Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2017, 22:00   #16

Re: Need advice: My new Honda Jazz has a faulty (wavy) windscreen

BHPians,

Thank you all for your advice.

As of now the status is that we have written an official email to Honda, explaining the situation and expressing our disappointment over the whole experience and dealer's causality over the issue. Honda reverted back to us and said that they have raised the issue with the dealer and thereafter I should deal with the dealer directly, if the dealer doesn't respond as per our satisfaction then we should get back to Honda.

In my first post I never shared with you all how the dealer responded to the issue, let me share this with you all now,

So after the issue was confirmed by the sales guy, they were so casual about the whole thing, going on about their business, entertaining the new clients so that they could meet their sales targets, no one cared about us. We kept asking the sales guy what should we do next? When we asked them to call the manager they said, she is off duty now and will only be available tomorrow. His reply was to take the car and bring it back next morning, it was closing time and they couldn't do anything then. When we insisted that how can he recommend us to drive a car with a windscreen that doesn't let me see properly, isn't it dangerous and life threatening? He had no answer. They just did not seem to be bothered that a customer was handed a faulty car and very easily tried to convince that it would be changed later. As if it is very common and its no big deal to change the part of a brand new undriven car since it was customer's bad luck. I cant believe these same set of people were chasing us moments before the issue was spotted to give them a 10/10 review.

My wife and I strongly feel now that the dealer/Honda should compensate us for this awful experience, along with the replacement of the windscreen and a written word on the windscreen.

My sales guy called me today regarding the same and when I insisted that I wont go ahead until he compensates me for this experience he said that his manager is on holiday today and he can only get back to us on this when she is available tomorrow. So another day gone!
Old 19th April 2017, 12:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwicker View Post
BHPians,

Thank you all for your advice.

As of now the status is that we have written an official email to Honda, explaining the situation and expressing our disappointment over the whole experience and dealer's causality over the issue. Honda reverted back to us and said that they have raised the issue with the dealer and thereafter I should deal with the dealer directly, if the dealer doesn't respond as per our satisfaction then we should get back to Honda.

In my first post I never shared with you all how the dealer responded to the issue, let me share this with you all now,

So after the issue was confirmed by the sales guy, they were so casual about the whole thing, going on about their business, entertaining the new clients so that they could meet their sales targets, no one cared about us. We kept asking the sales guy what should we do next? When we asked them to call the manager they said, she is off duty now and will only be available tomorrow. His reply was to take the car and bring it back next morning, it was closing time and they couldn't do anything then. When we insisted that how can he recommend us to drive a car with a windscreen that doesn't let me see properly, isn't it dangerous and life threatening? He had no answer. They just did not seem to be bothered that a customer was handed a faulty car and very easily tried to convince that it would be changed later. As if it is very common and its no big deal to change the part of a brand new undriven car since it was customer's bad luck. I cant believe these same set of people were chasing us moments before the issue was spotted to give them a 10/10 review.

My wife and I strongly feel now that the dealer/Honda should compensate us for this awful experience, along with the replacement of the windscreen and a written word on the windscreen.

My sales guy called me today regarding the same and when I insisted that I wont go ahead until he compensates me for this experience he said that his manager is on holiday today and he can only get back to us on this when she is available tomorrow. So another day gone!
That is one awful experience for someone investing their hard earned money to be treated that way.Keep your calm, wait for the manager to return,when she does talk to her about it and put forward the treatment meted out to you.
For sure i would feel terrible if this happened to me,heck i get so paranoid as i am going through my purchase of a second hand car, for a new car i would be pulling my hair out.

Windsheild replacement is fairly routine job and the number of times it gets replaced,the person replacing it has already garnered enough experience to do it perfectly. Don't fret about the post replacement worries,they will be none.
Old 19th April 2017, 13:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Keep calm and replace the windshield.
In the meanwhile write an email to Honda and if possible send a tweet.
This usually results in the dealer being more courteous and understanding (��).
The windshield would have had a quality check before dispatch. Inform Honda that their quality check had a lapse.
Find the company that manufactured your glass (Asahi or St. Cobain or whatever) and send them a polite email too.
Once the windshield replacement is done take a deep breath and enjoy the drives.
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks