Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2017, 18:21   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Not-so-major accident in Mercedes E-Class. 15 lakh rupees & 6 months before car returns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
I have gotten items for free...store is willing to make things better for the customer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
I agree to your point...positive outcomes for some of my friends.
Here's a positive outcome after 3 years for you guys - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...mer-court.html

3 years!! God knows how much of anxiety, tension & stress that owner had to undergo for just a Lakh & Rs 5000!!
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 01:09   #92

Re: Not-so-major accident in Mercedes E-Class. 15 lakh rupees & 6 months before car returns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Hello Soumya, good to see you here since you can clarify things better here and get your queries answered too.
My father's response:

"
I respect the views of this BHPian who is a technical expert. I have no technical knowledge (I am a Chartered Accountant). I had mentioned this just to show that the impact was very low. Having seen the barricade (not the stone) before the collusion, I had applied the breaks and the impact was not much to rip off the under body completely.

However we had two experiences with the active bonnet system in the past.

a) Within the first month after taking delivery of the vehicle a dog hit the front bumper when we were on a single lane road between Madurai and Rameswaram. The traffic was high and we had reduced speed considerably when we entered this road from the highway. The bonnett was raised about 6 inches near the windshield. As we were not knowing any thing about this feature we called Mercedes road side assistance. They sent a tow vehicle and we had to take the car to their Madurai dealer who rectified it without charging anything. They also told us we ourselves can deactivate it (this is not easy for me).

In another case with the same car when my daughter was driving from Salem to Bangalore on the highway the car hit a relatively small stone which was left by some trucks after a tyre change or so. The active bonnet system activated but we noticed that only while parking the car. The next day I drove the car to Sundaram motors in Bangalore and they rectified the same within few minutes.

Last edited by ampere : 11th February 2017 at 02:01. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
soumna is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks