Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2006, 22:59   #1
BHPian

My Experience Of Adding Xylene in Petrol

Hi all,

I cant resist myself to pass on the benefits I m getting.....I started using Acetone & then 2T successfully........I must say that they both contributing to more FE...more power & less pollution...even though I m running on LPG gas on many occassion I drive with petrol till tank is empty then count the FE........

I m also using Xylene.....in the same ratio of Acetone i.e. 2.5ml/ltr of petrol & 2ml/ltr of diesel.......Xylene is aromatic compund mainly used in paints as thinner....its not easily available like acetone & 2T....it also improves the performance when added with acetone & 2T....we can get this solution from chemical market...its costing around Rs 50 for 500 ml........it must be lab grade for using with fuels.....I m using in my scooty pep also with flying result ........

I used to add 2.5ml acetone + 2 ml 2T + 2.5 ml Xylene.....difference I observed is increased pick up & more mileage in petrol.....

Both Acetone & Xylene makes fuel thinner......they help in better combustion......xylene alone can improve the performance like Tolune but adding in such small amount with acetone & 2T makes difference......

This stuff is toxic and & must be handled with care as its vapour are also toxic......

Do read The following secrets are yours for more information.....

Enjoy....

Last edited by finetuning : 30th November 2006 at 23:05.
Old 1st December 2006, 13:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

how about the pollution issues in Xylene & Toluene(or tolune) ?

Is it legal ?
Old 1st December 2006, 17:34   #3
BHPian

Dear esteem_lover,

Well,adding tiny amount of xylene itself will reduce pollution at the exhaust end........remember we are adding only 2.5 ml or less per liter......I dont prefer anything that only boosts performance at the cost of FE & emission.....

Enjoy.....
Old 2nd December 2006, 01:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

finetuning instead of 2.5 ml can we add 2ml each (acetone, xylene and 2t). Also when do you add this stuff ? When u get the petrol filled or when u get time to add it ?
Old 2nd December 2006, 09:41   #5
BHPian

Quote:
6. Use Warm Air Intake: Modify intake to draw warm air near radiator rather than taking cold air from under the fender. This is an important change.

Advantage: Deliver warm and smooth air to the intake for best MPG.
Quoted in the website.
Old 2nd December 2006, 11:22   #6
Team-BHP Support

I call bull****. Physics says that more the temperature difference, more the engine efficiency. Unless they have reinvented the laws of thermodynamics, its not possible.

Pick up the NCERT(or any physics) textbook, and look up carnot cycle
{T(h)-T(c)|/t(h)
A hot air intake will result in lower efficiency.

And @finetuing, have you 0-40 figures on your scooty with and without xylene?
Old 2nd December 2006, 17:12   #7
BHPian

What is best for FE might not be best for performance......cold intake is best for performance but when it comes to delivering best FE it might not work.......using slight warm air pass on better mileage but with slight reduction in power......

Dear task1979,

I didnt get your question about my scooty pep 0-40 with & without xylene?...

Dear abhibh,

2 ml can be safely added......no problem.....infact I too tried many combination & now currently satisfied with 2.5 ml acetone + 2.5 ml xylene + 2 ml 2T......there is remarkable smoothness of engine running....

Enjoy...
Old 2nd December 2006, 18:50   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finetuning View Post
What is best for FE might not be best for performance......cold intake is best for performance but when it comes to delivering best FE it might not work.......using slight warm air pass on better mileage but with slight reduction in power......
Enjoy...
I dont agree with you on this.

Cold air is always denser & will help increase in FE & Performance as well !
when at part throttle most car engine computers are designed to run 14.7 AFR which is known as stoich condition which is for efficiency & give good gas milage, when air entering combustion chamber is hot it has less oxygen molecules & when combustion occurs it results in less power where as if your intake is cold, cylinder is packed with more densed oxygen molecules hence when it ignites the power is more given the same amount of fuel so efficiency is more with cold air. so when you have more power with same amount of fuel the engine runs more efficient & hence better milage.
Old 2nd December 2006, 21:11   #9
BHPian

Using warm air intake we are giving momentum to the combustion process....imagine forest fire in warm hot weather..heat energy is fast propagated in forest when wind is hot.....its proved by sceintific experiments that with warm air intake FE can be improved but at the loss of certain power......

With hot air.......it requies less fuel to complete a combustion process so we are infact leaning the mixture thereby incresing FE.....

Car is a complex running machine having so many inputs in the form of electrical energy...heat energy generated by fuels....mechanical energy......so improving efficiency at each section imparts better FE efficiencies.....

So to improve electrical, heat & mechanical efficiencies is a complex job but if we take out each one separately then car can be transformed......there is always scope of improvement.......

We can improve electrical efficiency by using good spar plug which has less resistance & less resistance ignition wires....

We can improve combustion process by adding additives like acetone which help fuel particles vapourise better and using ozone in combustion & so on.....so in nutshell we are better utilising hidden power in every drop of fuel...

We can reduce friction at almost all rotating parts by using various methods...I found out boric acid experiments the BEST .....

Now every fuel drop represent hidden heat energy which pushes piston & so every drop of fuel represent certain power....now if car travels from A to B with less fuel drops then we are utilising power of fuel in better way hence improving efficiency...now fuel represent thermal power hence thermal efficiency is improved...

All this collectively passes so much benefits to a car......clearly visible in my FE of 17 in city driving in 11 year old esteem with LPG.....

Put it simply its travel of car devided by amount of fuel input...this is the key factor using all experiments.....

Enjoy.....

Last edited by finetuning : 2nd December 2006 at 21:18.
Old 2nd December 2006, 21:52   #10
BHPian

Dude,
You are talking about increasing milage by reducing power & i am talking about increasing milage with engine being most efficient (without loosing power) let the forest example be in forest only dont you think by giving hot air at intake will result in knocking (pre ignition) especially during summer season with scorching heat you will run the car with A.C switched "ON" that will put more load on engine & with sluggish power due to hot air being fed in you will definately loose lot of power with knocking & with summer heat it will be frustrating to drive the car! Do i make some sense !

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 2nd December 2006 at 21:57.
Old 2nd December 2006, 22:16   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nope. Physics is physics. Cold air will increase engine efficiency. This may translate into more power or FE depending on engine.
Modern 4 stroke engine running on Petrol have around 32-35% efficiency, and this figure depends quite a bit on external temperature.

Quote:
I didnt get your question about my scooty pep 0-40 with & without xylene?...
I was wondering about performance, do you find any improvement in your 0-40kmph times?
Old 2nd December 2006, 22:29   #12
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Using warm air intake we are giving momentum to the combustion process....imagine forest fire in warm hot weather..heat energy is fast propagated in forest when wind is hot.....its proved by sceintific experiments that with warm air intake FE can be improved but at the loss of certain power......
See my post # 10

Quote:
With hot air.......it requies less fuel to complete a combustion process so we are infact leaning the mixture thereby incresing FE.....
Not necessary, the intake air temperature sensor will notice this & might add more fuel to compensate for heat & retard timing.

Quote:
We can improve electrical efficiency by using good spar plug which has less resistance & less resistance ignition wires....
Most stock ignition are not bad at all & modification is not required unless you do some serious engine modification.

Quote:
We can improve combustion process by adding additives like acetone which help fuel particles vapourise better and using ozone in combustion & so on.....so in nutshell we are better utilising hidden power in every drop of fuel...
Combustion process depends on Static C.R, octane rating of fuel.

Quote:
We can reduce friction at almost all rotating parts by using various methods...I found out boric acid experiments the BEST .....
I am not doing that.

Quote:
Now every fuel drop represent hidden heat energy which pushes piston & so every drop of fuel represent certain power....now if car travels from A to B with less fuel drops then we are utilising power of fuel in better way hence improving efficiency...now fuel represent thermal power hence thermal efficiency is improved...
How is engine efficient when you are reducing fuel & its loosing power?

Quote:
All this collectively passes so much benefits to a car......clearly visible in my FE of 17 in city driving in 11 year old esteem with LPG.....
Congrats!

Quote:
Put it simply its travel of car devided by amount of fuel input...this is the key factor using all experiments.....
Good luck with your experiments

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 2nd December 2006 at 22:34.
Old 2nd December 2006, 23:15   #13
BHPian

Dear Ford Rocam,

Do read the following scientific experiments of hot air intake......however there is loss of power but if one is ready for that then it works......however I dont prefer it personally......

http://www.gassavers.org/showthread....arm+air+intake

Also combustion process do depend on static CR & octane rating but does that mean the way fuel burns & property of fuel has no effect..............infact this is so new in concept hence not easy to digest.....I mean to say there are ways to improve this process much beyond then what we already know......

How will we define the efficiency of an car engine when there are so many paramaters.......there are mechanical efficiency and thermal efficiency & electrical efficiency....so in nutshell its the amount the distance car travells with decent power devided by the inout we give of fuel........I think this is the broad term.......

Enjoy.....
Old 2nd December 2006, 23:35   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Nope. Physics is physics. Cold air will increase engine efficiency. This may translate into more power or FE depending on engine.
Modern 4 stroke engine running on Petrol have around 32-35% efficiency, and this figure depends quite a bit on external temperature.

I was wondering about performance, do you find any improvement in your 0-40kmph times?
Dear task1979,

Rightly said Physics is Physics but there is no end to understanding physics in different way........just have a look at this link about conventional thinking....

Cool Air Power | Banks Power: Cool Air Equals Power by C.J. Baker

Are you joking man to hear 0 -40 figures from me in my scooty pep?....If not then YES....I found good pick up...my main aim is to pass on any benefits by my direct experience.......unless & until poeple cant try how can they comment?......

Enjoy...

Last edited by finetuning : 2nd December 2006 at 23:50.
Old 3rd December 2006, 01:10   #15
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Dear Ford Rocam,

Do read the following scientific experiments of hot air intake......however there is loss of power but if one is ready for that then it works......however I dont prefer it personally......
When you agree theres loss in power & you personally dont prefer to experiment yourself then why the hell you are telling other people to do the same?

One needs to understand term efficiency its not running your engine super lean & hot under powering it to get max mpg. Its about given capacity of engine & making peak power with a very decent fuel average there are several examples like, take of OHC 1.3L it produces 90 Bhp from just 1.3L & still gives average of 13-14 on highway with 975KG Kerb Weight.you want other take my B Series engine it produces 170HP from 1.6L & still gives me an average of 9.5-10Kmpl in city & 12-13 on highway (casual driving ofcourse)

Now Enjoy...

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 3rd December 2006 at 01:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks