Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2007, 20:14   #31
Team-BHP Support

Ideally you should have fought with them to give it to you for free under warranty.

But then again I'm not sure if your warranty is still valid with the mods on your car.
Old 24th April 2007, 21:06   #32
BHPian

MARUTI is no more customer friendly!!

One of the major indian car maker known for best "customer satisfaction" is no more customer friendly!! I too have very bad experiance with both dealer guys and company appointed regional personals of Maruti!!! Leave apart the dealer guys... they are mo*ons, but the company appointed guys should be competant enough to address the problems of customers... here they are dumps!!! One of such guy, a "Territory Service Manager" doesn't know even the minor differances of Swift ZXi & VXi!!!GOOD FOR NOTHINGS!!

@ Karthik, Am sure you won't be a happy Maruti-ian unless otherwise you find an expert "MASS" (Maruti Authorised Service Station) guy for the regular service and repair of your car! In Ernakulam, there is one "AUTOTEAM" which is available best for Maruti solutions!!!!
Old 25th April 2007, 14:32   #33
BHPian

I 've been having clutch problems (aka shudder) since my first paid service at 20k on the Odo, the problem persisted till say 1k km after the next (2nd paid)service at 25k on the Odo. But since then the shudder is considerably reduced and during my pre service test by the Swift technician who had suggested clutch overhaul at the 30k service, showed no signs of shudder no matter how hard he tried, I blasted him stating what happed to his statements of 70% clutch wearout warranting a replacement, he said he has no clues to it and when I pointed out the fact that there are many Swift users who have faced similar problems at less than 10k, he says the dealers are aware of the problem and have escalated this to Maruti but no action has been taken yet so they are just offering to replace the clutch albeit at a cost of approx 6k.

Guys how about using the automatic clutch or a similar product which I presume is available in the market any pro's and con's of this system.

Is this clutch system plug n play by any chance????.

Has anyone tried after market clutch?

HELP!!!
Old 1st August 2007, 09:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

please help me get after market clutch for baleno. want a oem replacement or stage 2 if it is not hard to operate in city traffic. my kind of driving i think i am burning of clutches. can anyone help me with cost availability were to get it and what is price for baleno? thanks
Old 7th August 2007, 21:45   #35
BHPian

If clutch is not covered under warranty, will fitting an aftermarket clutch bust warranty cover?
Old 7th August 2007, 22:33   #36
BHPian

friends swift cluct packed up with 4k on odo, it actually broke in two pieces, the car had to be towed!

I am pretty definite that even i await the same fate as they should be from the same manufacturing lot-baught 30 days after him. He was told that it was the same handbrake story, howver they slashed the bill to half from the original estimate of 4.8k -when I informed him that it seems to be a perennial problem stated in TBHP- Kudos! they charged 2.2k with the regional MUL promising to investigate to the matter.

1) What are the signs of clutch giving up? pls forgive my ignorance- am an absolte noob to cars?
Old 1st July 2009, 17:52   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Among the SPEC list, can someone recommend the type of clutch for my car which is only used for street driving. Should i look at Stage2, Stage2+ or go upto Stage3?

SPEC Clutch's
Pete's Performance Products
i too have a problem in swift clutch. I got it replaced at 30000 km and now scared to use it .
Jogi
Old 1st July 2009, 18:21   #38
BHPian

Clutch for Corolla H2

The clutch in my corolla is quite hard (run 50K). I've started getting pain in the left knee off late. After I recently got the car water washed, the clutch was smooth (water entered somewhere), but then again it is back to being hard.

1. Do i need to get it replaced?
2. After market clutch suggestion (any specs)?
3. Where in mumbai?
Old 1st July 2009, 20:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Swift clutch problem is very common. I got mine replaced under warranty once and it packed up again. After that i plonked ina stage II Daikin/Excedy and it runs like a dream....until i have to drive in bumper to bumper. Thats when the pain starts and you wish you had an automatic.

No choice especially since my Swift is TCed.

A stage II will set you back in the range of 12-13K but will not wear out, at least not as often as the OE.
Old 1st July 2009, 21:06   #40
rippergeo

Any ideas about custom clutches? I've looked far and wide for beefier clutch for the Swift Vdi with no results.

Old 31st October 2009, 13:30   #41
BHPian

My drive has gone through the OEM clutch period and has started to give me the trouble. Was planning to upgrade to the Stage1 Exedy sports tuff clutch through the classifieds listed here. Its for 15K.
Exedy - Heavy Duty Clutch Kit

Kindly advice on the product and what will be the impact on the drive with this upgrade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks