Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2015, 17:51   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Windshield Experts - Pathetic quality of installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
The car went to them for a front windshield job and they have given the car a wash, polished the interiors and given the tyres a spray job as well. Cost was INR 12,212.00 versus the INR 7,741.00 given by WSE.
Extra cost paid: Rs. 4,500.
Peace of mind: Priceless.

I used to be a big advocate of WSE. Now, the progress and resolution of this issue will determine any future recommendations I make.
Old 29th May 2015, 18:41   #17
BHPian

Earlier in day today I got a call from WSE feedback department . Must be a call centre as it was as 0124 Series number . They wanted my confirmation that work was done to satisfaction and If all was fine .

I told them the story . I even asked who gets the customer service emails . She said it was their office . I asked if there was any Kapil in their office . She said Yes.

I told her I have sent all photos and my problem in detail on email which has been acknowledged by Kapil . She promised an immediate call back .

Needless to say that the call back did not happen . The Customer Feedback system is of no meaning if not acted upon . Its just to give a ' TICK ALL OK ' on the form.
Old 29th May 2015, 19:21   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a similar bad experience with Windshield Experts, Mumbai - which I mentioned on the forum here

It was resolved after my second call to their customer service helpline, where I requested to be put in touch with a manager who could actually help me with the issues. I was connected to Ms. Ruchi who helped co-ordinate and get the windshield replaced.

Similarly, in the case of the Audi - which suffered a broken rear left passenger glass - I was not very impressed by their know how when it came to removing and fixing the window. Ended up just buying the window (because of slow turn around time by Audi), and getting it fitted by someone who knew how to do it without causing further damage.

In Mumbai at least, WSE seems to be losing their quality and friendliness. I would only repeat if there are no other better options.
Old 30th May 2015, 11:41   #19
BHPian

Hello Lamborghini,

As suggested I called up WSE helpdesk once again and requested getting connected to supervisor Ruchi. I have spoken to her. My photographs had not reached her as yet. I have taken her email id and sent the same email with photos to her id as well as a link to this Team BHP link.

Let me see if she thinks the install is ok or it needs fixing . Will keep you guys posted.
manishkapadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 15:18   #20
BHPian

Update - Ruchi saw the photographs on Saturday - 30th MAY 2015. When I spoke to her she said she is not a technically qualified person to comment on them and will revert after the photos are sent to their Quality Control . She promised to get back to me on Saturday.

It didn' t happen on Saturday.

Forward to Monday - I sent a reminder email to Ruchi that she has to get back to me .
Thereafter I got a call from same WSE Andheri number . This time a guy called Rahul Pawar spoke to me saying he wants to come to inspect and fix the car. As per Ruchi this is their guy who has been with them for long.

I called up Ruchi again, asking what they want to do on the car and to put me a mail about it . Though she didn' t put an email she said this was so that Rahul can see if the same is fine and what can be done about it.

Rahul Pawar Visited my home at about noon . His observations as under.

1. Windshield is installed perfectly.
2. The Gap that I and others are seeing is because of Camera Angle and its really a non issue . Rubber beading is slightly down and not at same level because the Windshield is put hard and tight.
3. All EONS are like this only.
4. Even if the Windshield is removed and they manage to install on a new Rubber Beading the gap between Rubber and Glass will remain.
5. My Car is old.
6. They don' t have the Rubber beading and even if I requested change they will have to source it from somewhere.
7. Water will not get inside from there though I see a gap.

I updated Ruchi about this on phone . She said let Rahul take photos of the car and send it to them . I said OK. She spoke to Rahul as well ( On My Phone ).

Rahul tells me that there is no need for him to take any photos whatsoever and leaves . He said he will inform the needed.

I called up Ruchi and by the time I tell her Rahul has left my premise , he was already seated in his Autorickshaw back to wherever he wanted to go.

Ruchi again told me that she will get back to me tomorrow .

Needless to say I don' t really expect much out of this now . If their expert feels its ok then what more can be said. Though Ruchi would get back I just expect his incident to be closed at their end without a satisfactory resolution.
Old 1st June 2015, 19:01   #21
BHPian

This is simply beating around the bush.
I don't get what is stopping you from doing a quick pitstop check at your nearest Authorized Service Center. You can do tons of comparison/checks with similar cars which have been dropped off for service, and also click a lot of snaps from all angles for your own satisfaction.
You can also pull in a senior mechanic and ask him your doubts. The service center will definitely guide you to a better opinion.
Old 1st June 2015, 19:43   #22
BHPian

More comparisons are not even needed . This is not right . Period. I was just hoping that they would fix it post escalations . Didn' t happen . Lesson Learnt . I will get it sorted elsewhere .
Old 24th April 2017, 20:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Update:

I decided to get the Accord's windshield replaced as it had developed two large cracks near the bottom of the driver as well as passenger side.

Called up WSE in Gurgaon and they quoted 3k charge, rest to be claimed under insurance.

After reaching their place at the appointed time, the insurance claim process took a couple of hours with the surveyor finally getting a live video feed of the car from one of the workshop staff. WTF?

The glass, promised to be in stock, wasn't at the shop, even though I had fixed the appointment a couple of days in advance. So after the surveyor gave his approval, someone went to fetch the glass.

After more than an hour the guy came back with the glass. It was Asahi, so I assume the quality should be OEM like.

Replacement took minutes, but the rubber beading was not sealed properly. I took it back today and showedhim the beading coming off and also there is a slat in the beading that sits over the windshield. My argument was the beading should sit flush with the glass, but it's raised now. However he denied any issues and said all Accords are like that.

He did reseal the loose beading but I doubt if the beading has been seated correctly, or rather the glass has been seated in the beading correctly.

Overall not much impressed. Now that my old policy has expired and I have claimed the front windshield from it, am planning to get the rear windshield replaced under the new policy. This time I shall try Honda first.
Old 29th November 2020, 12:08   #24
BHPian

I’m having a similar pathetic experience with their Center in Pune.

It clearly seems like a typical Delhi based scam job. They’re indirectly pushing AIS or some Chinese glass forcibly upon customers and charging a bomb from the insurance companies at different rates.

First they proudly advertise “ANY CAR, ANY GLASS” but when I enquired about my Passat they disappeared with no response for 2 days. After multiple follow ups they said they have only Chinese glass of “XYG” brand. When I insisted on OEM they first said they don’t have it and on further insistence they suggested I pay an extra “betterment charges” from my own pocket to bear their transport expenses from one city to another (most ridiculous suggestion). After that again after much follow up and insistence they said they cannot procure the glass. I said they can procure it from VW A.S.S. in Pune itself. On that they again they gave misleading info that VW will not sell the glass. I offered to speak to VW and get the glass arranged which they agreed. Now after I did that, again they’ve disappeared with no further contact or information.

Also their website does not list any escalation numbers or contact details of their senior executives so you’re left to deal with either the local shop owners or the useless customer service.

As far as my work goes, it’s still stuck with no response from anyone in WE.
great_guns is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks