Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2007, 11:07   #31
BHPian

check out the workshop manual please

to all who have doubts @ the valve timing of 1.6 gtx ,please feel free to visit any fiat/tata fiat dealeaships,or send me the fax number , ill fax u the copy.
sometimes facts are stranger than fiction, fiction needs to make sence-- factys can go naked!!!
Old 28th April 2007, 12:47   #32
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.kk View Post
Talking about engine swaps in Zen, at the most 1.6L Baleno can be fitted in Zen. Which comes stock in Palio.
Palio comes with a 1.6L engine agreed but a Baleno engine in a Zen Does make a lot of difference considering the power to weight ratio... A palio even though with a 1.6L engine is way heavier than the Zen...
Old 28th April 2007, 13:48   #33
Senior - BHPian

Turbosam, like I said, quit screwing around. I have asked you more than THREE times about your imaginary 1.6 that puts out 272 bhp abroad. ANSWER! And we are not free to go around pursuing Fiat's (pathetic) A.S.S. team to check the overlap figures on a car we don't own.

I am reporting this post as a bad post. Hopefully the mods will do something.
Old 28th April 2007, 15:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I'm sorry if I offended you, raaj. But you cannot post statements here without facts. I understand you are a big fan of the Palio (so am I) but it is foolishness to come on board and post things like 'tuning for 1.6 GTX is at its optimum', when there are more experienced members, including tuners, on this forum.

I will eat my words and apologise again, if you can prove your claims.

All offense was nullified at the meet itself. No problem at all.
I stand corrected!!! I am glad to hear that this car can gain more power with tune ups!!
PEACE OUT bro!!! cheers:
Old 29th April 2007, 06:14   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hello raaj, good to see you!

I only wish our friend TURBOSAM would back his claims.
Old 29th April 2007, 07:53   #36
BHPian

Hey Turbosam,
I agree with v1p3r, if CAMMING can make all the difference.
Can this be done in any TATA-FIAT workshop.

Is there something special that needs to be done
I should be nearing my first service. Can this be done this early or would you prefer to wait or do some specific KMS on the ODO

I read from the previous posts that a FAX needs to be sent to you and you would take care from there.
This CAMMIng, does it void warranty.
If CAMMING is done, does it damage the engine?
Is there a performance dip?
What is the performance gain?

Is the procedure simple, or does it need your direct involvement?
Old 7th May 2007, 03:55   #37
BHPian

ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Obviously you've never driven a tuner Palio 1.6, or the 'someone' you know doesn't know his way around engines. I was the first to drive what is probably India's fastest Palio, and believe you me, it can be tuned. In stock form it's slower than a Vtec or a Baleno, by the way!

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA.......
totaly agree, a good port/polish, K&N, and exhaust can really perk up the car add to that a re mapped ECU and you r pretty much at the peak of its performance mod chart unless you wish to got the turbo route[ supercharger totally impractical due to the engineering req]. a piece of advice though. dont do the high lift cam, might attempt with a 270 piper did not work as the bottom end suffered.if doubters can buy the cams. PM me.

pls dont change the profile of your cams. stock ones performe better. also lightning of the flywheel posed probs as we had erractic idle and the A/C only kicked in at around 1100 rpmpls dont change the profile of your cams. stock ones performe better. also lightning of the flywheel posed probs as we had erractic idle and the A/C only kicked in at around 1100 rpm

Last edited by aah78 : 7th May 2007 at 04:09. Reason: posts merged

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks