Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2006, 22:37   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
right now i am talking about your car & lets stick to it(keeping LPG aside) you have increased compression, increased ignition timing, tuned your carb, grooved your cylinder head & what not and then you put those additives & claim 17km/l , and you are going ga ga over your car saying its giving 17km/l with those additives
Hi Ford Rocam,

Since the beginning of this thread I never mentioned FE gain of 17 only with any additives.......rather I expressed it as a combined effect......its confusion from your side mixing FE gain in this thread.......if my gain is not digested then let it be.......

It will take time to check FE without additives.......

Enjoy.....

Last edited by finetuning : 7th December 2006 at 22:44.
Old 7th December 2006, 23:04   #47
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by finetuning View Post
Hi Ford Rocam,

Since the beginning of this thread I never mentioned FE gain of 17 only with any additives.......rather I expressed it as a combined effect......its confusion from your side mixing FE gain in this thread.......
So you mean to say you had a different car for that thread ?

Quote:
if my gain is not digested then let it be.......
I just asked for a technical experiment which i asked you to do for benifit of other members so that they can know how much in % it will contribute to f.e & see all of most i never denied you getting that f.e i wanted to know what role they are playing in getting you better f.e !in terms of figures, it was a healthy discussion going on & i didnt expected this comment from you.

Quote:
It will take time to check FE without additives.......
We will wait for that

Quote:
Enjoy.....
No Enjoy till you give us feedback without additives!
Old 7th December 2006, 23:12   #48
BHPian

[quote=Ford Rocam;334766]
Quote:
So you mean to say you had a different car for that thread ?

it was a healthy discussion going on & i didnt expected this comment from you.

We will wait for that

No Enjoy till you give us feedback without additives!
Dear Ford Rocam,

I m enjoying every bit of this.....

A car when running on certain experiment mode or with any addition & deletion is indeed different car....isnt it?.....

Definitely I will pass on details but as I said will take time.......

Ok...I will not mention certain words in any healthy discussion.......I have faith in this excellent..wonderful...live forum.............

Enjoying....

Last edited by finetuning : 7th December 2006 at 23:18.
Old 7th December 2006, 23:21   #49
BHPian

[quote=finetuning;334769]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post

Dear Ford Rocam,

I m enjoying every bit of this.....

A car when running on certain experiment mode or with any addition & deletion is indeed different car....isnt it?.....

Definitely I will pass on details but as said will take time.......

Enjoying....
I dont see any enjoyment in that anyways we will wait for your reply.
Old 8th December 2006, 11:47   #50
BANNED

I too would enjoy some hard numbers to back the findings.
Old 10th December 2006, 12:27   #51
Senior - BHPian

fuel additives

Well, quite an amount of water has flown under the bridge with reference to the above topic. I shall add my 2 cents to this.

I have a 1998 4x4 Safari and had a '99 Esteem till a couple months back that was replaced by a 2004 Scorpio Glx. Now all along I ran the Safari with ordinary diesel and then later the ones with additives like the Turbojets of the world. I managed a decent 8 to 9.5 Kmpl in the city and around 10 on the highways with & without AC respectively.

Then I chanced upon this forum and reached a post on adding acetone in the fuel. Since I am not averse to experimentation, I started off with a 1.5 ml acetone per ltr of diesel (normal) in the Safari. In the first treatment what I observed was:

1. Smoothness & purring of the engine improved.
2. Pickup increased with AC on - (earlier with AC when I had to downshift, the engine nearly used to sink)
3. The bellowing smoke reduced considerably.

Result; I was very happy. I did not check the FE in that euphoria.

Last edited by gd1418 : 10th December 2006 at 12:42.
Old 10th December 2006, 12:33   #52
Senior - BHPian

Fuel additives

I continued with the ratio and after the second treatment I had a chance discovery. My Safari was due for its PUC and earlier it had regularly failed & I had to pay extra to the tester to get the PUC certificate. And I was told by many including taxi operators who ran the Indicas of the world that TATA cars invariably fail at the PUC test.

So, with a resigned attitude I went to the same PUC checker to whom I had been going for ages (coz he would issue me a certificate on an extra payment) and he started preparing the certificate on seeing my car. I don't know why I told him to do a proper check of pollution and he too was as surprised as me since my Safari for the first time passed in the very first attempt.

It goes without saying ever since that my Safari has always passed the PUC test.
Old 10th December 2006, 12:39   #53
Senior - BHPian

Fuel additives

Now the next step for me was to check the FE since passing in the PUC test arouse the curiosity in me. To be very honest I clocked 9.7 in the City (read Delhi & NCR) with the AC on 100%. That was quite exhilarating and on my next trip to Jodhpur with 100% AC on and on full load (4 of us family + luggage) fetched me an avarage of 10.8 both ways.

Now I must tell you here that except adding acetone in the ratio of 1.5ml:1ltr of normal diesel, I did nothing to the engine or installed any K&N filters etc. My Safari religiously goes for its regular service at 5000 Kms.

Recently in June when my family & I drove to Lonavala via Ajmer, Udaipur, Ahmedabad, Baroda, Daman, Mumbai, I got 11.6 Kmpl from the Safari with 100% AC on. The only problem I encountered was a flat at Ankleshwar.

Last edited by gd1418 : 10th December 2006 at 12:42.
Old 10th December 2006, 12:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

Fuel Additives

You all must be wondering as to why I did not mention anything about the Esteem. Now since that was being driven by my better half, I never got time and inclination to add acetone in it except once. She didn't say anything and I didn't bother to ask,,
Old 10th December 2006, 12:48   #55
BANNED

Hey thanks for sharing your findings GD1418. It would be very helpful if other members could also share hard figures for their acetone/xylene experiments.
Old 10th December 2006, 12:50   #56
Senior - BHPian

Fuel Additives

Now let us talk about my Scorpio. This was acquired in September '06 and is a Glx 2004 (31st Dec'04 regn) model. I ran this for a week without any additions and managed an average between 9-10 Kmpl with AC on. Then I did the first treatment of acetone using the same rationas that of Safari. It did not give me any plausible results.

Then I started experimenting with the quantity and finally hit pay dirt with 0.8 ml of acetone in 1 ltr of diesel (normal). I also add 0.8 ml of castrol 2T in the mixture. I am happy to report that in the city driving (now winters have set in) I am gettting continuosly 13.6 Kmpl. I have yet to go on the highway in the Scorpio for which I am waiting for the winter vacations to set in.

Shall report the FE then. Now these results are caused by what, I am not concerned. Till date I've not experienced any mechanical problem (read engine) due to these additives.

And finally I am not batting for anyone, least of all for "finetuning". Am only narrating my experience.

Thanks to all for bearing with me..
Old 10th December 2006, 13:04   #57
Senior - BHPian

Acetone & Honda Accord

This fact will seem ridiculous, funny & out of context but I think I must mention this.

I also have a 2005 Honda Accord 3.0 VTEC Automatic. On a couple of occassions, a rich friend of mine (though not on the Forbes list) who recently acquired a Bentley, has beaten me quite comprehensively by atleast a mile and half on the Gurgaon Jaipur run.

Last Sunday I pipped him on the same run by atleast 2 miles. Either he was jaded or the bentley was underperforming, but I for sure had started adding acetone in the ratio of 2.5:1 to the gas tank for the last six months.

I will not attribute this to anything. Maybe Ayrton Senna's ghost descended on me..!!!
Old 10th December 2006, 14:27   #58
BHPian

Dear gd1418,

I m happy that you are extracting best out of your resources,I m also happy about your sharing attitude.....

In many posts I clearly mentioned that key to use this stuff is "finding right amount" for anyones engine.........its good that you found your own ratio.....its true that even tiny amount is better then nothing......but then we need to find right amount by consistant experiments......

Your FE gain in scorpio is simply unbeleivable but thats the fact.....I hope many scorpio owner will find it useful.....again key to successful implementation is again finding right amout in individuals vehicle by consistant experiments.......

Most least understood and ignored is the EMISSION benefit of this stuff....remember any reading of EMISSION REPORT depicts the combustion efficiency of any engine......if combustion improves then emission bound to get reduced.....this simple yet effective tool must not be ignored.... I have personal experience of number of Indica owners crying for good emission & power & FE....they are now so happy with this......

Enjoy........

Last edited by finetuning : 10th December 2006 at 14:33.
Old 11th December 2006, 11:58   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva View Post
Hey thanks for sharing your findings GD1418. It would be very helpful if other members could also share hard figures for their acetone/xylene experiments.
I started out with adding acetone 2 ml per litre got a decent amount of pep with a 0.5 kmph increase in fe (Zen Mpfi) Added 0.8 ml 2t oil got a nice smoothness in my engine sound.
then tried the Xylene bit, Got a susbstantial increase in power. all the 3 things added in a ration of 2:2:2 give a nice burst of power.
The best part of this concotion is that if you stop adding it to petrol the car goes back to normal immedaitely.
I have done this and felt the difference.
I dont urge anyone to try the same just sharing my views.
Now i currently get an FE of 15.5KMPH. Yes my car has got a freeflow exhaust K& n Stock filter but this was before the petrol addtives.
The only thing that i have done after that is adding the grooves....
Old 1st February 2007, 16:09   #60
BHPian

Where does one get Acetone and Xylene?

For me, FE means (Distance traveled) / (Money spent for it), so also lemme know how much these chemicals cost.

Also.. can any1 tell me the 'funda' behind adding 2T oil to petrol? Cars already have separated oil sink. So why add more? And, why 2T?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks