Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2016, 16:09   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Toyota India's Extended Warranty Plans & Pricing - Up to 7 years of coverage

Am a big fan of extended warranties (related thread) and am pleased to see such long duration options being offered in India. Toyota earlier offered no extended coverage over their 3 year / 100,000 km standard warranty.

Hyundai was the first to sell warranties up to 5 years (link), BMW up to 6 years (link) and Honda up to 7 years (link).

As always, I recommend buying the maximum available coverage for your car . Have always done so for all my rides.

Toyota India's Extended Warranty Plans & Pricing - Up to 7 years of coverage-timeless-waranty-price-list-09062016page001.jpg

Toyota India's Extended Warranty Plans & Pricing - Up to 7 years of coverage-timeless-waranty-price-list-09062016page002.jpg

Toyota India's Extended Warranty Plans & Pricing - Up to 7 years of coverage-true-warranty-price-list-04062016page001.jpg

Toyota India's Extended Warranty Plans & Pricing - Up to 7 years of coverage-toyota-common-flyer-service_june-14page001.jpg

Toyota India's Extended Warranty Plans & Pricing - Up to 7 years of coverage-toyota-common-flyer-service_june-14page002.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 20th June 2016 at 13:49.
GTO is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 16:12   #2
BHPian

No Corolla in this sheet ?
LonelyPlanet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 16:16   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota India's Extended Warranty Plans & Pricing - Up to 7 years of coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
No Corolla in this sheet ?
Have asked Toyota about the Corolla, Fortuner & Camry. Will update.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 16:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Great move by Toyota. Hope others follow.

I have a question though. Can one take extended warranty for the 6th and 7th year in the 5th year, when the car is not under initial warranty?
Old 18th June 2016, 16:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota India's Extended Warranty Plans & Pricing - Up to 7 years of coverage

What is the difference between:

1) Toyota True Warranty
2) Toyota Timeless Warranty: Regular Service
3) Toyota Timeless Warranty: Irregular Service

Also is the cost of total 7years warranty = Toyota True Warranty+Timeless Warranty?

The chart is confusing for me :-/

Edit:

True warranty is additional 2 year extension of standard warranty? I guess so. So one has to choose a scheme from Average Running or High Running or Very High Running. And the pricing varies according to the month the warranty is purchased in from the first month of ownership.

Timeless Warranty Regular and Irregular is still not understood.

Last edited by Sankar : 18th June 2016 at 17:05.
Old 18th June 2016, 17:03   #6
BHPian

Just spoke with Millenium Toyota about this for my Etios D. They are aware of the plan but don't have the details as yet.
Old 18th June 2016, 17:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

this is awesome - always a big fan of extended warranties - Have bought them for everything that I have for which it is available - electronics etc.

It takes a real commitment to collect maintenence data and crunch them to form a feasible offer which works out for both the manufactuer and the user - and for toyota, you can be sure they will honor it fairly.

For those of us who would rather buy a car with their head, we now have one reason less not to buy a toyota!
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 01:29   #8
BHPian

Local Toyota Dealer called me and offered 2 year/1.8Lakh km extended warranty and I am taking it. So I am going to have warranty upto 5 years. How can I buy warranty for 6th & 7th Year. This is confusing.

Last edited by GTO : 20th June 2016 at 13:51. Reason: Typos
kunaldhami is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 20th June 2016, 13:56   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

NOTE: Updated the price list in the opening post with all models!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Toyota Timeless Warranty: Regular Service
3) Toyota Timeless Warranty: Irregular Service
Similar to Honda's 7 year plan, they charge more for warranty if your car hasn't been serviced at the exact intervals.

Quote:
The chart is confusing for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
This is confusing.
Please see updated chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
this is awesome - always a big fan of extended warranties - Have bought them for everything that I have for which it is available - electronics etc.
Likewise. My laptop has a 5 year warranty and my smartphone a 3 year package (max offered by their respective manufacturers).
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 14:14   #10
BHPian

Yes for Innova Crysta I have been told its 31395.00 (inc of taxes) for upto 5th year and 1.8Lakh km.

EDIT :

Just saw updated charts.

So, currently if I buy 5Year/1.8Lakh Km True Warranty package along with vehicle delivery, buying 6th & 7 year Timeless warranty package will cost me another 32100 + taxes but this Timeless warranty package has upper limit of only 1.4Lakh Kms.

And does anyone know difference between True Warranty & Timeless Warranty in terms of covered spares?
Asking this becayse in True warranty its written as "Coverage same as Standard Manufacture Warranty" & in Timeless warranty they have vaguely written "maximum coverage of parts".

Last edited by kunaldhami : 20th June 2016 at 14:29.
Old 20th June 2016, 16:13   #11
BHPian

I am still confused! Simple question, if I want 7 years warranty for my car with whatever is the minimum running required (20,000?) what price do I need to pay? Can anyone please advise? Car is a month old.
Old 20th June 2016, 16:36   #12
BHPian

That is a great move by Toyota India. Now looking forward for the extended warranty on my Fortuner 2012 model. It was just a bit scary while running your vehicle after warranty has elapsed, will surely help a lot of owners who have been worshipping their vehicles with regular servicings.
Old 20th June 2016, 17:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Toyota earlier offered no extended coverage over their 3 year / 100,000 km standard warranty.
Thanks for sharing this GTO. Not that I feel dejected about it, I unfortunately can't get any extended warranty on my car since I am out of options for my Fortuner (current Odo above 1.4L Kms in Timeless Warranty and no option to buy very-high-running True Warranty since it can only be done under the condition of vehicle to be under Toyota warranty at this moment).

IMO, there aren't many parts that can fail in a properly maintained Toyota. The biggest expense I can see coming on to me is the Turbo Overhaul (unavoidable based on the vehicle running, although there is no sign of Turbo failure so far and 30 sec Idling Rule has been followed religiously by rhandle as well as me). It would have been cool to buy the timeless warranty for my car, to cover expense as this potential Turbo failure, however I still don't see much of a difference in that situation as well since the warranty would have costed me INR 43,200 and while the full Turbo replacement cost is 1.5 Lakh rupees, there is a Toyota Turbo overhaul kit available for INR 35,000. So, effectively very little risk in not having the warranty. A few other items which can be expensive to replace are the clutch and suspension. Nothing to worry there too, my car's clutch was replaced just 2k kms before I bought it from rhandle and Ironman setup on my car is in tip-top shape anyway.

Rest all components feel like they are built-to-last in Fortuner and should last me a long time to come.

All potential expenses related to maintenance were taken into consideration while buying a pre-owned car and I am mentally prepared to spend some money on regular wear-n-tear items on my car. However, still can't imagine any big expense coming up in short to medium term. That's the beauty of owning an old school Toyota.
Old 20th June 2016, 17:34   #14
BANNED

They have a hidden agenda. Force you to follow their service schedule, in toto, and naturally pay for it.
sgiitk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 10:54   #15
BHPian

My running has been now approx 20K in 2.4 years so i guess will opt for regular 4&5 total warranty with 1 lac running.
Thanks GTO for sharing

//RJ

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks