Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2015, 20:31   #1
BHPian

Windshield Experts - Pathetic quality of installation

Hi,

I am not usually the person to rant or have such a negative opinion about someone . But what I experienced today from so called experts is not funny.
Now I do not know if I am being paranoid or this is just the way it should be.

I had an incident ( Mango fall on car windshield ) which needed a glass replacement on my wifes Hyundai Eon Car. I called up Hyundai who had quoted about 5.5 K and Then WSE which quoted about 4.7K .
Since I didn't want to claim insurance and that the WSE centre was not too far from where I stay I thought I will give it to them.

Note that they used same AIS glass as Hyundai does but quality of work is so shabby. I have attached picture . Firstly on the inside they have scratched the dashboard on the edges . That itself looks bad .

On the outside it seems that they have not put any sealant on the outside of the glass . Now I am showing the guy at WSE the photograph of the car taken before the glass replacement . I can clearly notice the black line . OR that the rubber is in close contact with the glass .

After the work he they have done there is a gap and It shows . Notice the dirty portion . I am insisting that there has to be a rubber over there .

They say that EON does not have a rubber on the outside windshield area .
I argued and argued but no avail .
He said that inside dashboard scratches were his mistake and he offered 10% discount for the same. That's not the point .

They are supposed to be experts . The quality of work was like roadside garage. Not that they are bad . Some may even do a better job.

Now you guys tell me am I exaggerating Or this is how it is.
Note that I have done windshield replacements on my previous cars as well ( in company ) and each time I could not make out if any work was done at all.

Any guy who owns an EON Can they confirm about the rubber thing on top of glass ! I had to pick up my kid and had to leave . The WSE guy there said that if Hyundai confirms that there is a rubber on top of the glass then he will take windshield back and refund .

May be there is no rubber which comes on top of the glass . But definitely something is there on the sides which they have not done . On top of that they said that what I am seeing is just Dirt / Rust.

Also Bhpians please give me a solution what can I do for fixing this .
I will never use WSE again .
Attached Thumbnails
Windshield Experts - Pathetic quality of installation-eon_before.jpg  

Windshield Experts - Pathetic quality of installation-eon_after.jpg  

manishkapadia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 21:00   #2
BHPian

re: Windshield Experts - Pathetic quality of installation

I can clearly see a gap in the pic with new windshield and some material on border of the older windshield

I wonder how can wse deny even after seeing the picture of old windhshield
Old 27th May 2015, 21:50   #3
BHPian

The gap is clearly visible buddy. And how come there won't be any rubber on the windshield sides, ask him? If there is no casing on the windshield than there may be water leakage problem. He is surely taking you for a ride buddy. I think he has damaged the rubber while taking off the old windshield.

I am attaching my EON's pic for your reference. If you need more clear pic then i'll tell my brother to click one tomorrow and i'll post it for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Windshield Experts - Pathetic quality of installation-1.jpg  

Last edited by ampere : 27th May 2015 at 22:01. Reason: Formatted Post
Singh09 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 22:52   #4
BHPian

Can you send me a more zoomed up picture if possible . I have written to windshield experts corporate with the attached photos and a link to this thread . I know that they have messed here but what to do if they just do not listen or agree. I have offered them to make this good and do a proper install with the correct rubber seals at my location.

I am hoping that they actually contact me to get this sorted.

Last edited by manishkapadia : 27th May 2015 at 23:14. Reason: Modification
Old 28th May 2015, 11:30   #5
BHPian

A person working with car winfshields all through the day is denying even after seeing the pictures when the rubber beading was present

I mean how worst can it get?

No zoomed picture is even needed to see rubber beading. Its clearly visible with the current pictures uploaded

Do all these so called experts think its so easy to fool people?

I just hope wse accepts it did a mistake and do the needful because frankly they have nothing to argue in this matter
Old 28th May 2015, 11:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

That is completely unprofessional job by WSE. I have got my windshield replaced twice form WSE and they completed it as per my satisfaction.

You must take it up with them and get it rectified.
Old 28th May 2015, 12:12   #7
BHPian

I am attaching herewith photograph of scratch made on the Driver A pillar side . Similar scratches are there on the black dashboard towards the end , but my phone camera cannot focus there , will post them later if I can get a proper shot. They didn't even deny the scratches.

I have already escalated this to WSE by emailing them on customercare@windshieldexperts.com . Let me see if they respond or look at this thread. So far neither my email has been responded nor I have got a call back . I will wait for a day or two to hear from them.
Attached Thumbnails
Windshield Experts - Pathetic quality of installation-scratch_dash.jpg  

manishkapadia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 12:35   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Windshield Experts - Pathetic quality of installation

That is one shabby install. You should have refused to take delivery of the car. Looks like windshield experts is learning a thing or two from the road-side repair shops.

Get it fixed immediately, as the monsoons are just around the corner. An improper windshield install will result in water leakage.

I recently used their services and have to admit, there was a lot more back & forth than expected. My driver spent the entire afternoon at the shop and returned because they still hadn't completed the cars on hand.

Charges have gone up too? Before, I remember, the deductible used to be between Rs. 1,000 - 1,400 (insurance claimed). This time, it was more like 3,000.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 14:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

the scratches are due to tools used to cut through the beading. They use piercing tool and use wire to cut the beading. Scratch is unavoidable (unless they treat like their own car). It is better to stick with A.S.S. itself. I got scratch on the sunfilm when i got mine replaced at local garage.

Last edited by Eddy : 1st June 2015 at 10:51. Reason: Corrected typo
kutlee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 15:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

My Bro in law had a not so good experience with WSE at Bangalore, Dickenson road a couple of years ago. He had to get the Front windscreen replaced for his Laura. They charged some 2-3k lesser than the A.S.S, but made them wait for about 6-8 hours. When they fixed the appointment in the morning, they were told that the glass was in stock and they can get the car. But when they went there, they came to know that the stock was still awaited.
I think the job was not shabby as such, but they were made to unnecessarily wait, which spoiled their impression and mine about WSE. Not recommending them to anyone anymore after your incident.
hrman is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 15:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Gosh, What timing Manish. I was just going to give my Honda City to WSE at Mahim. They quoted me INR 7741.00 for my Honda City GXI 2004 model.

The behavior of a Mr. Suhas who is the centre Manager at the Mahim outlet has been completely unprofessional. Since the last ten days he has been promising me to get the work done and giving flimsy excuses for not doing so.

Your thread is the final nail in the coffin so to speak, now I will give my car to Apex Honda at Worli. Their work has been quite satisfactory so far as I give my Civic there for servicing as well. Honda will be around three to four thousand rupees more, but, peace of mind is better than this uncertainty.

Hope your issue gets resolved soonest.
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 16:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

That looks like a bad seal. If they dont respond, here is a quick fix.

1. Buy Silicone RTV Black 300 gms (Rs. 300 maximum)
2. Apply on the outside yourself. Its like sticky plastersine/ plah-dough
3. Let the glue cure for 24 hours.
AbhiJ is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 17:33   #13
BHPian

Hi Cyborg,

Avoid giving it to WSE. The cost saving is just not worth it. They have not got back nor called, though I got an E-Mail read confirmation in the morning.

They are either too busy or simply do not care.

AbhiJ - I will try your fix or get this seal done from outside in a proper way. As GTO said there isn' t much time for monsoons, So this will get fixed in this weekend, either by WSE or someone else.

This Week I did two car related visits at two different shops for totally different kind of jobs, and the experience at both has been exactly poles apart. Both experiences are logged in here at Team-BHP.
manishkapadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 16:59   #14
BHPian

Any response from WSE regarding the issue?

They should atleast have the courtesy to know the actual matter direct from you
Old 29th May 2015, 17:36   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Hi Cyborg, Avoid giving it to WSE. The cost saving is just not worth it. They have not got back nor called, though I got an E-Mail read confirmation in the morning
You bet Manish! After reading your experience, I gave my car to Apex Honda (Worli) at 1700 hrs yesterday.

Just collected my car from them. Perfect job, appearance wise at least. The acid test will be when the rains begin shortly. But, I do not feel there should be any problem, the work is very clean.

The car went to them for a front windshield job and they have given the car a wash, polished the interiors and given the tyres a spray job as well. Cost was INR 12,212.00 versus the INR 7,741.00 given by WSE. Totally worth it.

Let us know how your work progresses pal.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks