Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2012, 22:23   #46
BHPian

Re: New Brio Headlights Fogging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin_Ice View Post
Is it normal? And what should be the next steps?
It is not normal. This is a problem with the sealing, causing the moisture to enter the headlights. In the long run this causes the fading of the reflectors and makes the lights ineffective. Ask the service center to replace the lights under warranty. Is there condensation in both the headlights?
Old 10th September 2012, 22:41   #47
BHPian

I think I read 'bout this recently on another Brio in a different forum, will try and search for it, or was it you only?
Check with other Brio-ans, could be a quality issue with a certain batch.
Old 10th September 2012, 22:45   #48
BHPian

This is not normal. My friend faced the same problem with his new Figo. Even the replacement head lamps had the same problem.
Then some expert from Ford came to check the issue and gave my friend some physics equation as the excuse.
When my friends got upset and pointed out that the equation does not seem to hold good with all the cars out there, the expert just lost his words.
The headlight was replaced again and there after he has not had that issue.
sumeshmani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 23:39   #49
BHPian

Even i feel its not normal. But hyundai managed to send me a mail which states why it happens.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120910_233919.png
Views: 11792
Size:  81.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120910_233919.png
Views: 11792
Size:  81.3 KB
Old 11th September 2012, 16:56   #50
BANNED

Re: Moisture / Water / Fogging inside the Headlamp

This is what I found when I googled a bit: http://www.myzroadster.com/Files/tsb.../NTB03-074.pdf

It says that some amount of moisture is alright (see figure 1 and 2). My case is No.1 exactly the way shown in the diagram. There is no collection of water and the fog disappears in 2 mins of operation.

In the meanwhile I logged a complaint at Honda and they have asked me to get my car to the service center.
Old 25th October 2012, 19:44   #51
BHPian

I too have this problem in my IKON after the headlight assembly replaced after an accidental repair. Now the replaced headlight will accumulate the moisture during rains and it drains off after 2-3 days.I can see a visible difference in the bumper joints between the right and left side and might be the cause of water goes in.

My question is will this cause the bulb to fuse at long run?
Old 27th July 2014, 21:16   #52
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Has anyone got a warranty replacement for water in a new headlamp. My car is a Grand i10 and has done about 2000 kms. Everything is untouched - no mods etc.

Please can anyone let me how to go about it (without going through the dealer - I'm sure that way will be the most painful!). See pics below -
Attached Thumbnails
Moisture / Water / Fogging inside the Headlamp-img_20140727_104738.jpg  

Moisture / Water / Fogging inside the Headlamp-img_20140727_192854.jpg  

Old 27th July 2014, 22:47   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
Has anyone got a warranty replacement for water in a new headlamp. My car is a Grand i10 and has done about 2000 kms. Everything is untouched - no mods etc.

Please can anyone let me how to go about it (without going through the dealer - I'm sure that way will be the most painful!). See pics below -
My WagonR had this issue. There was condensation in one headlamp. The other showed little signs of condensation. During service I reported this issue and they had removed the assembly and dried it. However after a couple of days the issue cropped up again. I called up the service center and they told me to get the car. Both side headlamp assy was replaced within an hour.

I didnt understand how you can get it done without going to dealer. They are the ones responsible for any warranty claims so I am not sure if there is any other way.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 23:00   #54
BHPian

Quote:
The water has entered the head lamp casing for it to evaporate and condense on the inside of the glass.
The water ingress could be through the cap provided behind the head lamp for replacing the bulbs. It could be either not put properly in place to be water tight or the rubber gasket for making the cap watertight may not be in place or the cap itself could be missing. You can check the cap behind the headlamp and find if these are the reasons, which can be resolved without a change of headlamp or any major work.
If that is not the case then the casing has a leak somewhere which will be a warranty issue in which case the dealer will sort it out for you under warranty.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 07:03   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Simply take it to any dealer for thorough inspection. They will examine and ask the necessary questions like accident damage, unauthorised modification etc, but will change it under warranty.

Clear case of a manufacturing defect.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 07:09   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

As Ajay pointed out, it should be a faulty rubber seal. See whether it's missing or got any hole or breaks. If that's the case, get it replaced. Going to the dealer is the best practice as the car is still on warranty. If you get the work done outside and still the problem exists, then the dealer can/will deny warranty saying that your car was fiddled by an unauthorized workshop (this can happen). So I would recommend you to visit the dealer. At first they might replace the rubber seal (if it's due to this, it might take 1 or 2 days for the condensation to disappear). If the problem still exists, ask them to replace the headlight assembly.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 07:45   #57
BANNED

Quote:

As others have suggested, it is good if you go through the dealer as the job will be recorded in their database and the replacement will be hassle free.

This is totally a manufacturing defect so you shouldn't face any issue with the dealer.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 17:43   #58
BHPian

How do I remove the condensation inside my Baleno's headlights? Few YT videos suggested cleaning the vent, but I haven't seen any vents behind the headlights. Please help
josethundiyil99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 15:59   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josethundiyil99 View Post
How do I remove the condensation inside my Baleno's headlights
Did you manage to find a solution for the condensation issue? I am facing the same issue in my Baleno.
Old 13th January 2023, 11:12   #60
BHPian

I am facing condensation issue in my year old Hyundai i20 NLine.

The service center and territorial sales manager, both say that the issue is natural due to atmospheric conditions, etc and won't hamper anything. Would like fellow team-bhpians inputs on this one. The TSM further went on to say that when they changed the dust caps, it is because there is some silica in the dust caps which absorb any extra moisture.

They changed the dustcaps at the 1-year service, but I don't know if it did anything, as I still see condensation now and then, maybe the condensation became a bit less, but I cannot be certain.

The condensation usually appears when I go out to drive in the evenings and park the car under the shade.
Attached Thumbnails
Moisture / Water / Fogging inside the Headlamp-nline_headlight-fogging_no-plates.jpg  

Most Viewed