broke it open with the help of my mechanic). Topped up little oil.

The car drives almost like new now!!! Believe it or not, but I'm able to drive even with my foot off the accelerator. The idling power is enough to pull the load even in 3rd gear.

Thank you finetuning...

Hi amu1983,

Your results are very very encouraging.....after oil filter change we feel good response from engine.....compression is restored like of a new car......same is the case with my 1995, 1,04,000 km driven car.....its indeed such a wonderful techique to get rid of old carbons & improve performance for the life time of a car.....beleive me....those boron oxide layers never piles off & hence we get same performance year after year......now if this technique is applied in new car then life of the components will be so long.....we never have such a great option of friction reduction.....with these there is increase in FE as we need less throttle to drive car because of less engine friction.....so less pollution & less engine heat......again thanks for your sharing.....

Have you checked FE in your old bike?.....in many of my friends case having old bikes like suzuki samurai & tvs max.....there is very good increase in power....these bikes were very hesitant to even cross 60....but now they can easily go beyond 80 so effortlessly......wheel of Revolution Rotating....

Enjoy....

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 379331)
Simple dear Watson,

Try mixing some boric powder in engine oil and stir it well or use a blender. Now what you will see is a collodial solution - that means, the boric powder will not dissolve in the oil but shall remain in suspended animation due to the viscosity of the oil. More so in gear oil because of its high viscosity.

Even if we suppose that the boric particle shall settle down in the gearbox, one must remember that once the gears are engaged, they rotate at high speed creating major turbulence in the gearbox. So even if sedimentation takes place, it will again be stirred properly...:-)

Hey Gd can you pls share what major changes you observed after you added the boric treatment to the gear box. I havent done the same as yet to my car gear box, but on thursday i will be replacing the engine oil with a fresh doseage of boric acid also plan to add the same to my gear box. results on the engine are awesome though

No major changes except for the fact that gear shifting has become very smooth almost 'makhkhan'. Secondly, please PM me all details/link of Somender Singh & grooving.

I'm planning to (still in infancy) ovrhaul my Safari's engine. Maybe I'll try grooving it then..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaizer Sozay (Post 398021)
Hey Gd can you pls share what major changes you observed after you added the boric treatment to the gear box. I havent done the same as yet to my car gear box, but on thursday i will be replacing the engine oil with a fresh doseage of boric acid also plan to add the same to my gear box. results on the engine are awesome though

Hi gd1418,

Keep on reaping benefits of borons.....Makhkhan like smoothness can only be experienced with such experiments....in my car I m able to throw gear with a single finger....they are so smooth and effortless.....now since you have tried boron in all moving parts except wheel bearings.......I think now you can try greasing wheel bearings......there is a lot of friction here too.....most of engine power is not fully utilised because of this....greasing wheels with boron treated grease makes friction very very less & improves the rolling of tyres....you simply need to add 50 gm boric acid in 500 gm castrol or skf grease & mix it well....this is 10% addition of this powder.....blend it well with a spoon....you can grease axle bearings too.....in the same manner boron particles will stick to metal ball surfaces reducing friction....with less throttle application car tends to run more distance hence improving FE.....I m getting an excellent FE of 19 kmpl with lpg gas......again it takes time for boron to work fully but once they are onto metal surface they works wonders....this reduces the possibility of bearing failure.....

Also if planning to overhaul your engine then grooving is an excellent option......however its done on engine head....so it can be done without engine overhauling......

I need to share one of my friends experience....his esteem was having engine noise issue...may be connecting rod bearings as checked & diagnosed by many mechanics.....only option was to open engine......so I tried my boron treatments and within few days of running this sound is gone.....and car is not only back to normal but very responsive......

Enjoy...

OFF TOPIC, BUT MUCH NEEDED.

finetuning, no offence to you or your work, but for God's sake please go through the Wren & Martin Grammar guide one uses in school.

This "." is different from "...". And "........" makes it damn difficult to read sentences. Also, capitalization would be a good idea sometimes. Like in the beginning of a sentence.

Try these.
Punctuation
Writing Tips: Sentence Builder - Punctuation

Once again, no offence buddy, but more often than not I glaze over your posts as my brain takes too long to decipher what you're trying to say.

Cheers. :)

off topic......but much needed.......finetuning......no offence to you or your work......but for gods sake please go through the wren & martin grammar guide one uses in school......this . is different from .... and ........ makes it damn difficult to read sentences......also......capitalization would be a good idea sometimes. like in the beginning of a sentence......try these......http://www.arts.uottawa.ca/writcent/....htm......once again......no offence buddy......but more often than not i glaze over your posts as my brain takes too long to decipher what youre trying to say.......

hi fine tuning.. what do u think about graphite.. i have tried in many two stroke modifided bikes.. works wondrefully . its a solid lubricant,goes more and more slippery more the load applied.i used to litrelly coat the entire cylindre wall with it, i could use even semi seized engines at full throttle for longer times....<without seizing>

Even if some of us have aluminum block and head in our engines please read point number 10 as to what hydrated boric acid can do to your iron crank shafts and other related parts. I was planning to try this out on my :Frustrati Junkindica(iron block) in the morning but am having second and third and fourth thoughts after reading this article. Bye and wear your seat belts.

BORIC ACID

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpullockaran (Post 398384)
Even if some of us have aluminum block and head in our engines please read point number 10 as to what hydrated boric acid can do to your iron crank shafts and other related parts. I was planning to try this out on my :Frustrati Junkindica(iron block) in the morning but am having second and third and fourth thoughts after reading this article. Bye and wear your seat belts.

BORIC ACID

Stability:
Stable under ordinary conditions of use and storage. If moisture is present, boric acid can be corrosive to iron.

Was just wondering Moisture in the Engine?
At the temperature that the engine runs how can any moisture be present?