Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2009, 18:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Theres no such thing as an ideal suspension. Every owner has his own choice of setup.

If you dont like the way your car has been setup by the manufacturer, you can always get it altered. I got it done on my OHC and am very happy with it.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 29th April 2009 at 18:27.
Old 29th April 2009, 18:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
The scope of dicussion is very wide here. You have broadly 4 types of suspension systems-

1. Passive
2. Adaptive
3. Semi Active
4. Active

Passive is what you have in most of the cars. All mcpherson structs, double wish bone, multi link etc come uner this category. The rest three are limited to luxury cars. S class, BMW 7 series have active suspension. Semi active and adaptive is available on vehicles like Toyota Landcruiser 100, etc

Among passive suspension, the cars which most of us use, it all depends upon proper optimisation of suspension. PSA peugeot is know for its ability to provide best optimised passive suspension.

p.s- If the aim of the discussion is to find out best handling or ride comfort car, then the only way is to drive it and feel it or ask your best friend:-)

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 29th April 2009 at 18:24.
Old 29th April 2009, 19:41   #18
BHPian

For most of the cars we drive, a soft suspension means more comfort over potholes. But that also means handling suffers. If you take a corner at speed you would feel the car roll.
Old 30th April 2009, 16:00   #19
BHPian

A small but serious mistake.
The corrected post is given below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiarider View Post
Hi friends.

Recently few of my friends have been mentioning that their cars suspension is superior due to so and so reason. I just want to know if this is infact true ?
I am summing up the discussion

Suspension of following cars seems like a class apart (from that of similar segment cars)
Hyundai Accent
Mahindra Logan
Optra Magnum LT
These car have gas filled shock absorbers while the rest of the pack (Fabia, Octavia, Suzuki series etc) have oil filled shock absorbers. Due to this reason traveling in these cars on potholed roads is a different experience altogether. Which one is the most comfortable suspension system for indian conditions ? Some Luxury cars do have active suspensions, there is also talk suspensions made by BOSE corp, but these are a different category as such.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks