Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2019, 17:36   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra Marazzo's malfunctioning co-driver seatbelt warning alarm

Thanks to Sachin Wankhade for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
The seatbelt warning can be temporarily stopped by detaching the cable below the co-passenger's seat, as in the attached image. Interestingly, I got delivery of my M8 variant in this condition due to which I never faced any problem!! But this makes me wonder about its airbag operation.
Mahindra Marazzo's malfunctioning co-driver seatbelt warning alarm-img_20190613_090930.jpg
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 19:17   #32
BHPian

Is there anyone on this forum whose Marazzo DOES NOT have a passenger seat belt warning? I have a 2018 Marazzo M8 and I do not have this feature on my car!
Old 14th June 2019, 19:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnl_Cmbstn View Post
Is there anyone on this forum whose Marazzo DOES NOT have a passenger seat belt warning? I have a 2018 Marazzo M8 and I do not have this feature on my car!
Check your passenger seat, you may also have faced the unplugged wire issue like Sachin above.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 16:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Sachin Wankhade for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Attachment 1884711
Wow that is scary. Some serious issue this. And rightly pointed out, this might even affect the airbag deployment.
I will check this and will surely register my complaint with Mahindra if required.
Old 4th July 2019, 11:38   #35
BHPian

So, I checked again with a passenger seated and without. It does not make a warning sound like for the driver's seatbelt.
The warning light on the dash though, keeps on even if no one is seated in the co passenger seat.
But, it never beeps for the passenger, only for the driver.

Mahindra Marazzo's malfunctioning co-driver seatbelt warning alarm-img_20190627_005310067.jpg
Old 17th July 2019, 11:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

My father-in-law's 2019 Marazzo M6 has the same passenger seatbelt buzzer issue. He e-mailed Mahindra Customer Care about the issue after the local Mahindra workshop expressed their helplessness over the issue and instead told him that as there was no weight sensor under the seat and the seatbelt buzzer would trigger anyway, to permanently keep the passenger seatbelt inserted in its slot to stop the buzzer!!!!

This was the pathetic reply from Mahindra Customer Care, wherein they are trying to hide behind the new CMVR regulations, instead of accepting their goof up:
Quote:
--------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Wed, 10 Jul, 2019, 8:42 PM
Subject: FW: Seat belt
To: XXXXX@gmail.com <XXXX@gmail.com>
Cc: Mahnthesh HO <XXXXX@karagencies.com>, XXXXX@karagencies.com <XXXX@karagencies.com>, CUSTOMERCARE <CUSTOMERCARE@mahindra.com>

Good evening Mr XXXXX,

Greetings from Mahindra & Mahindra!

At the outset regret the inconvenience.

This email has reference to the discussion that we had yesterday wherein I have been able to clarify that the co-driver (passenger) seat belt warning is a product feature complying to the new CMVR regulation ( AIS 145)

We have abided by the same with no policy of removing or altering the same as of now.

I have hereby in this email hereby adding Mr Mahantesh (Service Manager, Karnataka Agencies Mangalore/+91-XXXXXXXX) to support you with any kind of service requirements in future.

Assuring you of all our support as always & our tenacious efforts are to ensure that we have a smiling customer experience.

Thanks and regards

Vijith

Customer Care

Mahindra & Mahindra

Bangalore
Even my 2009 i20 had a weight sensor under the front passenger seat, which would trigger off the alarm if the front passenger didn't belt up. So I find it extremely silly of Mahindra to have skipped on the weight sensor inadvertently or otherwise. Needless to say, it is an extremely annoying issue. I don't think anyone in Mahindra realises how silly it looks on a 15+ lakh car!!!!

Last edited by skanchan95 : 17th July 2019 at 11:48.
skanchan95 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 18:59   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I dont think this is a goof up (as I thought before), looks more like a knowingly done thing - a case of saving a few rupees in manufacturing cost. Afterall, its the indian customer, he is anyway used to hearing a cacophony of noises from the traffic around, why bother to silence some "ding ding" noises ?
Old 31st August 2019, 12:22   #38
BHPian

I think Mahindra has resolved the issue by an ECU update.
I did the 10k service recently and I mentioned this issue to my service adviser. He said it'll be gone after the ECU flash.
Pre-update, my car used to just buzz for the driver's seat belt and not for the passenger. And now it doesn't make any noise for any seat belt. It just shows the warning light on the instrument cluster.
TravelMonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 01:20   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMonk View Post
I think Mahindra has resolved the issue by an ECU update.
I did the 10k service recently and I mentioned this issue to my service adviser. He said it'll be gone after the ECU flash.
Pre-update, my car used to just buzz for the driver's seat belt and not for the passenger. And now it doesn't make any noise for any seat belt. It just shows the warning light on the instrument cluster.
Lately found this thread, my car (M6) has this passenger seat belt warning buzz alarm issue from Day 1 (23-Nov-2018). Will get this checked at service center and update you fellow BHPians.

BTW, I saw many users who faced this issue from this thread but none updated about the issue status. Hope the problem is rectified to everyone.

Last edited by ManneAtWheelz : 12th January 2021 at 01:21. Reason: Model update
Old 12th January 2021, 01:30   #40
BHPian

I took delivery of a 2019 November built Marazzo M2 in December. The passenger seat belt warning has been working fine. Start driving with a passenger not wearing the belt, it starts beeping. No issues observed.
Old 28th January 2021, 19:25   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
BTW, I saw many users who faced this issue from this thread but none updated about the issue status. Hope the problem is rectified to everyone.
Update: Still no buzzing for passenger seat belt. It beeps for the driver, and only sometimes yells at me asking me to wear the belt.
TravelMonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 19:51   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMonk View Post
Update: Still no buzzing for passenger seat belt. It beeps for the driver, and only sometimes yells at me asking me to wear the belt.
Driver side seat belt warning is a must and common thing that should and will happen anyways. My passenger side seat belt warning is now not giving any beeps or sounds from some time. I thought I must have turned off the seat belt option but I'm wrong. Seat belt option is in ON mode, may be the service center persons might have disconnected the cords underneath the passenger seat to disable the warnings.

Ideally it's the seat sensor that should do the job, now the seat belt warning do not come even if the passenger do not put on the seat belt. What a mess Mahindra has done here..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks