Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2019, 13:57   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra Marazzo's malfunctioning co-driver seatbelt warning alarm

Mod Note: Posts related to the Mahindra Marazzo's malfunctioning co-driver seatbelt warning alarm copied to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 19:12   #17
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
1. The passenger seat belt reminder keeps ringing even if no one is sitting on the passenger seat.
Although we BHPians curse these and rightly so, you can ask your relative to get these dummy seatbelt buckles for when there's no one in the passenger seat. However, Always remember to buckle up and remove this during the usage of the passenger seat
Mahindra Marazzo's malfunctioning co-driver seatbelt warning alarm-images-14.jpeg
It is a good temporary solution until you can get the issue fixed completely. It's quite cheap too. Here's one I found on Amazon for ₹89+shipping

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B071JF6MXB/..._B9N8CbTEZKJCC

Cheers!
porsche_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 20:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish5000 View Post
Did you get a chance to try this out?
I'm out of city for a few days. I'll be back home in about a week and then I'll update. But so far in 6 months I haven't had any such issue. No warning. Maybe I should check if my sensors are actually working or not ;p
TravelMonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 17:01   #19
BHPian

Honestly, it cannot get sillier than this! This is basics 1-o-1.

I think someone should post this on Twitter and tag Mahindra, incl. Anand Mahindra on it. He is pretty active on social media, I am sure with enough re-tweets this will catch his attention.

Another method is snail-email.

If I were an owner, I would demand this be rectified via a software or hardware update.

Last edited by McLaren Roxx : 6th June 2019 at 17:02. Reason: additional thoughts
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 19:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

There is another question related to this entire issue, If I am not mistaken, don't the airbags activate only when the seat belt is locked AND/OR there is a weight sensor under the seat? If there is no weight sensor, in Marazzo's case then, the passenger airbag will inflate in case of collision 'irrespective of the seat being occupied ? or, how is that going to work ?
NiInJa is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 21:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

This is absolute BS. Looks like a batch of cars didn't have the weight sensors.

Even the 2006 Innova V had the weight sensor on the passenger seat and it was connected to a blinking light on the center console.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 22:07   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
There is another question related to this entire issue, If I am not mistaken, don't the airbags activate only when the seat belt is locked AND/OR there is a weight sensor under the seat?
I think the airbag deployment is dependent only on seat belt. If seat belt is locked, the airbag would get triggered, else it does not as it will cause unexpected results (injuries) to the passenger/driver. I could be wrong also.
Old 6th June 2019, 22:35   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish5000 View Post
I mailed the Mahindra customer care and one of the manager gave me a call back. This seems to be a known issue and they are certain that there is no weight sensor for the Marazzo. This potentially seems to be a design flaw from Mahindra's side. They had paid attention to detail in many areas but lacked here completely. Very much disappointed.
How did all the media reviews miss this? No one drove alone or the media drive units didn’t have this issue?
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 08:54   #24
BHPian

In some Mahindra vehicles, the driver seat belt warning just depends on an electric switch in the seat belt buckle. There are no weight sensors on the driver seat. Probably the same mechanism is incorporated on the front passenger side in the Marrazo. Cost cutting would be the logical explanation.
Old 7th June 2019, 11:29   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Regarding the seat belt thing, we were told there is no weight sensor under the passenger seat and you have to buckle it up if no one is sitting or the warning keeps beeping. We have bought a dummy seat belt buckle for the same, wonder how they could miss such a basic thing in their testing regime, they have passed on our feedback to Mahindra.
This is outright silly! I cant imagine how someone would have decided skipping on a weight sensor for the passenger seat is in any way acceptable.
Old 7th June 2019, 16:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

I do not know how it is in other cars but the base variant M2 does not even have a FM antenna, there is no provision to even add one. My friend has sent the car to a couple of shops to get the FM thing done since the M2 does not have any audio system installed but the audio guys are saying there is no antenna and there is no provision to even add one. They removed the roof liner to check for any FM wiring to add an antenna but were unable to find one, we are still trying to see what can be done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
Sadly, this is what we have procured to silence the stupid warning. It is too inconvenient to keep pulling the passenger side belt to bolt it when no one is sitting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
This is outright silly! I cant imagine how someone would have decided skipping on a weight sensor for the passenger seat is in any way acceptable.
Indeed, the service guys just shrugged it off and said its not too much of a hassle to pull the passenger side belt and bolt it, other Marazzo owners are doing the same thing. Mahindra needs to issue a recall and sort this stupidity of their's.
Old 7th June 2019, 18:04   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
How did all the media reviews miss this? No one drove alone or the media drive units didn’t have this issue?
I would say that the test units didn't have this issue. I was curious after your question and decided to watch all the test drive reviews in YouTube. Of all the video reviews I watched in youtube, there are only very few videos which had a test drive review. Among those few videos, none of them had a co-passenger seated while the vehicle was in motion at the time of TD review. As expected, they DID NOT FACE THIS even if the co-passenger seats were unoccupied. I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't have latched the co-passenger seat belt (like how Mahindra advised me to avoid this issue) else that would have been mentioned explicitly as part of their review.

A point to note here is that all the TD review cars are M8 and I couldn't see any M8 owners shouting for this issue. I assume that it is persistent only in M2, M4 and M6 variants.

But how could Mahindra miss this? Indeed a costly miss!! It would be great if Mahindra recalls the batch and provides a permanent solution to this.
harish5000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 22:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
Although we BHPians curse these and rightly so, you can ask your relative to get these dummy seatbelt buckles for when there's no one in the passenger seat.
Probable these found on AliExpress will be of better use!
- No irritating alarms
- Passenger can buckle up whenever
- Cost effective solution!

Mahindra Marazzo's malfunctioning co-driver seatbelt warning alarm-psx_20190607_222706.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo's malfunctioning co-driver seatbelt warning alarm-psx_20190607_222727.jpg

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328987...N1559926501047
Geo_Ipe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 23:30   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Indeed, the service guys just shrugged it off and said its not too much of a hassle to pull the passenger side belt and bolt it, other Marazzo owners are doing the same thing.
So in case a Marazzo or any Mahindra engine fails to start one fine day, will they advice to use Uber or Ola as it is easier than fixing the engine and will reduce the stress while driving a car. Work around is done when the fix is not readily available, but in this case they know what to be fixed and where. So a work around is not what is expected out of a good ethical company.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 10:09   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Probable these found on AliExpress will be of better use!
- No irritating alarms
- Passenger can buckle up whenever
- Cost effective solution!

Attachment 1882826

Attachment 1882827

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328987...N1559926501047
even simpler would be to unlatch the switch from under the seat. Would that not work?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks