Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2015, 00:17   #16
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze: Auto Transmission Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvtosh View Post
Dear Friends,

This was an urgent post made since I required some urgent advise. I have a November 2010 Chevy Cruze. It has been working fine till a week ago. There was excessive revving between gears 1-2-3. The car refused to change gears easily. I called Nikhil Auto in Mumbai and asked them to check the car. Apart from the normal servicing done, they have informed me that the TCM - transmission control module has to be replaced and along with that another small part. Together it costs Rs. 95000 (Rs. 80,000+Rs. 15,000). I am in tears since I have no other option, no car and no money to pay for this kind of repair. Can the experts out here give me a solution to this problem. Has anyone faced this problem before? Is it common to have the TCM replaced in automatic transmissions? Is there any other way out of this problem? This is not even covered under insurance. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Ashutosh
Hi Ashutosh, did they give you a discount or you had to shell out the entire amount? My Cruze seems to have the same issue and the 3 year warranty expired a week back. Thankfully, I opted for the extended warranty, under which I hope this is covered.

Most Viewed