Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2017, 12:32   #46
BHPian

Re: Shell V-Power Diesel launched

Guys, Is there a shell outlet in and around Delhi? There is none shown in the website but is it possible that the capital of the nation does not have a shell outlet?

Shed some light people.
Old 13th June 2017, 18:59   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Guys, Is there a shell outlet in and around Delhi? There is none shown in the website but is it possible that the capital of the nation does not have a shell outlet?

Shed some light people.

sorry to say my friend but Shell website doesn't show any Shell outlets in Delhi. Shell presence across India is quite limited.

I just went through quickly, but you can open the website. they've marked all the Shell stations on the map.
Old 22nd June 2017, 16:57   #48
BHPian

Got tank full of V-power diesel for my Duster at Shell Mysore. Can feel marginal improvement over regular diesel.
Had moved from Shell normal diesel to HP diesel recently. With regular shell diesel the dusty used to make bit more noise.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 12:23   #49
BHPian

Got V-Power Diesel filled for the i20. I got almost a full tank filled. The difference was almost immediately evident with smoothness going up by a notch. No comment as yet on the difference in fuel consumption or better power. I have driven for some 250kms after the filling.
Old 29th June 2017, 12:42   #50
Team-BHP Support

Didn't feel any difference with Shell VPower Diesel. Not even imaginary that I would have felt in the case of the fuel additive used during the last tankful (Liqui Moli)

NOT going to use Shell VPower. Regular should do just fine.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 14:08   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Got tank full of V-power diesel for my Duster at Shell Mysore. Can feel marginal improvement over regular diesel.
Had moved from Shell normal diesel to HP diesel recently. With regular shell diesel the dusty used to make bit more noise.
Did you notice any difference between the Shell diesel and HP diesel? With V-Power did you feel improvement in power in addition to refinement? In Pune, V-Power is Rs. 7 more than regular diesel. Do you feel it is worth?

I plan to use full tank V-Power once in a while.
Old 3rd July 2017, 11:32   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
Did you notice any difference between the Shell diesel and HP diesel? With V-Power did you feel improvement in power in addition to refinement? In Pune, V-Power is Rs. 7 more than regular diesel. Do you feel it is worth?

I plan to use full tank V-Power once in a while.
My duster used to be noisy on Shell normal Diesel. Moved to HP and it was definitely better.
V-Power betters HP in terms of refinement and pick up. It may just be my imagination though Will move back to HP to check any degradation.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 18:50   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Shell V power has additives to clean the injection system. There would be some difference during first or second refills. But I don't think you would notice any difference if you shift back to regular diesel after using Shell V power couple of times. I have found some difference in my car with V Power. I would use Shell V power once in every 5 tank full refills . Shells claims that V power will also help in preventing new carbon deposits, but we need not buy everything they claim haha.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 3rd July 2017 at 18:52.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 10:29   #54
BHPian

Got a full tank of Shell V-power diesel for my Jazz. There is some improvement in refinement. However, the major improvement over regular Shell diesel is the exhaust odor. With regular diesel the odor at start stop used to be significant and with V-power it is all but absent.
feluda86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 10:56   #55
BHPian

I've suffered from Injector failure on my Figo and the reason has been attributed to fuel quality. My filling is 60-70% from Shell, Old Madras Road. The remaining times it is at known places in Udupi (Gitanjali) or Vellore. Hence I fail to understand the reason being given. Ford Figos of upto 2011-2012 vintage have been known to suffer injector failure quite prematurely and seem to be very sensitive to fuel quality.

Anyway, on Saturday I filled up 33 litres of Shell V-Power Diesel from the Mysore Road outlet (the one towards Mysore). I did not feel any significant difference in terms of smoothness, noise or power characteristics of the engine. I would be happy to purchase this if it really cleanses the engine from deposits and other particles.

But the question remain - How to ascertain this?
Old 31st July 2017, 11:49   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
I've suffered from Injector failure on my Figo and the reason has been attributed to fuel quality. My filling is 60-70% from Shell, Old Madras Road. I would be happy to purchase this if it really cleanses the engine from deposits and other particles.

But the question remain - How to ascertain this?
For me the difference came after driving more than 150km. For me the difference in exhaust odor is significant. My car also emitted black smoke at 3000 rpm with regular Shell diesel - even that is gone now with V-Power. I am beginning to suspect the quality of regular Shell diesel. My next tank full will be from a COCO HP to ascertain the quality of Shell diesel.
Old 26th August 2017, 12:49   #57
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I tanked up Shell V-Power two days back in my Creta. Normal Diesel was unavailable at the time of tanking up.

The difference was immediately visible
- The engine was smoother
- The pickup was instant
- The car became more agile.

I am thinking of tanking up with V-Power once every 4 times.

I still have to run the car to check the mileage, but with V-Power, my Creta seems to have been transformed.
Old 28th November 2017, 22:34   #58
BHPian

My observations with Shell V Power Diesel in Fiat Punto 90HP (Odo - 30K) has been of mixed feelings. Have used Shell V Power Diesel consistently for over 10 full tanks.
1. Notice a lot of black smoke. Not sure if that black smoke was cleaning my car or just fuel burns rich? Not sure if my car can clear a pollution test with that smoke output.
2. Sometimes the engine idling rpm raises and the engine gets nosier. I had to switch-off the car several times to get the original idling rpm back.
3. Not sure if this is related, all glow plugs had to replaced during the last service.
4. No noticeable improvement in fuel efficiency; only advantage i find is an option to jump the long queue associated with normal diesel at the Shell station.

(I have nothing against Shell infact i am big fan of Shell; and I stay very close to a Shell station)
Old 28th November 2017, 22:39   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader View Post
3. Not sure if this is related, all glow plugs had to replaced during the last service.
May not be related to fuel used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader View Post
4. No noticeable improvement in fuel efficiency; only advantage i find is an option to jump the long queue associated with normal diesel at the Shell station.
At least it gets you out of the bunk faster

Have not used these premium fuels after checking some videos about comparative performance. Also, with my non-common rail Sumo, the performance actually went down.
Old 29th November 2017, 00:34   #60
Senior - BHPian

When I purchased my diesel Nexon in Oct was advised by dealership not to fill any fancy fuel, but to stick to regular from HP/BP. I was told the car gets used to premium fuel and on highways I might have to search for these to tank up. Found that hard to believe, however it's been good so far as I stick to only HP COCO. Our previous petrol cars got fuel only from SHELL.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks