Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2014, 17:12   #1
BHPian

3 month old Volkswagen Polo: Problems & Service Issues

Hello,

I purchased VW POLO 1.2 D Comfortline from Bhasin Motors, Sarita Vihar Delhi in the last week of November. Purchase process was smooth but the dealer took a huge amount of time in getting the registration process completed. I also ordered the accessories pack which included reverse parking sensor, doormats, mud flaps etc. which I never got! Had to buy from a 3rd party store.

Problem 1:
The car has done 6000kms and I was on my way from Chandighar to delhi. It was pretty late and I started hearing a little noise from front left wheel under braking. I reached home and called the dealer in the morning and told them about the situation. Took the car to the dealership and was told that the brake pads were busted and so were the brake discs! I was "SHOCKED".. Brake discs failed at 6000kms only? We dont even need to change brake pads that often. I spoke to the service manager and other people at the dealership and then went to the service station and saw that the front left disc had uneven surface on both sides. At the time of selling the vehicle they promised me that everything other than plastic comes under warranty. But they said this comes under moving part criteria thus cannot be changed under warranty! I had to pay for the disc brakes that was Rs. 2000 approx. They changed one disc brake under warranty.

Was shocked with VW's product quality.

Problem 2:
At around 8500km I saw the engine heating light flashing. Stopped the car, went through the manual. It said to get the car checked at VW workshop. I drove back home. I saw the Check Engine Light come on this time when reaching home. Called the dealer, they told me to call VW Road Side Assistance Toll Free Number. I did, they were responsive and arranged a towing crane since the car was showing Check Engine Light(CEL) and its not recommended to drive with CEL on. They didnt charge me any fees for the towing since car is covered under warranty. Next day I got a call and they told me it was a software issue and is fixed. I went to the workshop and picked the car, it was not showing the Check Engine Light or Flashing of Engine heater light. I drove back home. I had a meeting that day and when I started the car both lights were lit again.

I was pissed off! They didnt fix anything.. I called them up and they sent a driver this time. He received the car and then got me the car back in the evening. Got a call from workshop and they told there is some ECG sensor which is faulty and they have ordered it. I was told that the part will take 3-4 days to arrive and I can drive the car till then without a problem.. CEL was still there.. It has been more than 7 days and I have called several times to the VW toll free number and they promise a call back which I never get.. Also the workshop has stopped receiving my call.

I purchased a VW because I have heard amazing service reports, great reliability and solid built quality..

I am disappointed.

If you are buying any VW, you are going to have bad time.

VW has also started giving ABS and Airbags on every model since last month.. Makes things even worse for people who bought it months back, since we are not getting anything. Not even a paid upgrade.

Fellow BHPians facing VW troubles:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ain-42k-9.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ty-issues.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...fuel-leak.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rs-mumbai.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...nt-hole-5.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-warranty.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...r-vw-polo.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rs-mumbai.html

Last edited by GTO : 17th July 2017 at 22:43. Reason: Typo
muditgrover is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 19:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: 3 month old Volkswagen Polo: Problems & Service Issues

I have not updated about my polo but My polo went through a complete engine rebuild around 70 K kms.

The cars water pump failed and the engine over heated and stopped.

I got it done free of cost by putting pressure and also as I own 4 more VW cars.

After this the front suspension started making noises and I complained to VW but they say its wear and tear. But my point was that the noise was not their when i gave the car to them. So I just kept quite.

This is the worst car I have bought after accent CRDI and it was not expected of VW.

My car has done 1.83 Lacs as of know. And the water pump is again going.

And the car has nil resale value.

Good examples can be had as low as 2.50 Lacs

Last edited by manikjeet : 20th February 2014 at 19:05.
manikjeet is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 20:25   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
I have not updated about my polo but My polo went through a complete engine rebuild around 70 K kms.

The cars water pump failed and the engine over heated and stopped.

I got it done free of cost by putting pressure and also as I own 4 more VW cars.

After this the front suspension started making noises and I complained to VW but they say its wear and tear. But my point was that the noise was not their when i gave the car to them. So I just kept quite.

This is the worst car I have bought after accent CRDI and it was not expected of VW.

And the car has nil resale value.

Good examples can be had as low as 2.50 Lacs
Was waiting for your review about the life of the TDi engine,since no one in this forum I guess drives as much as you do!Hardly seen a Skoda,Volkswagen with more than a lakh onthe odo.
OT:My friends Type 2 Skoda Laura Pump Deuse has had almost everything in his car changed till now.He is about to sell his car since the Skoda service people have said the engine will cease in a month or 2.The car has done only 1.43 lakh km.
dean5545 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 00:23   #4
BHPian

Quote:
I have heard amazing service reports, great reliability
I can only say that once you had made a decision to buy a Polo you never bothered to explore the other side of the Polo Cars. Most of the threads you have listed on complaints were available even at the time you were planning to buy.

The best solution is to escalate the complaint to VW and get a solution.

I have always preferred to stay away from Skoda and VW given the quantum of negative feedbacks that we come across on this forum.

Quote:
I am disappointed.
Nothing to feel disheartened about. Machines do fail but they can be set right. Treat this incident in isolation and get your car right and enjoy miles and miles of happy driving.

Quote:
This is too general a statement. Such statements or similar statements are available in plenty on social media but this does not stop people from buying Polo. You also bought one and such statement existed then as well.

Have a cool approach and don't get frustrated. I am sure this is a minor issue and they will be able to address it.

Last edited by mints21 : 21st February 2014 at 00:31.
Old 29th April 2014, 17:05   #5
BHPian

Re: 3 month old Volkswagen Polo: Problems & Service Issues

Another VW customer took it to facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152344739795851&set=a.10150387385 475851.401943.689825850&type=1&theater¬if_t=like
Old 29th April 2014, 17:20   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks more like a rant than actual problem. The customer must be well versed and think twice before buying a car. Things like repeated underbelly hittings ending up in damaged parts is the driver's fault. Again the owner must have been aware of the servicing costs w.r.t. the competition like MSIL. The only reasonable problem I found in that post is the bad service standards at the dealership. But then that is in the genes of all European car dealers.
Old 29th April 2014, 18:12   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditgrover View Post
Let's not jump the gun and generalize. As a starting point, I'm a quite satisfied VW customer over the last 3 years. I know several more on and off the forum.

Sad to hear about your experience so far, but I can percieve that you have been let down by bad dealer service. I'd suggest complaining to VW about the same, and getting services from other dealer in Delhi.

Just to add, not all of my experience has been positive. I'm currently putting up a (negative experience) thread on VW Goa dealer (Mohite automobile). However that does NOT make my overall experience with VW bad at all.

Quote:
VW has also started giving ABS and Airbags on every model since last month.. Makes things even worse for people who bought it months back, since we are not getting anything. Not even a paid upgrade.
Lol - now this is a bit too much of expectations. ABS and airbags are not plug & play components. You should have taken a better decision while purchasing the car.

Quote:
Fellow BHPians facing VW troubles:
Good of you assimilating those links. Do note - most of them would be dealing with bad dealers than bad vehicles. Also you can do a search on Vento/Polo threads in tbhp - you'll find more +ve threads than negative.

Not being a VW fanboy, but you are painting a Skoda picture of VW. We are still to reach that level Take heart, get your issues resolved at a better dealer, and have a good experience (going ahead) with your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
Woah!!! That's some heavy duty usage. I tried looking for an ownership thread, didn't find one. Could you share more details on your experience overall? You are clearly the top running (kms) VW car owner on this forum I believe. So far you have just given 2-3 (negative) points in the overall experience. A detailed experience (especially in the 80k - 180k kms range) would earn a lot of thanks from other VW car owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Looks more like a rant than actual problem.
. . .
The only reasonable problem I found in that post is the bad service standards at the dealership.
+1 to this. Exactly the point I'm trying to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Another VW customer took it to facebook.
I don't know that language, but from the initial comments to that post, I see the dealer (EVM) seems to be the issue. Could be wrong as the original post is not understood at all.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th July 2017 at 07:10. Reason: Quoted text edited

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks