Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2018, 01:10   #31
BHPian

Re: Suzuki S-Cross: Bouncy rear suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
For escalation, drop Sashi a PM.

The online parts suppliers - what brand do they supply?

Any cobblestone (or similarly paved) roads in your vicinity? If so, could you see if the ABS activates when braking.

Not connected with the main issue, but why is shocks wont work properly if horizontal coming up in our discussion?

Regards
Sutripta
Online only KYB is available is available for which we have decided to do a group buy. With Maruti not providing any kind of support other than 'shocks are fine, no oil leak, no noise sir' diagnosis. It is dis heartening for people, who have paid close to 15 Lakhs for a supposedly premium car, treated like idiots at the A.S.S and by TSM of Maruti.
The way escalation matrix seems to work is, at each level the Maruti officials keep discrediting the customer and finally the customer loses his patience and starts accepting that the shocks are good enough.
Of what use is anyone on LinkedIn or any social media, who has a profile but cannot reply to any messages?
I do understand, LinkedIn is not a place to complain, but the last resort and that is the closest way to get in touch with anyone.

The ABS works fine. The ABS is well calibrated for the car. The oil inside the chamber when horizontal, is not enough for passing through the valves, is what I understand from the advisory PDF of various shock absorber manufacturers.
CaliforniaKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 22:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Pity about the lack of response even after escalating.

Do keep us posted about the results on fitting the KYB parts.

Re horizontal shocks, my question was not on what happens when a shock is horizontal, but on why the issue of horizontal shocks came up in our discussion.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 11th December 2018, 00:17   #33

Hi, my 16 months old S-Cross 1.3 zeta has similar suspension issues post the 10K service. I can definitely feel the suspension jiggling a lot over minor bumps and undulations. Also, body roll has increased noticably.

The car is driven mostly on the smooth OMR road in Chennai. Wheel alignment, balancing and 4-wheel rotation was done during 10K service.
Old 11th December 2018, 10:06   #34
BHPian

I have a S-Cross 1.3 (Nov 2016) and I am generally happy with the suspension even though i find it bit on the firmer side. There are cases when driven over few sharp bumps, I can feel the rear stepping out of line. I highlighted this to MASS during the 20K service, but all I got in response was the shocks are fine, there are no leaks etc.

To put into perspective, my friends Vento (2015) has a much softer and a compliant ride and I have never experienced any 'rear stepping out of line' issues.

Vento seems to a low slung car with a lower GC as compared to the S-cross
Could higher GC + firmer suspension add to the 'stepping out of line' behavior?

Also, could any one share, the suspension tests for other cars (in Indian market) and compare it with that of S-Cross.

Last edited by djkher : 11th December 2018 at 10:11.
Old 11th December 2018, 18:57   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
Hi benzinblut,Trust me the car is a beast to drive and to be driven in.Most cases reported is same as your vehicle mileage,after 30000km.Lets see, how the same can be resolved.We are waiting on test reports and then we need to confirm if the 'Gabriels' are at fault.
PS: Are you a member of the 1.6 exclusive?

To add to my previous observations, since a few days I notice a tak-tak / kat-kat sound when reversing on uneven and broken surface.

I have to take the car out in reverse on a downward slope of 4m length to get out of my parking area. The ground is broken concrete. I notice this sound 9 out of 10 times.

May be the choppy suspension and this sound are related.

PS: Yes, I am on the 1.6 exclusive watsapp group .

Last edited by benzinblut : 11th December 2018 at 19:02.
Old 19th December 2018, 00:19   #36
BHPian

There has been a marginal delay in getting the necessary documents, which I can upload to Team-BHP.
I am expecting more suspension test results in a weeks time. Test report will be of both, OEM gabriels and the newly imported KYB's installed on the same car.
CaliforniaKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 12:26   #37
BHPian

The test report is still pending. However, after trying to escalate the matter through regular channels, we had posted on LinkedIn, addressing the concern and tagging the top officials. I am surprised to see the people sharing experiences there, is way higher than I had anticipated.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update...2382313676800/

Dear Moderators, if it is not the policy of Team-BHP on attaching an external link, kindly remove the link.
Old 19th December 2020, 06:13   #38

Is there any solution for this problem?? I lost confidence in my car with this problem. Mine is a 2019 Zeta 1.3 L. Bouncy ride and loosing line even over road rumbles.
Old 19th December 2020, 16:38   #39

Sorry for back to back posts. I've brought this issue to the notice of Maruti and Nexa people on Twitter. Awaiting their response. Hope they'll come up with a solution. The Service people are simply striking off saying that there is no problem at all and the car is completely perfect. I've lost confidence in the car and I'm scared to drive around with my family aboard. Pls help if anybody got solution for this problem.
Old 26th August 2021, 02:55   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
To add to my previous observations, since a few days I notice a tak-tak / kat-kat sound when reversing on uneven and broken surface.

I have to take the car out in reverse on a downward slope of 4m length to get out of my parking area. The ground is broken concrete. I notice this sound 9 out of 10 times.

May be the choppy suspension and this sound are related.

PS: Yes, I am on the 1.6 exclusive watsapp group .
Hello Benzinblut, How did you resolve this issue?
Old 26th August 2021, 12:40   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Hello Benzinblut, How did you resolve this issue?
I got the rear beam changed under warranty. In fact, this was a known problem on the 1.6 Scross and Maruti replaced the rear beam on many of them after reproducing the sound at Maruti and/or some persistance.

In my case they wouldn't agree that there is a problem because I couldn't replicate it. Only on my second visit they agreed after they saw it.
benzinblut is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 13:00   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
There has been a marginal delay in getting the necessary documents, which I can upload to Team-BHP.
I am expecting more suspension test results in a weeks time. Test report will be of both, OEM gabriels and the newly imported KYB's installed on the same car.
Hi, my SCross 1.3 from year 2015 has covered around 76k km. I've been facing suspension issues since 10k km, but the usual response from NEXA service is that everything is fine. I'm writing to inquire about replacement options. Can you provide some suggestions? Additionally, are KYBs available in India? If so, what was your experience with them? What would you recommend for the replacement of the suspension needed for my SCross?"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks