Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2006, 09:27   #1
BHPian

Tachometer on the King?

Can anyone confirm if the latest MPFI Kings (post Nov-2005) are equipped with tachometer?

How much will it cost to fit one aftermarket? And what r the options available in this regard?
Old 2nd July 2006, 11:44   #2
BHPian

I've seen the new MG413W's being serviced ( I have the non MPFI King) and they don't have a tacho in the display unit. I've added a Pricol Tacho and it serves the purpose well.

There are some good posts (existing) here with more info.
Old 2nd July 2006, 12:24   #3
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Captain pings : WHere did u get that tacho and for how much ?
Old 5th July 2006, 17:37   #4
BHPian

aZa, tacho was bought at Prithviraj Market (behind Khan Mkt) - 5 years ago, you'd have to check now for latest prices.
Old 5th July 2006, 20:59   #5
BHPian

The guy in the maruti showroom told me the latest Gypsy has a tacho of the same kind as installed on the Esteem.

He was showing me an older 413 (Carbed) and telling me the differences in dashboard. I m told Changes have also been made to the layout and type of fans as well? I am sceptical about this though!!

CaptPings: How much would an aftermarket tacho cost? Where would it fit? Do i have to cutout a portion of the "cockpit" ()? Would it need to be calibrated? How and where could I get that done?

Can u post a pic of the installation i ur car?
Old 5th July 2006, 21:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

A pricol tacho is around 800 bucks if i remember correctly.

Drifter
Old 6th July 2006, 12:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR
The guy in the maruti showroom told me the latest Gypsy has a tacho of the same kind as installed on the Esteem.

He was showing me an older 413 (Carbed) and telling me the differences in dashboard. I m told Changes have also been made to the layout and type of fans as well? I am sceptical about this though!!

CaptPings: How much would an aftermarket tacho cost? Where would it fit? Do i have to cutout a portion of the "cockpit" ()? Would it need to be calibrated? How and where could I get that done?

Can u post a pic of the installation i ur car?
The guy at the showroom is fibbing..Gypsies do not come with a Factory fitted Tacho..
Old 6th July 2006, 12:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

i'm searching for an aftermarket RPM meter too.. Pricol is available for around 800 to 1200 bucks.. but they seem to fail soon..

U dont have to cut open the cockpit..but may need to drill some holes..

I am on the lookout for a good one..I'm told Autometer has some but priced around 3 to 5K..i think it is very expensive ! Any cheaper options..guys in Chennai.any pointers..
Old 10th July 2006, 11:45   #9
BHPian

tacho photo

sorry for the delay in posting the picture.

also, am no longer sure if this is a pricol!! can't find any markings. and its about 6 years old.

it has a neat yellow column that moves to indicate rpm, the backlight is nice and actually makes it easier to see at night.

the red marker can be shift to mark a position (as per your requirements)

installation is on the right side of the dashboard with double sided tape (and one screw on the rear end)

note : have started experiencing trouble with this unit recently where it tends to stick - a sharp whack takes care of it!

Old 29th November 2006, 09:46   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pings View Post
sorry for the delay in posting the picture.

also, am no longer sure if this is a pricol!! can't find any markings. and its about 6 years old.

it has a neat yellow column that moves to indicate rpm, the backlight is nice and actually makes it easier to see at night.

the red marker can be shift to mark a position (as per your requirements)

installation is on the right side of the dashboard with double sided tape (and one screw on the rear end)

note : have started experiencing trouble with this unit recently where it tends to stick - a sharp whack takes care of it!

Looks cool Captain Pings! Can we get a model that mounts within the instrument console? Will be checking the models this saturday. Any places in Mumbai/Pune?
Old 5th December 2006, 12:31   #11
BHPian

guys am really interested in fitting a tacho in my zen and my 800 still dont know how much it costs!!!?
Old 5th December 2006, 14:13   #12
BHPian

is the pricol tacho still available? I need one badly, havent found anything here in bangalore. pls post up details.
Old 5th December 2006, 14:55   #13
BANNED

[quote=Captain Pings;256063]sorry for the delay in posting the picture.

Hi,

This tachometer is a brand called Eqqus or something like that. Its imported and used to sell for about 800-1000 bucks. Pricol tachometers are very much available and cost approx Rs800 for 3 cylinder and Rs1150 for 4 cylinder.

Viper
Old 6th December 2006, 13:52   #14
BHPian

any clue if the 4-cylinder tacho is available here in bangalore?
Old 2nd April 2007, 02:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

can some one post a pic of the pricol tacho if they have it and secondly how big is it ??

besides looks, in terms of functionality and reliability is there a great difference between the pricol tachos and the autogauge ones ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks