Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2022, 00:22   #16
BHPian

Re: CVT Transmission (Gear) Oil replacement for the Maruti Baleno CVT

This is strange practice. I have a Honda Amaze CVT Petrol. In this car, Honda recommends CVT oil change in every alternate service.
https://www.hondacarindia.com/honda-...ic-maintenance
Attached Thumbnails
CVT Transmission (Gear) Oil replacement for the Maruti Baleno CVT-screen-shot-20220501-12.16.58-am.png  

Old 1st May 2022, 05:10   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
This post is for those who wish to get their oil & filter replaced, although the manual does not have a service interval.

Thanks a ton & appreciate your effort in detailing the entire process. Although, would you be kind enough to upload a screenshot of the bill as well?

Mod Note - Please quote only the releavent portion, Thanks.

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st May 2022 at 07:15. Reason: Trimmed quote
Old 1st May 2022, 09:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Parwan View Post
This is strange practice. I have a Honda Amaze CVT Petrol. In this car, Honda recommends CVT oil change in every alternate service.
https://www.hondacarindia.com/honda-...ic-maintenance
It shows transmission fluid change for automatic Petrol Amaze is at every 40,000km and not at every alternate service.
Old 1st May 2022, 10:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
It shows transmission fluid change for automatic Petrol Amaze is at every 40,000km and not at every alternate service.
You are correct. I checked in the manual and it says 2 years or 40,000 Km. but the official website says every 20,000 km. My car completed 2.5 years so they changed the oil even though it has hardly done 20,000 Km.
Old 1st May 2022, 11:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Parwan View Post
You are correct. I checked in the manual and it says 2 years or 40,000 Km. but the official website says every 20,000 km. My car completed 2.5 years so they changed the oil even though it has hardly done 20,000 Km.
Website you shared mentions every 2 years / 40k km.. So whichever interval comes first. Service center seems to have followed the same.
Old 10th May 2022, 12:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJunk View Post
Thanks a ton & appreciate your effort in detailing the entire process. Although, would you be kind enough to upload a screenshot of the bill as well?
Please find. Was occupied with work, could not post earlier. Also, attaching some pics of the old/used spares.

Notice the metal shavings on the oil filter.

CVT Transmission (Gear) Oil replacement for the Maruti Baleno CVT-whatsapp-image-20220510-12.26.46-pm.jpegCVT Transmission (Gear) Oil replacement for the Maruti Baleno CVT-whatsapp-image-20220510-12.27.26-pm.jpegCVT Transmission (Gear) Oil replacement for the Maruti Baleno CVT-whatsapp-image-20220510-12.27.25-pm.jpegCVT Transmission (Gear) Oil replacement for the Maruti Baleno CVT-whatsapp-image-20220510-12.27.26-pm-1.jpeg
lxskllr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 19:06   #22

Dear Members

Post my Cvt Oil change on Sep 2020 (59,500kms), feeling a slight resistance on gear changes I decided to have oil replaced once again. So at this point I have clocked 71,600km and 5 years 10 months of owning the car.

My Local authorized Maruti service center very hesitantly agreed to have this procedure done, although only limited to having the oil drained via the drain plug and then top-up the equivalent quantity.

But ever since our member lxskllr had done a complete Filter Change, Gasket Change, Oil Pan Service, I was looking forward to having the same done. Unfortunately, as expected the service professionals don't agree to this stating that they have no instructions from Nexa on this procedure and are not willing to do so.

I am eager to find out, if any of our members in South Kerala have managed to get this procedure done? Looking forward to your advice.
SpaceJunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 04:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
In contrast, Toyota 4 speed ATs do not require transmission fluid change for life under normal driving conditions.

This applies to the old Corolla, the 2008-11 Altis, the Fortuner AT.
Suzuki recommends transmission fluid change on their 4-speed torque converter ATs only every 11 years / 1,65,000kms.
I spotted the same contradiction in Maruti Suzuki user manual vs others. For different models using the same ATF (JWS 3309 spec), the change schedules are vastly different.

In most forums, ATF drain and fill at 40K kilometers is recommended. However I am really not sure where does Maruti's "change after 11 years come from. The key question is: Does ATF degrade with the passage of time even if driven for less kilometers?

As we have seen in this thread, it is risky to trust Maruti's recommendations.
Old 13th August 2023, 10:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
This post is for those who wish to get their oil & filter replaced, although the manual does not have a service interval.
A follow up to my old post. There's a video showing the same steps. Hope you guys get a better idea on how things are done! (Not my car!)

lxskllr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 12:45   #25

Good Afternoon

So the day is 3rd November 2023 and I have managed to get a full CVT transmission oil change after almost 20 days of placing order for Parts. (CVT filter, CVT Green2 fluid, Drain pan Gasket, Drain Plug & Drain Gasket).

My 2016 Baleno Zeta CVT has clocked 85,490Kms and to date I have had two partial drains and oil top ups. Details of this are on my previous posts and both these services were reluctantly done at my local Maruti service center who kept telling me that the oil is lifetime and I am not supposed to do this oil change.

To cut the story short I had to travel 140kms to get the job done. Here is the Cost breakdown INR 9517 (Parts), INR 950 (Labour)

Post Change, The car drive good as new. Acceleration, Drive, Shifts all have become smooth. Whining noise has reduced to almost nil.

(I did witness the oil while it was being changed. Gosh it was dark and sticking and the Junk that was stuck on the drain pan was harsh!)
Attached Thumbnails
CVT Transmission (Gear) Oil replacement for the Maruti Baleno CVT-20231105_120951.jpg  

SpaceJunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 10:08   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJunk View Post
Good Afternoon

To cut the story short I had to travel 140kms to get the job done. Here is the Cost breakdown INR 9517 (Parts), INR 950 (Labour)

Post Change, The car drive good as new. Acceleration, Drive, Shifts all have become smooth. Whining noise has reduced to almost nil.
Hi SpaceJunk,

Where did you get the CVT fluid replacement done? My car has crossed 40k kms and I too am keen on getting the fluid replaced.
Old 26th November 2023, 08:51   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Hi SpaceJunk,

Where did you get the CVT fluid replacement done? My car has crossed 40k kms and I too am keen on getting the fluid replaced.
Hey.. Got it done at Nexa Service Kalamassery. One Mr Aamir was the service personnel who helped me with it.
SpaceJunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 16:11   #28
BHPian

My 2011 Corolla had a similar transmission fluid filter and Toyota said that there's almost no need ever to replace it. Just needs a can of brake cleaner to clean it perfectly.
iron.head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 18:28   #29

Has anyone done a complete transmission service for the Baleno CVT in Mumbai, Pune, or Nashik?
Old 31st January 2024, 16:36   #30

First of all thanks to team bhp members for sharing their valuable inputs here on this undisclosed issue of Maruti Baleno CVT fluid replacement

My car was purchased in July 2016 & I have clocked 47k kms. For quite a while I did observe a whining noise whenever I had a freerun of the vehicle (i.e you accelerate for a stretch in D mode and then remove the foot from the accelerator and let it run on its own). In my last service I informed Nexa yelahanka (bangalore-north) to look into this. They just came back saying all is well. That is when I googled the issue and came across all these articles.

I then placed an order of the materials with Nexa yelahanka (bangalore-north) by paying an advance of Rs.2500. Finally they had the material after almost 30+ days. I fixed an appointment recently and went to the service station. They drained the CVT fluid and did not measure the amount. It was black in color. Definitely need a change in my perspective. Changed all the required spares and fixed it back. Allowed for 2 hours for the oil pan gasket to dry well. Then the task of filling the oil.

Unfortunately they did not have a proper funnel or neither a measure to check the amount of oil that will be filled. Is this expected in a Nexa service station? Very bad. The CVT fluid comes in a 4 lts box. They filled it with great difficulty. We did check the cold level & hot level in the dipstick. Did the gear shift to different modes and moved the vehicle and came back home. Brought back the remaining oil with me. Drove it for sometime and was not very happy yet.

Finally went to the local market and purchased a funnel and a 1 liter plastic measure. I then verified the remaining oil in the can & realized they had filled only 3.15 lts of oil. Now I have topped it up with another 550 ml and it is under observation.

Will update shortly.

Last edited by Axe77 : 31st January 2024 at 16:47. Reason: Para spacing to aid readability.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks