Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2006, 17:12   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikahuja View Post
Hi,

You could sure use it in a WagonR, the Screen would be mounted in the place of the 2 DIN Stereo slot that is present in the car. The Stereo will need to be relocated in this case.

Or you could mount the Screen on top of the Dashboard if that suits you.

The second option of mounting it on top of the dashboard would be better as you will not need to do any modifications to the dashboard.

Thanks
Manik

Ok manik, thats fine thank you... can u suggest the cost of the system??? As this system is a computer it acts as a audio/video player and more right.. So don't need any only audio players right???
Old 27th December 2006, 17:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
hi Manik,
A better solution would be to purchase Google earth+(20$ ?). If the GPS system is Magellen or Garmin with USB connection cable(serial wont work as most laptops do not have serial port) you can connect it to LAPTOP and it will show the marker.
Hi,

One could definitely buy the $20 Annual subscription and get the tracking, but be sure to use only the supported GPS devices (Pretty Limited at this time).

Secondly my system uses a Serial connection, although a USB or even a bluetooth GPS is supported with this setup.

Thanks
Manik
Old 27th December 2006, 17:25   #33
BHPian

Thanks manik.... so how much does the entire setup to be installed cost???? and by the way its actually a computer right?? so it acts as audio/video and much more... right??? so no need for the extra audio players to be installed!!!
Old 27th December 2006, 17:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Ok manik, thats fine thank you... can u suggest the cost of the system??? As this system is a computer it acts as a audio/video player and more right.. So don't need any only audio players right???
Hi Ramki,

I had mentioned the cost in an earlier thread, you could have a look at that for the pricing, it will be approximately the same price. The system is approximately 40K give or take a couple of thousands.

The only additional things required for and Audio/Video setup would be the Amplifier and the Speakers. You will need to get the price for those items as per your selection.

Hope that helps.

Manik
Old 27th December 2006, 18:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Hi manik,
simply amazing stuff & congrats on your project your 2yrs of hard work & research has paid off well keep it going.

i would like to know few more things on that setup how is the GPS receiver interfaced to the laptop & how does the software recognize it?

keeping aside the current setup, if i have laptop in my car running windows XP & i have reliance data card for net connection & running google earth
what all other things (hardware/software)will i require to have same setup running online with display on my laptop, how does gps receiver talks to google earth online & transfer the data to the laptop? is it real time or some delay?
I know i am throwing so many questions to you but i am really very anxious to know
thanks

hey Jitu..

some tools which i found which you can use to interface your GPS device and computer and tracking..yes they are freewares..

GE-Remote

Earth Bridge - Bridge the gap between Google Earth and your GPS receiver.

you can check out this forum for more information.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...t=63630&page=8

...if any one has tried out this please let us know.
Old 27th December 2006, 18:55   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
hey Jitu..

some tools which i found which you can use to interface your GPS device and computer and tracking..yes they are freewares..

GE-Remote

Earth Bridge - Bridge the gap between Google Earth and your GPS receiver.

you can check out this forum for more information.

Google Earth GPS Tracking Solution - Page 8 - MP3Car.com Forums

...if any one has tried out this please let us know.
Thanks H.F for the links anyways i dont intend to do any such setup i just wanted to know how it works & complications involved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks