Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2016, 11:59   #16
BHPian

re: Bumper.com - Dent repair, paint jobs & more in Bangalore. EDIT: Closed down

In their website, they have mentioned 3 garage locations (Kudlu Gate, Whitefield & Banaswadi). Mine was taken to Banaswadi location garage.
Old 25th December 2016, 00:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
STAY AWAY FROM THEM

I have had very bad experience with this guys. After going through some of the reviews here, given my car for front left fender dent removal & painting.
Now I am waiting for morning call on their final decision. Please advice on how to take this forward? Is there any higher management contacts you guys can help me with?
Any updates on how they went forward?

Eager to know since my car is going through a full body respray along with a change in color!
Old 25th December 2016, 05:28   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I really don't know why one would go to someone like this when one already knows that there are good resources available, like Trend Automobiles and Sai Colorium and so on.
I would even think the authorised garage would be a better bet than some incompetent "aggregator" of services of this kind.
Very clearly once they get under pressure they will resort to all sorts of tactics to get you to spend more, so that their own relevance goes up!
Old 26th December 2016, 12:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post

Eager to know since my car is going through a full body respray along with a change in color!
They fixed and painted the RH side running board at their cost and asked me to pay 1600 for fixing & painting the LH side front fender again. I agreed and job was completed.

Oh boy such a shoddy job it was, hand mark all over the place. Running board paint color not matched properly with car color . Didn't want to go through the same ordeal with them again and just took the delivery.
Old 6th January 2017, 20:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I really don't know why one would go to someone like this when one already knows that there are good resources available, like Trend Automobiles and Sai Colorium and so on.
I would even think the authorised garage would be a better bet than some incompetent "aggregator" of services of this kind.
Very clearly once they get under pressure they will resort to all sorts of tactics to get you to spend more, so that their own relevance goes up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post

Last week one gentleman from bumper got in touch with me. He wanted to fix a meeting and talk about my experience with them. Initially I was reluctant, since these types of calls I have experienced so far are of customary feedback one's. But this person was persistent and followed up with me number of times.

So today I met him at a coffee shop. He is also a car enthusiast like us, looks like he is taking care of multiple responsibilities like quality, customer experience, promotion,etc.. He was very polite and attentive to what I have to say. He has listened to my complete story & apologized for the experience I had with bumper.

He said mine was a rare case where customer was not happy/satisfied and bumper wants to make sure each and every customer they service have a great experience/relationship with them. He has taken feedback from me on what and all went wrong in my case and what they can work/improve on.

They have initiated a complete refund of amount paid so far And offered to repaint the car again free of cost to my satisfaction I have told him that once me/car is free, will contact him and fix an appointment to repaint the car.

Also on bumper acting as a mere aggregator part,he clarified that they are only renting space in existing garages. Having their own people/equipment's/material and the people are trained by reputed brands like GM/PPK/etc..

So I am giving them benefit of doubt that mine was one in a million case. Hope they do take care of their future customers.
sbalagru6 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 17:13   #21
BHPian

Keep away from bumper.com. I just got my Santro painted for full body and it was a horrible experience.
Multiple issues -
a) Color shade different. Seems like they are color blind. No color matching process
b) Plastics damaged. Steering wheel, driver side door hand rest all scratched.
c) All door handles has become double shade, may be due to some masking stickers. But the deep black color has changed to double shades
d) They don't paint inside the door frames for full body paint. So, you see old paint and new paint when you open the door.
e) No commitment to timelines. It was supposed to be a 2-3 weeks work, and now it is over 5 weeks when I got the car today, with all these damages.
f) Finally, absolutely zero QA check. We need to find issues and tell them, and even then they don't care about it.

Overall workmanship is horrible.
You are better off paying 10-15K more and get it done by company showroom.
I never thought they will be such a crap team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I don't think getting the entire car painted is a good idea unless you had a major accident. Any way body work in most of the workshops in Bangalore is a hit or a miss. Sometimes you will get good results sometimes bad from the same workshop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
The end result wasn't good enough either. Masking of rubber parts wasn't done and paint over spray was still visible.

If a workshop has a permanent painter and denter then usually the quality tends to be the same. The problem arises when there are floating employees.
I did the cardinal mistake of doing the full body paint with bumper.com. Too many issues and delays as I posted earlier. I should have checked this thread before jumping in. They don't seem to care a bit about the other parts of the car. Horrible workmanship.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th July 2017 at 09:09. Reason: merging back to back posts
samm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 16:32   #22
BHPian

Update on my Santro -
Bumper.com cleaned up some of the mess in terms of unpainted areas, so now the double shade issue is sorted out. There are some more issues, which they have promised to resolve.

One great thing about bumper.com, which I shared with them also, is their customer service. Continuously engaging with me, and listening to the issues. Need to see how many of these gets resolved. At the very least, there is response and willingness to address issues.

Will update again once everything is sorted out. Hopefully, everything gets resolved, so that I can try my luck with Innova bumper repairs!

Last edited by samm : 29th May 2017 at 16:33.
samm is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks