Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2014, 19:41   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rk Ranjan View Post

Further, we would like to inform that the technology, make-up and constitution of your vehicle is such that it is impossible for the vehicle to catch fire in such manner and circumstances as reported, unless and until supervening and extraneous factors have operated to cause the same.

What bull..... (I may be violating a rule but can't help it). Vehicle fires are common - and do not take place solely due to extraneous factors. Of course a fire is not necessarily due to a manufacturing defect - but the above statement is patently false. No manufacturer can claim that it is impossible for a vehicle to catch fire - the statistics show it is indeed possible.
Old 2nd October 2014, 20:49   #107

What a pathetic response! Sad that the law of the land isn't tight enough to address such irresponsible stand by manufacturers. I sincerely hope for a positive resolution in this case. Good luck mate!
Old 2nd October 2014, 21:48   #108
BANNED

Re: My Horror Story: Chevrolet Captiva on Fire!

Quote:
Here, we would like to highlight that in a vehicle burnt to such an extent it is very difficult to ascertain the root cause or the actual origination of the incidence.

But with whatever information and evidence was available for our teams to ascertain the cause of thermal incidence it seems to be a case of suspected fuel leakage which could not be attributed to a manufacturing defect in vehicle.
GM needs to be

They can say that is difficult to ascertain the root cause for this fire but they are able to suspect that it is due to fuel leakage! Feels vague and they are behaving head strong with an attitude that they make the best and safest cars in the world and NOTHING can ever go wrong with their vehicles!

The reply seems like they are just washing their hands off from this case and giving it a feel like they are not responsible for this fire and the customer can do what he wants!

Quote:
Further, we would like to inform that the technology, make-up and constitution of your vehicle is such that it is impossible for the vehicle to catch fire in such manner and circumstances as reported, unless and until supervening and extraneous factors have operated to cause the same.
LOL! May be some devil who was hiding under the hood lit the fire!

Sir, I suggest you contact the higher-up's rather than these Sales executives.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 22:06   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
GM needs to be

They can say that is difficult to ascertain the root cause for this fire but they are able to suspect that it is due to fuel leakage! Feels vague and they are behaving head strong with an attitude that they make the best and safest cars in the world and NOTHING can ever go wrong with their vehicles!

The reply seems like they are just washing their hands off from this case and giving it a feel like they are not responsible for this fire and the customer can do what he wants!

LOL! May be some devil who was hiding under the hood lit the fire!

Sir, I suggest you contact the higher-up's rather than these Sales executives.

Anurag.
Dear Anurag

Just wanted to inform that the mail from GM you have read came from the India Managing Director, Arvind Saxena's office. He was copied on the mail, so I am assuming the communication had his considered sanction.
Old 3rd October 2014, 10:40   #110
Senior - BHPian

Would concur with Anurag.

How can they not be able to determine the root cause of the fire, yet say that it was due to fuel leakage !!
And fuel leakage can occur due to ill-manufactured parts by GM, or its suppliers.
It is not that I am walking with a pin and creating leakages in fuel lines or whatever.

Disgusting response from GM !!

Like Anurag says, take it up further with GM management.
This email looks like a "template" response sent to customers. Mr. Arvind Saxena many not be obliged to read this email / take action. He must be a dummy sitting to "mark as read" such numerous emails.
There are "assistants" who manage such email accounts of MD level, etc. I am not convinced that CC'ing him ensures that he has read / directed such email.

It is now time that you take it up with Consumer Redressal Forum, or may be with a Civil / Criminal Court. This is a threat to life and can amount to "attempt to murder". GM cannot get away with lame emails.

Old 3rd October 2014, 10:49   #111
BANNED

Quote:

Just wanted to inform that the mail from GM you have read came from the India Managing Director, Arvind Saxena's office. He was copied on the mail, so I am assuming the communication had his considered sanction.
That email is a common format used for all consumer complaints. The MD of GM reading such an email and keeping quiet thinking that GM's technical team has done the best job of being the CID in this case and solving it! WOW! That guy needs to be. ..

To be frank most of the time such matters do NOT reach the top management for them to concentrate and solve the issue. I still insist on you taking it further with GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
This email looks like a "template"emails.

There are "assistants" who manage such email accounts of MD level, etc

This is a threat to life and can amount to "attempt to murder". GM cannot get away with lame emails.
Lol. I have a question for you. Can't you give Ranjan the email that you used for your car for beading rust issue?

Anurag.
Old 3rd October 2014, 11:05   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Lol. I have a question for you. Can't you give Ranjan the email that you used for your car for beading rust issue?
Anurag.
That email id is of the Zonal Area Manager, CASS.
I believe the zone is limited to South India (may be even Karnataka, not sure).

Anyways, here is the display board of higher ups in GM as displayed at Kropex Chevrolet, Bangalore.

My Horror Story: Chevrolet Captiva on Fire!-20140915_171340.jpg
Old 20th October 2014, 19:35   #113
Senior - BHPian

Today afternoon, I parked my car at the roadside in sector 93 Eldeco Studio area (where you have Easy Day super market and HDFC bank). When I came back, there was this Chevrolet Captiva cream/white, just parked behind my car with its bonnet opened and the driver was talking to this security guard of some burning smelt in the cabin. The guy was sweating and nervous what to do with the car.. I asked him what happened, and told him to relax and don't start the engine. I told him, I had heard 2 captiva's catching fire in recent times, one in Greater Noida, and another in Delhi. So, advise him to let the engine cool down, roll down all windows and if possible, call the chevrolet service center and apprise them about the situation. As I was late for my work, I drove back but did warn him not to take the burning smell/smoke in cabin lightly. His captiva was the older model (pre face lift). So apparantly, It seems like some batch had some electrical defects and GM is not doing anything, no recall or inspection.
iTNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 13:57   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Today afternoon, I parked my car at the roadside in sector 93 Eldeco Studio area (where you have Easy Day super market and HDFC bank). When I came back, there was this Chevrolet Captiva cream/white, just parked behind my car with its bonnet opened and the driver was talking to this security guard of some burning smelt in the cabin. The guy was sweating and nervous what to do with the car.. I asked him what happened, and told him to relax and don't start the engine. I told him, I had heard 2 captiva's catching fire in recent times, one in Greater Noida, and another in Delhi. So, advise him to let the engine cool down, roll down all windows and if possible, call the chevrolet service center and apprise them about the situation. As I was late for my work, I drove back but did warn him not to take the burning smell/smoke in cabin lightly. His captiva was the older model (pre face lift). So apparantly, It seems like some batch had some electrical defects and GM is not doing anything, no recall or inspection.
QUICK UPDATE: I have approached Akosha, the consumer support forum, and am preparing my case for consumer court, either in Noida or in Delhi. Any past or current unfortunate Captiva owners are welcome to join me in the cause. The insurance surveyor and the fire department, both third parties, have stated in their investigation report that wiring fault and manufacturing defect is the likely cause of fire. Chevrolet says a vehicle of "such pristine make is impossible to catch fire!"
Old 25th November 2014, 11:56   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Would concur with Anurag.

How can they not be able to determine the root cause of the fire, yet say that it was due to fuel leakage !!
And fuel leakage can occur due to ill-manufactured parts by GM, or its suppliers.
It is not that I am walking with a pin and creating leakages in fuel lines or whatever.

Disgusting response from GM !!

Like Anurag says, take it up further with GM management.
This email looks like a "template" response sent to customers. Mr. Arvind Saxena many not be obliged to read this email / take action. He must be a dummy sitting to "mark as read" such numerous emails.
There are "assistants" who manage such email accounts of MD level, etc. I am not convinced that CC'ing him ensures that he has read / directed such email.

It is now time that you take it up with Consumer Redressal Forum, or may be with a Civil / Criminal Court. This is a threat to life and can amount to "attempt to murder". GM cannot get away with lame emails.

Team-BHPians, Please sign my online petition at Change.org to help strengthen my Captiva engine fire case against General Motors. Here is the link https://www.change.org/p/general-mot...cturing-defect
Rk Ranjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 00:33   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Team-BHPians, Please sign my online petition at Change.org to help strengthen my Captiva engine fire case against General Motors. Here is the link https://www.change.org/p/general-mot...cturing-defect
Signed the petition, Ranjan.
Old 26th November 2014, 08:36   #117
BHPian

Signed the petition
Trying to spread the word among non-teambhp friends so that you get maximum support and compensation for the miserable experience you are going through.
Good luck :thumbup:
Old 26th November 2014, 11:52   #118
BHPian

Signed the petition RK. Best wishes
Old 26th November 2014, 17:13   #119
Senior - BHPian

Signed the petition.All the very best and hope the issue is solved in an amicable way.
Old 26th November 2014, 17:39   #120
BHPian

Ranjan, signed the petition..

Hope you get a swift resolution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks