Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2017, 14:58   #16
BANNED

Re: How I got Honda to sell me spare parts over-the-counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramgkulkarni View Post
Ya this looks like a Honda only issue. Maruthi Suzuki sells all original parts online. You can pick up the drive shaft assembly online.

I guess Honda wants owners to service their vehicle only in their service centers.
Maruti has become a commodity vehicle. Most good car part dealers carry the printed catalogues. I think most other firms are reluctant to sell spares over the counter. After all there are hefty margins to be earned. I am aware of many of the better car parts dealerships managing to get Honda (or for that matter any!) car parts.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 15:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am aware of many of the better car parts dealerships managing to get Honda (or for that matter any!) car parts.
Agree.
I managed to find front strut mount (in Honda packing and made in Thailand) at 50% of the price quoted by the dealership.

Thanks.
vaasu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 20:17   #18
BHPian

Can I request the Dealer to share with me the Complete price list of spare parts? So that its easy for us to compare the prices outside. Just a thought.
Old 1st February 2017, 20:36   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
Can I request the Dealer to share with me the Complete price list of spare parts? So that its easy for us to compare the prices outside. Just a thought.
Yes, why not. I have done this many times. It would be better if you list down required part numbers in advance and just ask them to provide prices of these part numbers. I always keep civic parts catalog handy with me. Let me know if you need a copy of same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Maruti has become a commodity vehicle. Most good car part dealers carry the printed catalogues. I think most other firms are reluctant to sell spares over the counter. After all there are hefty margins to be earned. I am aware of many of the better car parts dealerships managing to get Honda (or for that matter any!) car parts.
So far I have not come across any dealer who can provide original Honda parts, at least in Pune. Possible to share such dealers details with us?

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd February 2017 at 22:58. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
techcoze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 23:04   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
So far I have not come across any dealer who can provide original Honda parts, at least in Pune. Possible to share such dealers details with us?
From my search on the forum I can think of Shetty Motors (Opera House) Mumbai is the closet to Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
From my search on the forum I can think of Shetty Motors (Opera House) Mumbai is the closet to Pune.
Quote:
I always keep civic parts catalog handy with me. Let me know if you need a copy of same.
Unfortunately I have sold the Civic and bought a City ZX. Petrol costs were not friendly with my meager salary. :(

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd February 2017 at 22:57. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
KaandBaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 00:22   #21
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes, why not. I have done this many times. It would be better if you list down required part numbers in advance and just ask them to provide prices of these part numbers. I always keep civic parts catalog handy with me. Let me know if you need a copy of same.
Hey Techoze - Congrats on getting a favourable reply! I am also a fellow Civic owner, 2009, Facelifted S-Variant. Could you share your parts catalog with me as I also intend to get some spares over the counter from Linkway Honda, following this order.

Also, to get the spares, do I need to just show them this thread?

Thanks.
Old 2nd February 2017, 00:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
Is it only Honda that refuses (refused) to give OEM posts? I wasn't aware of any other OEM who would give the parts over the counter for fitment elsewhere. Please do correct me if I am wrong.
Maruti Suzuki sells parts over the counter to anyone. No proof of ownership required and they're very helpful in locating the exact part number in their service manual and checking availability in their database.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 01:07   #23
BHPian

I don't know why most of the other manufacturers show all this fuss regarding over the counter sales of spares and parts.

This is how I order parts at my MASS. - via WhatsApp message to the SA

Another option is to walk into the MGP store.
Attached Thumbnails
How I got Honda to sell me spare parts over-the-counter-20170202_010449collage.jpg  

Ramon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 02:12   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Honda car service centers refused to even sell a oil filter, but they gave me one after I told them that I needed it for a cross country road trip.(They gave the additional oil filter, only after getting oil changed from their service center, but I brought my own Shell oil).

Honda 2 wheelers service centers on the other had do sell spares, but they pressure you to service in their service centers(Which I would have, except that they keep giving free scratches,dents,loose bolts for each visit).

Last edited by aim120 : 2nd February 2017 at 02:13.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 09:46   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
Is it only Honda that refuses (refused) to give OEM posts? I wasn't aware of any other OEM who would give the parts over the counter for fitment elsewhere. Please do correct me if I am wrong.
Hyundai did sell parts over the counter before. Suddenly about 6 months back, they stopped selling parts over the counter to owners except taxis. You did not get the part warranty or fitment warranty of 6 months in that case. I regularly visit Modi Hyundai located nearby.

When they did sell them over the counter, all you had to do was give the parts guy your VIN number and he would pull up the parts diagram and ask you which part you wanted.

Despite this, there are a couple of shops that source OEM parts for me in a matter of hours. For the more unusual parts it takes a day at most. Unlike the service centre which takes anywhere between a week and 10 days for any part not in stock.
They too ask for my VIN since they don't want anyone to come back and return them saying they don't fit.

Last edited by hrbheda : 2nd February 2017 at 09:54.
Old 2nd February 2017, 10:24   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasu View Post
Agree.
I managed to find front strut mount (in Honda packing and made in Thailand) at 50% of the price quoted by the dealership.
Typically the outside prices are about 30% below the company prices.
Quote:
What are Original Honda Parts. Almost all parts are bought in. So whether you get Part A with the company sticker or the OEM sticker, how does it matter. Most decent part vendors source the stuff from the company OEM.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 10:35   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

What's the big deal about this thread? I dont think Honda has any role to play in this. I'm not able to understand the fuss...

I've been buying spares for my Civic for over a year from the authorised dealers here.

I've purchased brake rotors and pads (to just stock them and use them when I need it), clutch, flywheel, suspension mounts, tie rod ends, ball joints, driveshafts, head gasket and so many other parts from Trident Honda Mysore Road, Bangalore.

Similarly, my tuner has picked up more than a lakh worth of parts for his various Honda Citys.

The only thing is, they open a job card for my car, bill the parts, we transfer the money online and go there and pick up everything.

PS: I've never had to give a declaration or sign anything! No proof of ownership required either....
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 10:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Could you share your parts catalog with me as I also intend to get some spares over the counter from Linkway Honda, following this order.

Also, to get the spares, do I need to just show them this thread?
Please find attached Civic parts catalog PDF. Yes, you can show this thread, especially emails snaps from Honda India. You might have to force them a bit since this is not open rule communicated with all HASS, so will surely take some amount of pressure to get parts just for first time.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Civic parts catalogue.pdf (13.82 MB, 9506 views)
Old 3rd February 2017, 12:01   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Please find attached Civic parts catalog PDF. Yes, you can show this thread, especially emails snaps from Honda India. You might have to force them a bit since this is not open rule communicated with all HASS, so will surely take some amount of pressure to get parts just for first time.
Thanks for sharing this, but I am having a hard time viewing the document. Am I the only one facing the issue?

Regards
Jaffer
Old 3rd February 2017, 12:05   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslamjaffer View Post
Thanks for sharing this, but I am having a hard time viewing the document. Am I the only one facing the issue?

Regards
Jaffer
You mean the document is not opening up, or, you are not able to navigate in document to find required part? Document is opening up on my side here, using windows machine, acrobat reader
techcoze is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks