Team-BHP - OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/20803-obd-board-diagnostics-indian-cars-3.html)

Pics of the OBD Port in the Ikon:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post422437

Thank you Sss.

-Absar

The Fiat Examiner and TATA ECU Software

FIAT

Tata Interface

wolfinstein, this looks interesting. What did you do?

Maybe someone can help me understand this better but why would you need such tools for our daily-driving 4 cylinder family sedans / hatchbacks? I can understand if there are heavy modifications or the car that we are talking about is a high-performance machine (think exotics or even EVOs and Imprezas).

But why would we need this? My Vtec has not had a single error in almost 50,000 kms. Like I said, no offence but I am really curious to know why.

Well GTO, such tools are absolutely not necessary for daily driving. Also the Malfunctions/errors will only be generated if someone has tampered/damaged original wiring/sensors.

But the Digital Guages in scanguage give you real time engine data like RPM, Coolant Temp, Intake Air Temp, Throttle Position etc. And Im sure some of the car crazy members here would like to know whats exactly happening under their car's hood. Also the Scanguage is almost the size of 1-Din HU, and it can be mounted nicely on the dashboard, plus you can select the background colour of the screen like on some HU's, and select the data you want to be shown on screen. More details on ..ScanGaugeII - Scan Tool + Digital Gauges + Trip Computers

Sadly, it works on very few indian cars. And worse, on none of mine.

Its not for resetting the codes as such. It gives fuel economy real time and people that I know use it to modify their driving habits. Plus ofcourse the coolness of seeing various things happening in your engine real time.

This is how it works for the baleno's .. The scanner is called Tech - II ..

yup same for the Alto. tech-2 is what MUL uses for real time info. Have tried it on the alto and can completely log all the events for around 5 mins. you can then see all the graphs like the IAT, throttle position and timing and various other stuff.

Not all MUL service centres have it. In bangy, I believe RNS, Mandovi have it but not sure about the rest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 422496)

Mcl.. where is the port located? I read on the net that its under the glove box (That could be for LHD Baleno though, if there was one)

But, from ur pic, it appears to be under the steering wheel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spadival (Post 422522)
Mcl.. where is the port located?

Its right under the steering wheel assembly .. To the right side of the car ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 422536)
Its right under the steering wheel assembly .. To the right side of the car ..

Thats great.. Closer to the dash the better :).. However, did it give out any readings when you hooked it up?

Quote:

But the Digital Guages in scanguage give you real time engine data like RPM, Coolant Temp, Intake Air Temp, Throttle Position etc. And Im sure some of the car crazy members here would like to know whats exactly happening under their car's hood.
So basically for novelty?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 423141)
So basically for novelty?

Nope not novelty.
An unscrupulous workshop can tell you that your car has blown something major and you need to replace it for 10K. If you have this you plug it in and know whats wrong.
Error codes can tell a lot about whats going on in the vehicle.
Normally your alternator not fully charging under AC and headlight load can leave you stranded late at night, but if you have such a thing with you, you will know about this problem much earlier.
In the US market it costs 50$ just for a scan of the engine computer to find out whats wrong, thats what its intended for.
It can also help you decide whether to go to authorized service center of local mechanic(choked air filter, or blown O2 sensor)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 422496)

Where do we get these in Bangalore and how much does it cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramki067 (Post 423813)
Where do we get these in Bangalore and how much does it cost?

Its not for sale .. Its a a showroom where I needed some finetuning to be done .. I dont think the general public will be allowed access to this unless the car is faulty ..