Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2018, 12:23   #31
BHPian

Re: High RPM due to after-market electrical accessories

So the car is now at the MASS for over 6 days. They have opened up the head assembly and have called for new replacement parts (tappet valves, seats, etc.).

I haven't been able to get any more details from them as to why are they replacing these parts and if they have been damaged which calls for a replacement. They aren't even confirming if this is the root cause of the RPM fluctuation.

The most intriguing part of this is that they started this job even without informing me and that too under warranty (which as per them was void the last time I had some engine related problems).

The car had met with an accident in it's first year and the engine was damaged and had to be repaired. This resulted in the warranty on the engine getting void as per Maruti policies.

The same guy who had rejected my warranty claim 2 years ago is the one who approved the replacement of parts/labor under warranty this time. I wonder why is that so and if he has the authority to do that (iirc, this has to be approved by Maruti HQ in Noida).
Old 29th August 2018, 13:43   #32
BHPian

Re: High RPM due to after-market electrical accessories

I got the car back with the overhauled head assembly and have been using it for the past few weeks now and the RPM is no longer fluctuating.

However, I did run into an issue last weekend where the car started jerking in the 1st and 2nd gear. Took the car to the service station where they diagnosed it to be an engine misfiring issue caused due to faulty wiring which they fixed for free.

They have also ordered for a engine bay wiring harness replacement under warranty which should be arriving in a few days.

Thank you all for your advice and suggestions.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks