Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2010, 21:36   #16
BHPian

Hi, my footwears are running on nitrogen filled michelin XM+ tubeless. I charge them with a preassure of 32. Still feeling good.
Old 4th April 2010, 23:20   #17
BHPian

I have maintained it at 32psi. And the ride feels pretty good. Not bumpy at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlyak View Post
WagonR 2006 Vxi - i m always on 33, and use Nitrogen from past 3 months.
Did you find any noticeable difference after filling Nitrogen?
Old 5th April 2010, 10:03   #18
BHPian

I have 2009 WagonR VXi and I maintain a tyre pressure of 32psi from day one as suggested by Maruti. I have clocked 11000Km in 13 Months. The ride is pretty good so far.
Old 5th April 2010, 12:57   #19
BHPian

I have 2004 WagonR VXi and I keep the tyre pressure of 34psi with Nitrogen from the day I took the delivery from True Value store. I always felt that the ride is smooth with nitrogen (both on my Wagon-R and my Pulsar 220), compared to normal air.
Old 12th January 2016, 10:14   #20
BHPian

Re: What is the tyre pressure for Wagon R?

Recommended 33 psi brings the ride very bumpy and less grippy. Would really appreciate if current owners can recommend the specific tyre pressure with a brief justification.
Old 12th January 2016, 13:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

33 Psi with Nitrogen and stock tyre sizes.
Old 12th January 2016, 14:56   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
Recommended 33 psi brings the ride very bumpy and less grippy. Would really appreciate if current owners can recommend the specific tyre pressure with a brief justification.
Problem is more to do with the tyre profile. Since it runs on 65 profile tyres, even if you reduce air pressure, it will lead to the rim getting hit on rough roads. Try 31-32 and see if it helps, though it wont make a huge difference. I am using 33 at front and 31 at rear since my car is not loaded always and that helps improve rear seat bumpiness when I have a person or two sitting back. Another reason for the lesser pressure at rear is that I am worried that the rear tyres will lock up on hard braking due to lesser grip at the back compared to front since my car doesnt have ABS.

I use the ring road every morning which is a combination of high speed and idiotic drivers. Hence for me the rear grip is priority suppose I have to brake in an emergency.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 12:15   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Try 31-32 and see if it helps, though it wont make a huge difference.
Tried 31 for couple of days and I am happy with the ride. It has not even affected the FE adversely.
Old 21st February 2016, 17:44   #24
BHPian

I adjust the tyre pressure to 33 psi (normal air) on my Wagon R VXi before I begin my long distance travels (200+ kms one way). But during the rainy season I reduce it to 30 psi for better grip. The tyres 155/65/R14 Apollo Amazer 3G are just done about 25,000 kms and the treads are still good enough.

It may be noted that the recommended tyre pressures are for cold tyres, when they are at a normal outside temperature of about +20 °C. Always adjust the pressure to recommended manufacturer's tyre pressure in the mornings when the temperature is low and before you begin your journey and never if your car has been parked under scorching sun or during the midway of the long journey (especially when you stop to top up the fuel).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks