Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2023, 21:48   #31

Re: Whining sort of noise only at a certain rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BODHI25 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a Polo 1.2 MPI which is almost 9 years old now and I have been facing similar kind of issue in my Polo as well but I'm getting this whining type noise between 1500 RPM to 1900 RPM, before 1500 RPM there's no sound and after 1900 RPM there's no sound coming as well.
I know another person with the same car, same engine facing the exact same issue.
Strangely, this sound doesn't come when the AC is on and if the AC is off then the sound comes under acceleration and it's irritating like anything.
As of now we both have changed the tensioner pulley but that didn't help either, I'm totally clueless!

Surprisingly the other Polo's V.belt was fixed differently than the stock and the sound didn't come but VW service center said that's not the right way to put the V.belt but the thing is in stock way the sound is still coming.

Apart from the sound, the car behaves totally normal.

Update:
The issue seems to have been resolved for now. *touchwood

The idler pulley was replaced with a new OEM one, and that whine did reduce to some extent, but somehow I had a feeling that if I wanted, I could replicate it again. But I didn't do that.The next thing I got replaced was the v-belt, and it seems to have worked out better; there was no more that irritating sound at lower rpm. I'm not sure for how long this is going to stay like this; let's keep our fingers crossed.

So, in total, 3 things got replaced in my case:
1. Tensioner Pulley
2. Idler Pulley
3. V-belt.

I hope this helps all the VW Polo 1.2 MPi owners if they are facing the same.
Old 31st August 2023, 23:28   #32
BHPian

I am facing exactly this on Baleno 2016 Petrol 1.2 NA. This started happening last November right after clutch assembly was changed. There is no clarity as to why it is there. The car is barely done 54k kms(driven by 4 of us, first car for my brother and in a way for me as well - both of us did lot of clutch riding early on as we had very recently learnt driving when Baleno came in family)

Nearby Nexa ASS - Magic Auto Nexa (another magic dealership) could not recognize the sound itself. It comes on in rapid acceleration in mid range RPMs(say from 1600-2400 generally). But goes away once acceleration is not rapid again. Its like a ggrrrrrr in background in addition to the normal engine noise. In addition to steering stickiness, sounds during gear shifts (that goes away on greasing for a few day) not sure what it really is and a dead stiff suspension.

I have considered visiting the Company Operated service workshop about 12-13kms away. We plan to keep it for another 2 years maximum so also don’t want to make a very large expense.

Is the K12 engine known to exhibit such behaviour so soon sometimes?
Cannot be turbo plumbing issues since NA engine. Engine mount, V-belt and bearings are three things that come to mind. Any reliable FNG here in Dwarka, Delhi for Maruti?

Last edited by SixPistons : 31st August 2023 at 23:32.
Old 31st August 2023, 23:51   #33
BHPian

From 2012 to 2015 I had a Swift ZDi. After around 30k kms the engine began to vibrate at a particular rpm. Similar to your car, it did that only under load at around 2500 rpm and this vibration carried on till around 3000 rpm. Before and after this rpm range the car behaved perfectly as if the vibration did not exist at all, neither did the problem happen in neutral.

The problem was diagnosed to be a defective clutch plate, which was replaced under warranty along with the pressure plate and release bearing. Similar to your car, there was no slippage or any other tell-tale sign from the clutch at all.

So get your clutch checked along with the flywheel. I strongly suspect that your problem lies there.

Last edited by Potenza : 31st August 2023 at 23:57. Reason: Typo
Old 1st September 2023, 00:09   #34
BHPian

But the whole setup was just replaced after which this started happening, so that would indicate a faulty clutch plate and flywheel installation by the Magic Auto ASS at Dwarka where I got the whole thing replaced in the first place. Hmmm…

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks