Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2017, 20:51   #31
BHPian

Re: GST unlocks the real truth behind Synthetic Oils - Use HSN code & GST rate for proper identifica

The government has cleared the ambiguity w.e.f. 15th of November 2017 by standardizing the GST rates for HSN codes 3403 & 2710 @ flat 18%. The manufacturers can continue doing what they were doing previously as we debate about what leads to where which now stands pointless based on the above fact as now the applicable GST Rate for both the codes is the same.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 14:36   #32
BHPian

Re: GST unlocks the real truth behind Synthetic Oils - Use HSN code & GST rate for proper identifica

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
The government has cleared the ambiguity w.e.f. 15th of November 2017 by standardizing the GST rates for HSN codes 3403 & 2710 @ flat 18%. The manufacturers can continue doing what they were doing previously as we debate about what leads to where which now stands pointless based on the above fact as now the applicable GST Rate for both the codes is the same.
I want to thank you for this post since this opened my eyes to the fact that probably its only Mobil 1 that is a true blue Fully Synthetic Oil. I am extremely sensitive to the way my car drives when employing different engine oils and so far I have used Castrol FS, Shell Helix FS and Mobil 1 FS. Mobil 1 has been distinctly smoother than the other 2. Even after driving over 12k kms the smoothness of the engine does not show any sign of changing for the worse. Its genuinely a brilliant oil and I recommend it to all readers here.
niranjanprabhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 18:25   #33
BHPian

Just to keep this thread updated. This is NO longer the case. All kinds of engine oil are now taxed at 18%.
Thilak29 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks