Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2022, 21:46   #46
BHPian

Re: Reliability issues with my Hyundai Santro AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhaskarG View Post
Update: engine assembled and mounted. I took a small test drive, and I found it to be smooth and without any unwanted sounds. Torque seemed normal. Some vibrations were there, though not excessive.

The workshop has informed that it will take few more days to get approval from Hyundai for handover. Meanwhile, anything that I should watch out for?
1. Look for puddles beneath your car. Since many hoses and nuts and bolts mush have been loosened, you may experience a drip even if a single mistake was make to retighten them. Decreasing coolant or oil level are an indicator of a leak somewhere.
2. Check if all the hoses and wiring harnesses have been routed properly and not hanging on hot surfaces.
3. Check for wheel alignment.
4. Check for any engine warning lights, smoking exhausts or sputtering from the engine
vaibhavyagnik is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 22:28   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavyagnik View Post
1. Look for puddles beneath your car.
<snip>
4. Check for any engine warning lights, smoking exhausts or sputtering from the engine
Thanks.

Now for time being, let us suppose that the workshop did a very good job. In that case, will the engine behave like a new one? Is there a higher probability of another pre-mature overhaul again in the future?
Old 5th December 2022, 23:14   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

Now for time being, let us suppose that the workshop did a very good job. In that case, will the engine behave like a new one? Is there a higher probability of another pre-mature overhaul again in the future?
That's the good part about mechanical engineering. There are standards and procedures. Tightening a bolt at 25NM torque at factory is same as tightening it at a local garage. As long as the standard operating procedures are followed and parts are original, there is no reason for the engine to not work like new.
vaibhavyagnik is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 11:22   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudhraas View Post
SEPT 2022 UPDATE:-

So, after 3.5 years of smooth running , my Santro Sportz AMT have started to face the issue of not shifting from N to D.
I have the exact same issue in my Santro Sportz AMT MY2019, AMT fails to slot to D or R from N and it has happened to me regularly if I take the car after 2-3 days. Good to know its related to battery and not some AMT gearbox issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudhraas View Post
As a precursor to the shift issue, from about 2 months before I started noticing that when I start my car first time in the morning, the clutch had slight hesitation in creeping forward for a first couple of seconds and a slight jerk is felt. I think this is probably related to battery voltage and can be considered a sign that battery is not in a good condition.
I've had this hesitation and jerking for first few meters for a long time now. When I asked about this during service, the SA brushed it off saying its normal for all AMT to have this issue during cold start.
vignesh207 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 10:47   #50
BHPian

Update: My Santro AMT's battery decided to give up on me yesterday. The signs of AMT not slotting into D or R should have made me more cautious but I delayed a bit and was stuck in middle of a busy shopping area with a car that refuses to start.

P.S.A: If you have an Automatic, always have jumper cable handy for jump starts. I had to wait for RSA to come and jump start the vehicle before I can drive to the nearest battery shop to get the battery replaced.

Request to Mods: Please merge with above post if okay.
vignesh207 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 05:14   #51
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

Hello Bhaskar,
You must have crossed 65k by now. Wanted to check with you on how the car is doing for now?
Do you feel any wear on the clutch?
Is there any scheduled maintenance prescribed on the clutch actuator by Hyundai?

Our Sportz AMT will be 2 years old in Aug this year and would be close to 15k km by then. It’s only used for errands and intra city runs to congested markets. Been quite trouble free, except for the key not functioning briefly.
Old 17th January 2024, 20:39   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Do you feel any wear on the clutch?
Is there any scheduled maintenance prescribed on the clutch actuator by Hyundai?
First of all, I apologise for the late reply. I had not noticed your post. Since it has been a long time since you posted, please let us know about the current status of your car.

There definitely will be some clutch wear compared to a new car. However, since the process is gradual, I have adjusted to it, I guess. I haven’t driven a brand new AMT now to compare.

Regarding maintenance of the actuator, the service manual doesn’t mention anything about it.
BhaskarG is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks