Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2014, 22:25   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti 800 with 240,000 kms: What repairs & maintenance to perform?

Update-
Gave my Golden Beauty for a comprehensive checkup at Maruti Automobiles, MASS.
Some things which I replaced for peace of my mind-
1. Wipers-They had started making some noise offlate.
2. Rear Hatch Gas Strut- Was unable to raise the hatch completely on its own.
3. Some bearings,bushes and washers replaced in the suspension.
4. Accelerator cable replaced.

The car has zero rust. I repeat, NO Rust anywhere.

However, I have one issue to report. The front wipers are getting stuck in speed 1 and 2 periodically. Its like they are getting some resistance and the motor doesn't has power to drive them. The wiping action is not smooth, rather it is in steps. I hope I am clear. It has surfaced after getting the wiper blades replaced.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 19:09   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Just let me know in advance. Will be glad to be of any help. However, I would say enjoy the great ownership of the car without worrying too much.

Regards!
Met BHPian Saket today. First of all, thanks for giving me some time from your busy schedule!!! :thumbup:

He drove the car for a good 2-3kms and did all sorts of tests. It was a real knowledge booster for me interacting with you. He could not find any abnormalities in thw car. So now, I can rest assured, that probably by God's grace, my car is healthy and doesn't need any maintenance.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 10:21   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Met BHPian Saket today. First of all, thanks for giving me some time from your busy schedule!!! :thumbup:

He drove the car for a good 2-3kms and did all sorts of tests. It was a real knowledge booster for me interacting with you. He could not find any abnormalities in thw car. So now, I can rest assured, that probably by God's grace, my car is healthy and doesn't need any maintenance.
Sorry that I could not respond earlier. The pleasure of meeting was entirely mine. It was great meeting you Shashi and glad that you brought the Golden Beauty along. I reiterate that the car is in pristine condition, both cosmetically and mechanically. It was hard to believe that its a 14 year old car with the odo rolled twice.

Just as preventive maintenance and to exercise caution, I would suggest that you put the car on ramp and examine the lower arms, suspension components and the underbody thoroughly. Though I could not spot any rust by just peeking a glance at the underbody, but nothing is better than an up-ramp examination.

Rest keep doing what you have been doing all these years to keep it in top shape.

Best Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 01:03   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Update-
Gave my Golden Beauty for a comprehensive checkup at Maruti Automobiles, MASS.
Some things which I replaced for peace of my mind-
1. Wipers-They had started making some noise offlate.
2. Rear Hatch Gas Strut- Was unable to raise the hatch completely on its own.
Hi Leoshashi,

I was a silent follower of your posts until now. You have maintained your car in such a great condition. I also own a 1999 M800 STD model. Need to know if you have found any solution for stopping the garbage coming in from the blower vents? I am on the journey to find out what can be done in order to prevent any outside object coming inside the cabin while using blower.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ketan
Old 4th May 2015, 19:16   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
Hi Leoshashi,

I was a silent follower of your posts until now. You have maintained your car in such a great condition. I also own a 1999 M800 STD model. Need to know if you have found any solution for stopping the garbage coming in from the blower vents? I am on the journey to find out what can be done in order to prevent any outside object coming inside the cabin while using blower.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ketan

Hello Ketan,

Since I have an AC model, I always keep ventilation in circulation mode, rather than fresh air mode. Well almost 99% of the time.
This has probably helped me and I have never faced this issue.

Or maybe the closed and covered parking has helped my case.

I also asked MASS to clean my cars blower recently, fearing accumulated dust over the last 15 years, surprisingly there was no major dust.

Regards
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks