Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2018, 16:15   #1
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai's labour rates for 2018 (all car models)

Thanks to Mahesh M for sending this data in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Hyundai has revised the labour charges for paid mechanical and bodypaint work for all car models in its line-up. The revision is carried out on a yearly basis and will be applicable from January 16, 2018.

Different cities across the country are categorized in 4 groups namely, Group I, Group II, Group III and Group IV. A new group I+ has been added for the cities of Delhi, Mumbai and Gurugram. The categorization of the cities is applicable for mechanical operations as well as bodypaint work. The hourly labour rates are exclusive of GST (Goods & Service Tax) or any other tax applicable have been revised to Rs. 420 - Rs. 600 depending on the city categorization. Hourly labour rates for workshops with GDSI (Global Dealership Space Identity) and workshop automation or Non-GDSI workshops, which are less than 5-years old but with workshop automation, have been increased.

The rates for the bodypaint jobs have gone up by 10-12% for Group I to Group IV cities, while the Group I+ cities get a hike of 12-15%. The revised labour charges will be sent out to all the workshops in the country and will be displayed at the reception area. Hyundai claims that displaying the labour charges will bring more transparency in the workshop operations.
Hyundai's labour rates for 2018 (all car models)-1.jpg

Hyundai's labour rates for 2018 (all car models)-2.jpg

Here is the list of labour charges for mechanical work in Group I+ cities:
Hyundai's labour rates for 2018 (all car models)-2.1-revised-removal-refitment-charges-wshop-listed-annex-4_page_01.jpg

Hyundai's labour rates for 2018 (all car models)-2.1-revised-removal-refitment-charges-wshop-listed-annex-4_page_02.jpg

Hyundai's labour rates for 2018 (all car models)-2.1-revised-removal-refitment-charges-wshop-listed-annex-4_page_03.jpg

Here is the list of labour charges for bodypaint work in Group I+ cities:
Hyundai's labour rates for 2018 (all car models)-3.0-revised-painting-charges_page_1.jpg

Here's a complete list of labour charges in different cities -
2.1 Revised Removal Refitment Charges for Wshop listed in Annex 4.pdf

3.0 Revised Painting Charges.pdf

Last edited by Omkar : 22nd January 2018 at 16:23.
Omkar is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:16   #2
BANNED

Re: Hyundai's labour rates for 2018 (all car models)

I live in a tier 1+ city, so i always make it a point to get my car serviced in my hometown (tier 3) as visit there often. It easily saves me a 1000 bucks minimum every service. I wonder if living in a tier 1+ is a boon or a curse, with everything exorbitantly priced, traffic, pollution, artificial living, etc, etc.
chaudh2s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:25   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
It easily saves me a 1000 bucks minimum every service.
Only logical that prices will be higher in the big metros as the cost of real estate & labour is more.

This post reminds me of the first time I bought a bottle of water in New York. Was .
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:42   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Only logical that prices will be higher in the big metros as the cost of real estate & labour is more.

This post reminds me of the first time I bought a bottle of water in New York. Was .
Quite logical to have higher prices in metros, i don't mind that at all. Since i visit my hometown often, so i just use that opportunity to save some money. 1000 bucks for a grand i10 service is a substantial saving. I have been living here in gurgaon for now close to 14 years so the higher prices do not really come as a surprise, but i do try to buy as much as possible from my hometown. For example, going to doctor makes you shell out a minimum 600 here as consultation fee, whereas in my hometown i just pay 100, and the list is endless.
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:44   #5
Team-BHP Support

This is inevitable and to be expected as, a) the demand for skilled labor is growing much faster than the supply, b) service centres are getting more upmarket with customer lounges with various amenities, c) the usual inflation.

As a car owner, I'd like my car to be attended by someone who is qualified for the job and while at the A.S.S., most car owners also like a comfortable stay (a nice a/c lounge with wifi, tv and some snacks/beverages).

The bigger bill doesn't amuse me but such market correction is natural. If only our salaries grew 12-15%
Old 23rd January 2018, 13:40   #6
BHPian

This is the first time I am looking into detailed labour rates for Hyundais.

My observations
  • Grand i10 labour rates are extremely pocket friends. I was always surprised by extremely high sales number for grand i10. Now I got my answers.
  • No 'extra' charges for the paid service of diesel variants. Yes Maruti, I am looking at you.
  • Santa Fe asks for way more premium in labour rates compared to Tucson. More reasons not to spend those extra lacs for Santa Fe over Tucson.
Old 23rd January 2018, 13:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Why is the Xcent labour costs are more than Grand i10 -> when they are essentially the same cars (sans the boot) ?!
Old 23rd January 2018, 14:44   #8
BHPian

Bodyshop charges details is a welcome addition.

Hyundai India's website has the updated labour charges details for regular maintenance work (for all the various tiers).

Link
mn2363 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks